DaGip rating abuse [warned]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

DaGip rating abuse [warned]

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 am

accused: DaGip

I have no idea why this player left me 1s, just played a game vs him, never attacked him or never said anything in game chat + he won Game 12177615. I posted on his wall and I see that other people complain on his wall about him leaving 1s for no reason.


Why did you give me 1 star?

by SheepFromNL
on 27 Dec 2012, 19:50

Go check the ratings lef to people on his page, he puts 1s to everybody, best rating is 2 stars. total douche attitude.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby therev1957 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Wow his ratings left page is the worst that I have ever seen...Also his signature promoting porn is very offensive!
Image
User avatar
Captain therev1957
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Ensenada, Mexico by way of Normal, IL
Medals: 145
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6)
Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby mviola on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm

therev1957 wrote:Wow his ratings left page is the worst that I have ever seen...Also his signature promoting porn is very offensive!

Did you even try clicking the link? Clearly, you didn't...

Also, he can't respond, because he's permabanned from posting in the forums.
High Score: 2906
User avatar
Major mviola
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI/NY
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 pm

went on the second page of his wall:


DaGip, why are you such a sore loser? You give everybody, and I mean everybody, a bad rating. Get over yourself.

by lpisme
on 06 Aug 2012, 17:51


Hey why did you give me such a bad rating?

by Larry46
on 22 Apr 2012, 18:34


why'd you give me the rating that you did?

by The Red
on 03 Feb 2011, 08:12


Cockhead

User avatar
by OzBloke
on 29 Sep 2010, 14:49

Fucking Retard. Cheat? Secret Alliance? You're a looser you pussy.

User avatar
by Johnny Rockets
on 23 May 2010, 23:46

@al1ce. DaGip IS AN ASSHOLE AND DOES THIS TO ANYBODY WHO BEATS HIM. SERIOUSLY HIS RATINGS ARE FULL OF THIS SHIT.

User avatar
by sundance123
on 05 Mar 2010, 00:55


1 star in all three areas? whats your problem?

by al1ce
on 17 Dec 2009, 21:22


1 star in all three areas? for real? this something personal?
Left you full stars in 2 different games.

by LaCrash
on 15 Oct 2009, 19:02

sorry to hear of your banning...didnt always agreee with you ... but I do believe in free speech

User avatar
by deliaselene
on 14 Jan 2009, 10:47


You're gonna get banned...

User avatar
by Gilligan
on 01 Sep 2008, 01:32

Ok this guy has already had disciplinary issues for other reasons and has been giving shit ratings to everyone for years. I don't know how he got away with it but it deserves more than a warning IMO
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby therev1957 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:47 am

mviola wrote:
therev1957 wrote:Wow his ratings left page is the worst that I have ever seen...Also his signature promoting porn is very offensive!

Did you even try clicking the link? Clearly, you didn't...


And of course I didn't click on the link...if I think porn is offensive I am not going to click on it to see if it works!
Image
User avatar
Captain therev1957
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Ensenada, Mexico by way of Normal, IL
Medals: 145
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6)
Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 am

therev1957 wrote:
mviola wrote:
therev1957 wrote:Wow his ratings left page is the worst that I have ever seen...Also his signature promoting porn is very offensive!

Did you even try clicking the link? Clearly, you didn't...


And of course I didn't click on the link...if I think porn is offensive I am not going to click on it to see if it works!


mviola he's a reverand, he ll never click on a link that says porn!!! :lol:
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby jiminski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:37 am

Well i'm guessing that DaG is treating the whole rating system with mild irreverence. He's banned from expressing himself in the forums so i also suspect he feels a little ostracised and outside of the community. I imagine he's a little sad to not be a more focal part of the site.
All things considered, i would think him quite happy to get a mention by Betko on this matter. No offence intended Betko, but in the cold, hard light of day, it doesn't much matter.
Image
User avatar
Major jiminski
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Location: London
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby Koganosi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:09 am

He has been guested?

Urs

Koganosi
Image
User avatar
Captain Koganosi
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:06 pm
Location: Netherlands
Medals: 64
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (8) Training Achievement (1)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 am

jiminski wrote:Well i'm guessing that DaG is treating the whole rating system with mild irreverence. He's banned from expressing himself in the forums so i also suspect he feels a little ostracised and outside of the community. I imagine he's a little sad to not be a more focal part of the site.
All things considered, i would think him quite happy to get a mention by Betko on this matter. No offence intended Betko, but in the cold, hard light of day, it doesn't much matter.


he's been completely abusing the rating system since 2009 at the very least from what i read on his wall. I don't know what he did to get forum banned, but if that is an excuse tu put 1s to everyone since at least 4 years I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on the fact that it's ok.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 am

Koganosi wrote:He has been guested?

