Conquer Club

Cleared fishydance [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

fishydance [ka]

Postby antcowan on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Can't be totally sure but what are all those new players worldwide who join play heads up classic
,deadbeat,get kicked and never play again?
Replace or delete any xxxxxxx with the appropriate information.

Accused:fishydance

xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

The accused are suspected of:

Being multis

Game number(s):

[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]

Comments:
Can't be totally sure but what are all those new players worldwide who join play heads up classic
,deadbeat,get kicked and never play again?
Lieutenant antcowan

Re: fishydance

Postby ronsizzle on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:34 pm

i couldnt understand a thing you just said.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby owenshooter on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:44 pm

ronc8649 wrote:i couldnt understand a thing you just said.

there you go...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:45 pm

I'm pretty pretty sure fishydance doesn't cheat.

Also wtf are you even saying.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby owenshooter on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:I'm pretty pretty sure fishydance doesn't cheat.

in all seriousness, i think this is the same as the accusation against King Achilles, recently... fishy is a Super Guide and plays guide games against new players for no point loss... the person accusing fishy of cheating, obviously is not aware of guide games or the Super Guide program. if he were, he could have gone to fishy's profile, pulled down all his clans/clubs, etc and seen that he is a member of the Super Guides... there are no points lost or gained in guide games, so fishy does not receive some sort of unfair point gain on newbs... anyway, baseless accusation that was poorly executed and even worsely (yes, i know this is not a word) worded... the black jesus has closed this case...-Jésus noir

once more for a giggle...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby fishydance on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:12 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:I'm pretty pretty sure fishydance doesn't cheat.

in all seriousness, i think this is the same as the accusation against King Achilles, recently... fishy is a Super Guide and plays guide games against new players for no point loss... the person accusing fishy of cheating, obviously is not aware of guide games or the Super Guide program. if he were, he could have gone to fishy's profile, pulled down all his clans/clubs, etc and seen that he is a member of the Super Guides... there are no points lost or gained in guide games, so fishy does not receive some sort of unfair point gain on newbs... anyway, baseless accusation that was poorly executed and even worsely (yes, i know this is not a word) worded... the black jesus has closed this case...-Jésus noir

once more for a giggle...

Thanks Owen and everyone else for coming to my defense. I am indeed a SuperGuide, which means I am auto-joined in games whenever I am online and a new player starts a game. Don't even choose the games I am put in, so it's rather hard for me to do anything dastardly. I may smell fishy, but I don't play fishy :)
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby fishydance on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:57 pm

For the person who initially posted this report, this is what a SuperGuide gets when they are logged in and a new player wants a live game. We are not given a choice of who we play against, we are auto-joined in the game. The idea is to help show newbies the ropes, in the hopes they will be more likely to stay on. I've actually lost a few of these games, in the course of teaching a newbie. Either way, I do not get points for this.

SuperGuide Request Accepted

Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:53 pm
To: fishydance
You have automatically responded to a request for a Guide Game. The game has started: Game 15180071
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:22 pm

I suggest that the next person who shows up to accuse a superguide of noob farming gets a 1 month superguide punishment himself.
Major betiko

Postby Mageplunka69 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:23 am

what a asshole accusing fishy....ban them
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:21 am

I suspect the accusation was an honest mistake. Wrong perhaps, but most likely well intended.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:50 am

Dukasaur wrote:I suspect the accusation was an honest mistake. Wrong perhaps, but most likely well intended.

it was suggested before to indicate that the games are GUIDE games, to avoid this. how hard would that coding be?-Jésus noir

p.s.-the only standard games i play are guide games, so it looks like i farm...
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby fishydance on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I suspect the accusation was an honest mistake. Wrong perhaps, but most likely well intended.

I agree that it probably was, but it's still rather discouraging. I think it is time to retire from the SuperGuide ranks.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: fishydance [ka]

Postby king achilles on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:39 pm

You don't know how frustrating for the players to give an effort in volunteering to be a Guide for these kind of games where many NR deadbeats. If any of you have any good ideas on how to entice new players to fully play the game, we are all ears.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby fishydance on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:47 pm

king achilles wrote:You don't know how frustrating for the players to give an effort in volunteering to be a Guide for these kind of games where many NR deadbeats. If any of you have any good ideas on how to entice new players to fully play the game, we are all ears.

It's a tough one. I feel as if most of the time playing noobs has no effect. Then a player like AlbaGuBrath17 comes along (see Game 15048532), and it all seems worthwhile. He asked for advice, I gave it, he took it and went to town. Has played 250+ games since then, and is an active premium member. Maybe it would have gone that route anyway, but I like to think having some early advice (and success as a result) made a difference.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby macbone on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:36 pm

That's a solid success story, Fishy. I'd be interested in seeing the numbers on how many players who sign up for a guide game stick around as opposed to players who don't play a guide game. I don't even know if those numbers can be tracked since the games aren't labeled.
Colonel macbone

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:16 am

owenshooter wrote:

it was suggested before to indicate that the games are GUIDE games, to avoid this. how hard would that coding be?-Jésus noir

p.s.-the only standard games i play are guide games, so it looks like i farm...

I don't think the rank snobs will accuse you of farming, until you gain a hat or better.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby riskllama on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:38 am

i see my one and only completed guide game opponent has bought himself premium...
Lieutenant riskllama

Return to Closed C&A Reports