Conquer Club

The Crown [closed]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: The Crown

Postby demonfork on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:50 pm

This isn't a new idea.

Others have done this in the past (albeit not to this extent) and were punished for it.

He will get a point reset soon enough.
Captain demonfork

Postby chemefreak on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:21 pm

I guess I'm confused as to how this is illegal. He doesn't seem to be farming or ranching. He also seems to be taking his turns within the time alotted. Obviously he will drop off conqueror in a matter of hours. It is more amusing than anything else I would say.

Also, none of the provided "hostage" games involve freemiums. So it is not like he was taking a game slot away.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Jippd on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm

chemefreak wrote:I guess I'm confused as to how this is illegal. He doesn't seem to be farming or ranching. He also seems to be taking his turns within the time alotted. Obviously he will drop off conqueror in a matter of hours. It is more amusing than anything else I would say.

Also, none of the provided "hostage" games involve freemiums. So it is not like he was taking a game slot away.

Unwritten Rules

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits.

I believe this falls under "gross abuse of the game". Perhaps a sub point stating that abuse of the point scoring system is prohibited should be included in the rules list as well to make it more clear for everyone this sort of behavior is less than desirable for the community as a whole.

________

I'm interested to see the tournament thread that these games are supposed to be a part of? All I see is The Crown setting up 1 v 1 games against stripers in bulk where at times his opponents had no experience on the maps.
Last edited by Jippd on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Jippd

Postby Gilligan on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm

chemefreak wrote:I guess I'm confused as to how this is illegal. He doesn't seem to be farming or ranching. He also seems to be taking his turns within the time alotted. Obviously he will drop off conqueror in a matter of hours. It is more amusing than anything else I would say.

I don't think that holding holding hostage while not taking a game slot makes it any better. I'd hate to take the same turn over and over when I don't have to.
Captain Gilligan

Postby BENCLUB on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:31 pm

My opinion is that this is cheating.

If you look at Game 13630971, Game 13630973 Game 13630576 and basicly all the other 1vs1 thecrown played you see this in the chat:

Game 13630971
2013-11-27 04:04:05 - TheCrown: gg
2013-11-27 16:02:57 - Akamiro: gg

Look at the date, 27-11.

4 days later, thecrown still hassnt won the game, and is doing nothing:
2013-12-01 00:41:49 - TheCrown deployed 33 troops on ?
2013-12-01 00:41:52 - TheCrown ended the turn

Here is another one:
Game 13630973
2013-11-27 18:52:34 - Akamiro: gg
2013-11-27 19:14:19 - TheCrown: gg

2013-12-01 00:39:25 - TheCrown deployed 31 troops on ?
2013-12-01 00:39:27 - TheCrown ended the turn

Here is where it really get fishy, games with the same 2 players that started at the same time but which Akamiro won finished way quicker.
Game 13630962
Game 13630956

Just check thecrown game pages and you will see a lot of this nasty playing.

Thecrown had a winstreak of 333 games by holding people hostage/only played turns on his losing games. If he doessnt get punished for this, players will copy this strategy and that won't be good for CC.

Major BENCLUB

Postby Gilligan on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't care how good you are, there's NO such thing as a 333 game win streak.
Captain Gilligan

Postby hyposquasher on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

It's not so much that he played his turns slow and waited until the 24-hour mark to take his turns; it's that when did take his turn, he simply dropped troops and ended his turn. He did this repeatedly for days/weeks until he was ready to finish them all at the same time.

To me that absolutely constitutes abuse of the system.
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Gilligan wrote:I don't care how good you are, there's NO such thing as a 333 game win streak.

Sure there is. You just have to choose well.

People are getting worked up over nothing. So what if he stacked up wins and took the losses first. So what if he gained a ton of points in 24 hours... The only thing he is guilty of is holding players hostage who obviously did not care about it. No harm here, just gaming the system a bit.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Gilligan on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I don't care how good you are, there's NO such thing as a 333 game win streak.

People are getting worked up over nothing. So what if he stacked up wins and took the losses first. So what if he gained a ton of points in 24 hours... The only thing he is guilty of is holding players hostage who obviously did not care about it. No harm here, just gaming the system a bit.

Are you serious? Even someone who has mastered a map has to get dice screwed at some point in 333 games, or find someone who is equally as good.
Captain Gilligan

Re: The Crown [pending]

Postby jdw35 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Idk where i stand on this
Last edited by jdw35 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major jdw35

Postby Gilligan on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:58 pm

jdw35 wrote:Gilligan, the only reason you are getting worked up over this is because you know that TheCrown is going to pass you in medals lol besides, most of your medals are kinda cheap ones.... "outstanding service for 6 months" blah blah blah ;)

My ego is not that big. If someone passes me in medals, great! More power to them.

I'm getting worked up because this is absolutely gross, and it bugs me.
Captain Gilligan

Postby codeblue1018 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

Agreed
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby D4 Damager on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Definitely cheating in my opinion. This is exactly why holding hostage is not allowed. Just because the other players in TheCrown's games are willing to go along with the delaying tactics does not mean the hostage taking is acceptable. I believe this is also secret diplomacy, since a strategy for gameplay was clearly agreed outside of game chat (eg.. "I will stack, you make sure you don't time out"). It is irrelevant that the agreement took place willingly between the only two players in each game.