Urs

Koganosi


actually yes, strange mods didn't say anything...
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby jiminski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:58 am

betiko wrote:
jiminski wrote:Well i'm guessing that DaG is treating the whole rating system with mild irreverence. He's banned from expressing himself in the forums so i also suspect he feels a little ostracised and outside of the community. I imagine he's a little sad to not be a more focal part of the site.
All things considered, i would think him quite happy to get a mention by Betko on this matter. No offence intended Betko, but in the cold, hard light of day, it doesn't much matter.


he's been completely abusing the rating system since 2009 at the very least from what i read on his wall. I don't know what he did to get forum banned, but if that is an excuse tu put 1s to everyone since at least 4 years I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on the fact that it's ok.


I wasn't really saying whether it's OK or not OK.. just that to him it's not a vindictive act (Though i concede that i'm purely guessing).
I think you are merely the victim of differing perspective; i suppose any 'crime' could be described as such but also any action, no matter how seemingly trivial, which affects another, could also fall under the same judgement as a conflict of perspective.
It's only our own personal journey which colours where we fall in the spectrum of perceived culpability and transgression.
Image
User avatar
Major jiminski
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Location: London
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:25 am

jiminski wrote:
betiko wrote:
jiminski wrote:Well i'm guessing that DaG is treating the whole rating system with mild irreverence. He's banned from expressing himself in the forums so i also suspect he feels a little ostracised and outside of the community. I imagine he's a little sad to not be a more focal part of the site.
All things considered, i would think him quite happy to get a mention by Betko on this matter. No offence intended Betko, but in the cold, hard light of day, it doesn't much matter.


he's been completely abusing the rating system since 2009 at the very least from what i read on his wall. I don't know what he did to get forum banned, but if that is an excuse tu put 1s to everyone since at least 4 years I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on the fact that it's ok.


I wasn't really saying whether it's OK or not OK.. just that to him it's not a vindictive act (Though i concede that i'm purely guessing).
I think you are merely the victim of differing perspective; i suppose any 'crime' could be described as such but also any action, no matter how seemingly trivial, which affects another, could also fall under the same judgement as a conflict of perspective.
It's only our own personal journey which colours where we fall in the spectrum of perceived culpability and transgression.


If you've been having people complaining on your wall for 4 years about the uncalled ratings you're leaving to everyone, I'm pretty sure you know you're being vindictive to people.
It's not about knowing if it's offensive or not anyway. If someone is a multi and doesn't know it's not tolerated on the site, he will be punished the same way as if he knows he's doing something wrong.
I don't think he's completely retarded and that he thinks it's ok to do so though.

can a mod explain how come he is guessed yet is able to play games?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby jiminski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 am

betiko wrote:
jiminski wrote:
betiko wrote:
jiminski wrote:Well i'm guessing that DaG is treating the whole rating system with mild irreverence. He's banned from expressing himself in the forums so i also suspect he feels a little ostracised and outside of the community. I imagine he's a little sad to not be a more focal part of the site.
All things considered, i would think him quite happy to get a mention by Betko on this matter. No offence intended Betko, but in the cold, hard light of day, it doesn't much matter.


he's been completely abusing the rating system since 2009 at the very least from what i read on his wall. I don't know what he did to get forum banned, but if that is an excuse tu put 1s to everyone since at least 4 years I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on the fact that it's ok.


I wasn't really saying whether it's OK or not OK.. just that to him it's not a vindictive act (Though i concede that i'm purely guessing).
I think you are merely the victim of differing perspective; i suppose any 'crime' could be described as such but also any action, no matter how seemingly trivial, which affects another, could also fall under the same judgement as a conflict of perspective.
It's only our own personal journey which colours where we fall in the spectrum of perceived culpability and transgression.


If you've been having people complaining on your wall for 4 years about the uncalled ratings you're leaving to everyone, I'm pretty sure you know you're being vindictive to people.
It's not about knowing if it's offensive or not anyway. If someone is a multi and doesn't know it's not tolerated on the site, he will be punished the same way as if he knows he's doing something wrong.
I don't think he's completely retarded and that he thinks it's ok to do so though.
...


Perspective is something we all have and everyone's is correct from where they're looking.
Take my girlfriend (please), if i tell her she has a "phat arse" she gets upset, even though from my part i very much like it just the way it is. Conversely, if i say the same thing to my aunty she very much enjoys the statement as she understands just how lusty it makes my uncle.

Now is my statement vindictive in either case?

I would say that it is merely a statement of fact; my girlfriend would say it is vindictive; my aunty would take it as a compliment.
Image
User avatar
Major jiminski
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Location: London
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:55 am

you still don't have a point, your example is unrelated. No one on the site likes getting 1s for no reason because someone needs attention.
There is something called ratings abuse, and what this guy has been doing for years fits completely in this cathegory unless you prove me wrong.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby jiminski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 am

betiko wrote:you still don't have a point, your example is unrelated. No one on the site likes getting 1s for no reason because someone needs attention.
There is something called ratings abuse, and what this guy has been doing for years fits completely in this cathegory unless you prove me wrong.


I'm not so sure.. i believe some would be amused, even like getting a 1 rating from a cheeky, rebellious, devil-may-care friend; some would not care at all and some would range from irritation to fury.
I realise you fall into my girlfriend's category of fury. i tell her to try to see it it from my perspective too but to her, as with you, the mirror seems only to make it even larger.
Image
User avatar
Major jiminski
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Location: London
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 am

jiminski wrote:
betiko wrote:you still don't have a point, your example is unrelated. No one on the site likes getting 1s for no reason because someone needs attention.
There is something called ratings abuse, and what this guy has been doing for years fits completely in this cathegory unless you prove me wrong.


I'm not so sure.. i believe some would be amused, even like getting a 1 rating from a cheeky, rebellious, devil-may-care friend; some would not care at all and some would range from irritation to fury.
I realise you fall into my girlfriend's category of fury. i tell her to try to see it it from my perspective too but to her, as with you, the mirror seems only to make it even larger.


maybe because you know this guy and I don't. Anyway if everyone does this the rating system makes even less sense, so no need to encourage this behaviour.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby jiminski on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 am

betiko wrote:
jiminski wrote:
betiko wrote:you still don't have a point, your example is unrelated. No one on the site likes getting 1s for no reason because someone needs attention.
There is something called ratings abuse, and what this guy has been doing for years fits completely in this cathegory unless you prove me wrong.


I'm not so sure.. i believe some would be amused, even like getting a 1 rating from a cheeky, rebellious, devil-may-care friend; some would not care at all and some would range from irritation to fury.
I realise you fall into my girlfriend's category of fury. i tell her to try to see it it from my perspective too but to her, as with you, the mirror seems only to make it even larger.


maybe because you know this guy and I don't. Anyway if everyone does this the rating system makes even less sense, so no need to encourage this behaviour.


I haven't spoken to DaGip for a few years now but again, i'm not so sure we should not encourage such behaviours. I think latitude for a sense of fun is more important than the seriousness of whether or not we are rated high in what is, as you intimate, mainly an arbitrary and unhelpful rating system. I think he may even be trying to help you rid yourselves of the shackles of the need for social approval.

Perhaps the accused, far from seeing his actions as an abuse, perceives this to in fact be the best use of the rating system.

In a gaming site, i would venture that it is sometimes important to have a little laugh and enjoy a moments verbal philandering. I imagine that, in this false world of relative anonymity, we could choose to exist in an alternate reality of escape rather than one which mirrors the guilt, fear and conservatism of our genuine struggle outside.

Just imagine, if my girlfriend could enjoy my verve for all things fruity, she could eat even more chocolates and see them as a banker for even greater attractiveness. Guilt-free, fun-packed avoidance of the narrow, ever-moving glare of cultural scrutiny.
Power to the people!
Image
User avatar
Major jiminski
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Location: London
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:36 am

Again, you don't have a point. If a CC friend gives me 1s to poke the bear I could find it funny and start some banter and all.
If a random person in the street looks at your girlfriend and tells he she has a "phat arse" I think there's even less chances that she could take it the right way. I don't have the relationship with dagip you have with your gf. If that person keeps on calling names to all random people in the street you might ask him what is wrong with him.

I didn't see a single comment of someone finding this funny on his wall; he's been annoying many people with his behaviour. I guess he's been doing the same thing in forums for getting permabanned from them. There is just no excuse, it's just a sore player behaviour to give 1s to everyone. Some other players have been permabanned from the site for doing so, why would the rule be any different for this guy?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 pm

betiko wrote:Again, you don't have a point. If a CC friend gives me 1s to poke the bear I could find it funny and start some banter and all.
If a random person in the street looks at your girlfriend and tells he she has a "phat arse" I think there's even less chances that she could take it the right way. I don't have the relationship with dagip you have with your gf. If that person keeps on calling names to all random people in the street you might ask him what is wrong with him.

I didn't see a single comment of someone finding this funny on his wall; he's been annoying many people with his behaviour. I guess he's been doing the same thing in forums for getting permabanned from them. There is just no excuse, it's just a sore player behaviour to give 1s to everyone. Some other players have been permabanned from the site for doing so, why would the rule be any different for this guy?

Betiko, I know what you are saying, and I get your points. I don't think jiminski disagrees with what you are saying, however b/c DaGip cannot post, he is making an effort so that it isn't a one-sided broadside. Quite noble of him actually 8-) . On the other hand you two have been quite civil so I'm just pointing out what I think. =D>
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby mviola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 pm

therev1957 wrote:
mviola wrote:
therev1957 wrote:Wow his ratings left page is the worst that I have ever seen...Also his signature promoting porn is very offensive!

Did you even try clicking the link? Clearly, you didn't...


And of course I didn't click on the link...if I think porn is offensive I am not going to click on it to see if it works!


That's the video btw.

If it was really porn, someone would have figured it out already, and it wouldn't be in his sig.
High Score: 2906
User avatar
Major mviola
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI/NY
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby Serbia on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 pm

He's guested because he's been forum-banned for years. But he can still play games, obviously.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
 
Posts: 10070
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: DaGip rating abuse

Postby king achilles on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 am

Being that this is actually his first time to be reported for ratings abuse, he has been given a ratings warning. Serbia is correct with regards to him being guested.
User avatar
Private 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin
 
Posts: 10442
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)


Return to Closed C&A Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login