Conquer Club

Closed Pending beardbuster

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

beardbuster

Postby Lavoye on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Accused:

beardbuster

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Accused of farming ratings by starting lots of games with an unwinnable setting.

Game number(s):

Game 15382724
Game 15382722
Game 15382721
Game 15382720

Comments:
A linear map with only 1 troop per turn and special rules. No reinforcements to help get out of a bad situation. Trench Warfare with a 20 round limit. It's just totally impossible to win the game in 20 rounds on this map.

The game i'm in, I found myself having a bad roll on a yellow zone (-1 troop per turn) and lost all my extra troops... Since I get only +1 per turn and no way to get reinforcements, there's not way to get out of that. No spoils either, so can't attack the bridge in hope to get spoils. and with 20 rounds and trench, you can't possibly win the normal way.

I only listed a few...
Sergeant Lavoye

Re: beardbuster

Postby JBlombier on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

I quickly searched for beardbuster on the Promontory Summit map, eventhough I already knew what the result would be. And yes, I was right. He won some, he lost some. He chooses to play settings that are indeed kind of a lottery. But that doesn't make him a cheater.

You have discovered a map/setting combination that you don't wish to play. So from now on, you won't join a such game anymore.
That's today's lesson. No cheaters here, though!

- JBlombier
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:25 pm

2015-02-24 19:32:03 - Lavoye: Nice concept map... Not much strat though! It's pretty much a dice battle! Whoever gets the ressources first wins!

So...you didn't get the roll you wanted and decided it is suddenly a bad thing???

Congrats on filing one of the most frivolous C&A ever seen =D> =D>
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby Gabriel13 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:45 pm

How exactly is this cheating? You chose to join the game.. I doubt he even invited you, which wouldn't be cheating either. It would just be pitiful of him to do so. There was nothing forcing you to join that game.
Cook Gabriel13

Postby Lavoye on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:54 pm

The lesson here is that being the one that makes the decisions does not make you right... I didn't call for cheating, I called for abuse, and it is.
Sergeant Lavoye

Postby Serbia on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Lavoye wrote:The lesson here is that being the one that makes the decisions does not make you right... I didn't call for cheating, I called for abuse, and it is.

Nope. The lesson here is that having the first opinion does not make it correct. This is not abuse. There are no current rules on how many games of a particular setting a player is allowed to create. You need to learn to be more careful when selecting games to join.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:09 pm

However, intentionally deadbeating out of a game IS considered abuse on this site. I see that you've intentionally missed a turn, and have gone so far as to state your intentions:

2015-02-25 17:59:44 - Lavoye: ok, now I can't get out of that anymore because on one bad roll... the no spoil thing just ruins it. I'll just afk away from that one.

If anyone is going to get a warning, it'll be you.

One more thought... you state in your complaint that this game has an "unwinnable setting". This is of course logically false. Someone will win this game. It may not end with someone being eliminated in 20 rounds, but that is the point of the win condition. It forces players to change their strategy. Because you haven't figured this out on your own, and have instead resorted to whining and quitting, i.e. "throwing a fit because it's just so unfair", I deem you to be both immature and not very bright. But this is just my opinion.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby owenshooter on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Lavoye wrote:Other: Accused of farming ratings by starting lots of games with an unwinnable setting.

huh? he plays a shit map with shit settings to get RATINGS?! how do you even FARM RATINGS?! you can't force people to leave them, how can you farm them? this accusation makes zero sense... that is as far as i'm going with a comment, because this was overlooked by all others posting in this thread. take your ball and go home, you chose to join the game, now you don't like it and are telling the teachers... suck it up, cupcake...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Major.Bossman on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:58 pm

Just because someone found a map and a winning strategy for it does not make it abuse. There are players on this site who specialize with one map and beat many players because their opponents do not have experience with the map or its settings. Two how does one farm ratings when leaving a rating is the option of the opponent? You lost sorry luck was not on your side, but that is just the way it is.
Major Major.Bossman

Postby Serbia on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:03 am

Major.Bossman wrote:You lost sorry luck was not on your side, but that is just the way it is.

He hasn't lost anything yet; he's intentionally dead beating. It's currently in the 6th round. Look at the chat and game logs. Game 15382721

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby nooruddinaftab on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:32 am

that's it.. it is just a game. If any one cannot cope with a losing game he/she should take their bipolar medication.
Major nooruddinaftab

Postby sniffie on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:27 am

CC does not dominate how a player sets up his/her games.
If you do not like the settings, do not join them again.
I'm closing this.

Sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby sniffie on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:27 am

Closed
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Return to Closed C&A Reports