You can certainly expect to see this repeated, and eclipsed, in the future if this is allowed to stand.
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

i dont understand how anyone can defend this way of play. This all player become frendly hostages, and they play ,in some cases 11 consecutive rounds with only 1 territory left, and usualy normal person will deadbeat, and not continue to be hostages. They help hem to make 333 game win streak, and without this help, he could not do this .
This its very good planned operation for harvesting large number of points, and this its happened in just one day. What are possibility that in one day from 1000 points jump to 5000 points?
Are anyone before even manage to make this ?
And if this are accepted strategy from mods, then everybody can play in same way, no limits for "friendly hostage" strategy.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby scottp on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:46 pm

LOL, it seems slightly devious, but mostly clever. Just like bad runs of dice, it'll even out in the end. Pretty dang ingenious... and obvious now that someone has done it. I'd expect it to be made explicitly against the rules now, if it's determined to be a form of cheating.
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Ironic that people who invite people to a map to farm them are in this thread crying about abuse. New recruit or not, inviting random people to be farmed is also abuse. Just saying. (People involved know exactly what I am talking about)
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby frankiebee on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:06 pm

BENCLUB wrote:My opinion is that this is cheating.

If you look at Game 13630971, Game 13630973 Game 13630576 and basicly all the other 1vs1 thecrown played you see this in the chat:

Game 13630971
2013-11-27 04:04:05 - TheCrown: gg
2013-11-27 16:02:57 - Akamiro: gg

Look at the date, 27-11.

4 days later, thecrown still hassnt won the game, and is doing nothing:
2013-12-01 00:41:49 - TheCrown deployed 33 troops on ?
2013-12-01 00:41:52 - TheCrown ended the turn

Here is another one:
Game 13630973
2013-11-27 18:52:34 - Akamiro: gg
2013-11-27 19:14:19 - TheCrown: gg

2013-12-01 00:39:25 - TheCrown deployed 31 troops on ?
2013-12-01 00:39:27 - TheCrown ended the turn

Here is where it really get fishy, games with the same 2 players that started at the same time but which Akamiro won finished way quicker.
Game 13630962
Game 13630956

Just check thecrown game pages and you will see a lot of this nasty playing.

Thecrown had a winstreak of 333 games by holding people hostage/only played turns on his losing games. If he doessnt get punished for this, players will copy this strategy and that won't be good for CC.

Good post! Nice opinion ;)
Colonel frankiebee

Postby frankiebee on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 pm

If this is not illegal, and thecrown can keep his points and the monthly win, everybody will start doing this.
Thecrown took this turns, but in many many games he just deployed 30+ troops and did nothing with them while the opponent had only 1 territory left. This is holding players hostage.

Can you imagine if more players on CC start doing this, it would really suck...
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:13 pm

frankiebee wrote:

If this is not illegal, and thecrown can keep his points and the monthly win, everybody will start doing this.

Everybody will start joining 700 games at a time and spending 18 hours per day tending to them? I doubt it.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby ubcman64 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:40 pm

frankiebee wrote:

Thecrown took this turns, but in many many games he just deployed 30+ troops and did nothing with them while the opponent had only 1 territory left. This is holding players hostage.

Can you imagine if more players on CC start doing this, it would really suck...

Why would it suck? I think it would make for some interesting competition to be Conqueror.
I think some of you are just sorry you didn't think of this first. The guy spent 18+ hours a day on here. More power to him. I'd probably try it myself if I didn't have a life.
If someone wants to spend that much time on here then good for him/her. Let them have their fun. I doubt many have that much time to donate.
By the way, has anyone of the people he has played, filed a complaint? Was KraphtOne one of the so-called victims?
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Postby frankiebee on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
frankiebee wrote:

Everybody will start joining 700 games at a time and spending 18 hours per day tending to them? I doubt it.

Wow, are you really that ignorant. No, not everybody will start 700 games and spend 18 hours a day. But people will do this on a smaller scale, and once in a month a maniac with no live starts doing it again.
You can easily do this trick in many ways that takes less time. The point gain won't be +4000, but with only a few hours a day you can manage to get a +1000 pretty easy.

Why would it suck? I think it would make for some interesting competition to be Conqueror.
I think some of you are just sorry you didn't think of this first. The guy spent 18+ hours a day on here. More power to him. I'd probably try it myself if I didn't have a life.

It would suck because:

1. Freemiums would be totally screwed if more members would start doing this in public games. New players would probb really hate the site.
2. Becoming conqueror would only be a thing based on how many time a player has, and nothing about how good he is.
3. If I join a game, I usualy play against somebody who has +2500 points. How fucked up would it be if I lose that game, and the player would be on 400 points because he first cashed in 300 losing games. I would cost me 100 points instead of 25.
4. Rank would be completely irrelevant, seeing a person with 800 points could be a bad player, or somebody who dropped 2000 points to gain 5000 the next day.
5. The monthly scoreboard is now useless and the prizes go to people how have no life.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:58 pm

But He did not do anything in public ... People did not complain about getting held up...

If you are that worried about points and such then damn 1 vs 1's are not for you.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:04 pm

frankiebee wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
frankiebee wrote:

Wow, are you really that ignorant. No, not everybody will start 700 games and spend 18 hours a day. But people will do this on a smaller scale, and once in a month a maniac with no live starts doing it again.
You can easily do this trick in many ways that takes less time. The point gain won't be +4000, but with only a few hours a day you can manage to get a +1000 pretty easy.

Should it be illegal to do this and earn 1000 points? What about 500 points? 200 points? Where would you draw the line?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby frankiebee on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
frankiebee wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
frankiebee wrote:

Should it be illegal to do this and earn 1000 points? What about 500 points? 200 points? Where would you draw the line?

At 4150 points and a 333 game win streak.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Serbia on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:14 pm

This is in part because of the Monthly Scoreboard and awarding prizes to the biggest movers monthly. If this is ok'd, then you can expect to see it happen regularly. Probably not on this scale, but on smaller scales. I don't understand how people don't consider this to be abuse of the scoreboard. Quite clearly, obviously, it is.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports