Conquer Club

Closed UKEY [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

UKEY [ka]

Postby Craig25 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Accused: UKEY

The accused are suspected of:

Severe PM Abuse
Other: A mail appeared in my inbox containing racist abuse. I was flabergasted and responded however, there is no place for racism in this world and I hope CC is committed to making a stand. Copy and paste of e-mail below;

speed game

Sent: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:44 pm
To: Craig25
A truly idiotic move mate. f*ck your suicide. Stupid Scottish twat.

Comments: Treating someone badly because of nationality alone is usually also regarded as racism.
Colonel Craig25

Re: UKEY

Postby Lindax on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:47 pm

I have been "noted" for something similar, however, one can not call it racism. Besides that, any idea how often I get called derogatory names because my flag on my profile is the Mexican flag? And I'm not even Mexican.

Typical case of FAMO and remain a proud Scotsman. Or a proud United Kingdom citizen. Let's face it, Scotland is not a nation, so they're not even attacking your nationality.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Craig25 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Racism also includes attacking someones nationhood.

The UK is a commonwealth realm consisting of 4 countries. Scotland, England, Wales and NI, so on that score you are completely wrong.

Truth is, the guy is a complete asshole and I dont really mind, however, I do think there needs to be a line against racists made my Conquer Club. I do not find it acceptable that I have been subjected to racist abuse while playing a game. Granted its the assholes fault, not yours but I do feel that action is required so that the racist asshole knows his actions will not be tolerated. He probably does not actually know any better.
Colonel Craig25

Postby IcePack on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

In the PM there is a triangle with a "!" Click on that and report the PM that way.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Craig25 wrote:Racism also includes attacking someones nationhood.

The UK is a commonwealth realm consisting of 4 countries. Scotland, England, Wales and NI, so on that score you are completely wrong.

Truth is, the guy is a complete asshole and I dont really mind, however, I do think there needs to be a line against racists made my Conquer Club. I do not find it acceptable that I have been subjected to racist abuse while playing a game. Granted its the assholes fault, not yours but I do feel that action is required so that the racist asshole knows his actions will not be tolerated. He probably does not actually know any better.

On your on wall you're asking for full independence, which simply proves that Scotland is not an (independent) nation per definition.

And it's still not racism:

rac•ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/
1.a belief or doctrine that one's own race is superior.
2.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Lx

PS: Just checked the member countries of the UN. Scotland ain't on it. The UK is. I know you like to see yourself as a nation/country, but you only are when it comes to rugby, golf or football....
Last edited by Lindax on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby king achilles on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm

For reference, IcePack's post is how you report a private message.

Based on the private message he sent you, it looks like this is directed particularly to you and not attacking your nation. It is a flame, a trash talk. It is not a specific known label to discriminate any definite race when one uses this slang or offensive word to any nationality. This looks more like a flame. Feel free to put him on your foe list and move on (FAMO).
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby betiko on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:24 am

Lindax wrote:
Craig25 wrote:Racism also includes attacking someones nationhood.

On your on wall you're asking for full independence, which simply proves that Scotland is not an (independent) nation per definition.

And it's still not racism:

rac•ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/
1.a belief or doctrine that one's own race is superior.
2.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Lx

PS: Just checked the member countries of the UN. Scotland ain't on it. The UK is. I know you like to see yourself as a nation/country, but you only are when it comes to rugby, golf or football....

side note: from what I know, Scottland is a nation but is not a country; the UK consists of 4 nations, not 4 countries.
Major betiko

Return to Closed C&A Reports