Conquer Club

Cleared Farming new recruits - JOHNNYROCKET24 [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Farming new recruits - JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Lindax on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:33 pm

chapcrap wrote:I've been told in the past that doing this type of thing for medals was ok. Not with NR's, but with various people who may be low ranked. I was told it was ok to do with private games and invitations to the players as long as it was for medals. If that's really true, I don't see a case here unless we want to change that precedent I was given.

If that were really true, all anybody has to say in the future is:"I did it for medals".

Somehow that doesn't sound quite right.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Lindax wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I've been told in the past that doing this type of thing for medals was ok. Not with NR's, but with various people who may be low ranked. I was told it was ok to do with private games and invitations to the players as long as it was for medals. If that's really true, I don't see a case here unless we want to change that precedent I was given.

If that were really true, all anybody has to say in the future is:"I did it for medals".

Lx

Only thing is 95% or more of the low rankers he joins joined in late December and have a N/A rating. Which constitute some type of him joining while they were still New Recruits.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby demonfork on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

Only thing is 95% or more of the low rankers he joins joined in late December and have a N/A rating. Which constitute some type of him joining while they were still New Recruits.

So what? Why is there this proliferation of people that think that joining games against nr's is against the rules.

lacks exact words regarding the rule...

lackattack wrote:
This does not mean you will get in trouble for joining a game here and there with many new recruits. We are only talking about the systematic targeting of new recruits.

As jr stated earlier, he has over 200 active games and only a very small % of these games have nr's in them.

This case is a joke and needs to go away quickly.
Major demonfork

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:40 pm

demonfork wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

So what? Why is there this proliferation of people that think that joining games against nr's is against the rules.

lackattack wrote:
This does not mean you will get in trouble for joining a game here and there with many new recruits. We are only talking about the systematic targeting of new recruits.

As jr stated earlier, he has over 200 active games and only a very small % of these games have nr's in them.

Actually, the scale of games that include NR's to games that don't is a 5:2 scale.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby demonfork on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:07 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
demonfork wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

lackattack wrote:

Actually, the scale of games that include NR's to games that don't is a 5:2 scale.

So 20% of his games have nr's in them, which like I said is a small %.

Again, there is no rule against this, nowhere does it say that jr can't play against nr's
Major demonfork

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:12 am

demonfork wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
demonfork wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

lackattack wrote:

So 20% of his games have nr's in them, which like I said is a small %.

Again, there is no rule against this, nowhere does it say that jr can't play against nr's

No, that's opposite to what you're saying. 20 games with NR's, 8 without, just on the first page alone. 2nd page contained only 4 games that had no New players in them.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby jghost7 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 pm

No, the problem is the whole selective and paranoid persecution of players who do something different than the angry mobs interpretation of what they think should be the rules. It even goes to the point where admin is apparently forced to stretch rules and even create new ones even in the midst of a determination of any players guilt. Each new report adds more room and gives license for more selective and paranoid discussions such as this. Don't worry, at this rate, Officers will no longer be able to play any enlisted ranks without cries of some kind of farming. LOL. This particular section of CC has long been a joke, and as you can see, it still is.
Major jghost7

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Systematically Farming "New Recruits"
If you are found guilty of New Recruit Farming---that is, systematically joining games with New Recruits. Systematically Farming "New Recruits" may also systematically creating unappealing games that more savvy users avoid because of unpopular or niche game settings, thus luring New Recruits into stumbling into said games. Either of these practices are done in order to "farm" newbies for points, and if you find yourself doing one or both of these practices, you will find yourself escalating on the New Recruit Farming Vacation scale.

Systematically Farming New Recruits Infraction levels are as follows:
Warning
1 Month Vacation / Block from joining games with New Recruits and from Creating games which New Recruits can join.
3 Month Vacation / Block from joining games with New Recruits and from Creating games which New Recruits can join.
Permanent Vacation / Block from joining games with New Recruits and from Creating games which New Recruits can join.

I am not gaining rank or points with the few games I join. Nothing is being farmed.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:31 pm

I can't believe this is even being discussed. Conquer Club can be a real joke sometimes. Genuinely sad.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Why don't we just leave it alone till there's a verdict, aye?
Captain Gilligan

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:41 am

Game 13776694

OMG OMG OMG... me and Wes24601 must be farming! :roll:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby 40kguy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:06 am

JoshyBoy wrote:Game 13776694

OMG OMG OMG... me and Wes24601 must be farming! :roll:

off with your head!

hasnt JR farmed in the past or am i thinking of someone else?
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:37 am

This is sad, but since the precedent is bollocks it doesn't really matter.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm locking this thread.

Sarcastic comments are not appreciated, especially when they add nothing to the case.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby king achilles on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 pm

This is cleared for me. Although JOHNNYROCKET24 is, shall we say, one of those players who seem to can't stay away from new recruits for a few victories here and there, I think he knows well enough just when not to overdo this.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports