Conquer Club

Closed Great-Ollie [DCR]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Great-Ollie [DCR/TG]

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:20 am

Great-Ollie wrote:I should be breaking some kind of record soon for C&A reports. :lol:

Not even close.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Great-Ollie [DCR]

Postby AlamoJake on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:11 am

Eddie - you're right. I never should have made the Canada comment - I apologize. A great Country and I retract my statement.

However, your game comparison is ridiculous if not insane. Game 15710915 and Game 15691827 aren't fog so WTF. Game 15653661 is an ongoing group in which truces are typical and expected. We've played a dozen games together and truces don't give full positions away. Ollie passed the other player, stayed adjacent and telegraphed my position and strength. I get it's not against the rules so I said I'm dropping the issue. My point is some people win and get high ranks because of skill and honor. Other because they're assholes. Speaking of which why are you so passionate about Ollies game play - you don't have a dog in this fight so back off smalls. You guys pok'in each other up there - I know it gets real cold at night.
Corporal AlamoJake

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:08 am

Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby eddie2 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:02 am

Lol mate your not seeing the point. But hopefully have learnt from it. You made a attack and failed. Ollie run and asked for a block. You then seen he got what he wanted and wiped him out apart from where the block was. This is something used by many in all settings to try stay alive and get the cash, but also some don't like it. It is the same with what you done some don't like it. Both are valid Tactics(I believe the academy teach both of these to nr's.) so to still call him a cheat when using a tactic when you use tactics to try win is a bit unfair.

Ps me and ollie go back a long way and yes the tactics he used pissed me off, why because he is brill at using them at the right time and place. Instead of complaining I asked him why when he first done it and learned from it.
Captain eddie2

Postby Coler on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:51 am

AlamoJake wrote:Ollie - shouldn't that be telling you something. Believe me without going into detail I understand war - the real thing. I clearly support aggressive, no limit, I will kill you so you don't kill me - I get it. Several reply's to my report said "not in the rules - not cheating". So fine - I withdraw my protest. You'll never get it. You know what you did. You cheated the spirit of honorable play. But maybe I'm completely wrong. I've never achieved your rank so who am I to say. BTW - that's not a compliment - your breaking a record in this forum because you're a cheat.

You ok hun ?
Sergeant 1st Class Coler

Postby archieball on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Why is this still pending. This specific game in no way breaks any CC rules. Clear him and wait for the next G-O report...
Major archieball

Postby torres44cm on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:25 am

Many players have used tactics that swayed a game, to their advantage. The ability to manipulate the game is an Art, and GO played within the rules. like others have commented, move on
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby eddie2 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 am

AlamoJake wrote:Eddie - you're right. I never should have made the Canada comment - I apologize. A great Country and I retract my statement.

However, your game comparison is ridiculous if not insane. Game 15710915 and Game 15691827 aren't fog so WTF. Game 15653661 is an ongoing group in which truces are typical and expected. We've played a dozen games together and truces don't give full positions away. Ollie passed the other player, stayed adjacent and telegraphed my position and strength. I get it's not against the rules so I said I'm dropping the issue. My point is some people win and get high ranks because of skill and honor. Other because they're assholes. Speaking of which why are you so passionate about Ollies game play - you don't have a dog in this fight so back off smalls. You guys pok'in each other up there - I know it gets real cold at night.

I think the thread is still open because of comments in this post.
1) calling all assholes then aiming it at me.
2) this ones going to get them in real trouble.
"You guys pok. In each other up there i know it gets real cold at night"
This comment i feel is about our sexuality and a gay comment towards us who have posted. So its proberly been reported via the triangle several times.

Or it could just be they had enough of these silly reports and keeping it open to give ollie a break.

Or the 3rd reason that is proberly the real one. They want me to bite to the comments, so. They can ban my arse. :twisted:
Captain eddie2

Re: Great-Ollie

Postby GoranZ on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Part of the Community Guidelines since at least 2010, and probably earlier.

Subject: Community Guidelines

Fog of War Games:
  • Using the game chat to announce where a player's territories and troops may (or may not ;) ) be is NOT against the rules. It may come across as unfair or not in the spirit of the game, but feel free to find strategic applications of this non-rule.

2015 strategic application of 2010 community guidelines you mentioned: 2/3 of the players GONE.
Do you wanna use the same strategy for the next 2-3 years? I doubt the game will last for another 5.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Re: Great-Ollie

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:13 am

GoranZ wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Part of the Community Guidelines since at least 2010, and probably earlier.

Subject: Community Guidelines

Fog of War Games:
  • Using the game chat to announce where a player's territories and troops may (or may not ;) ) be is NOT against the rules. It may come across as unfair or not in the spirit of the game, but feel free to find strategic applications of this non-rule.

2015 strategic application of 2010 community guidelines you mentioned: 2/3 of the players GONE.
Do you wanna use the same strategy for the next 2-3 years? I doubt the game will last for another 5.

Do you really think adding one new rule would change the trend?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby eddie2 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 am

Lol all you go to dont panic forum. Ollie has been bust with a major infraction.
Captain eddie2

Postby demonfork on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Why is this pending?
Captain demonfork

Postby TeeGee on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Cleared and closed

While it may be annoying to have your troop numbers and position disclosed in a fog game, the current guidelines clearly point out this is NOT against any rule.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby owenshooter on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:58 am

eddie2 wrote:Ok wasn't going to post this.

Game 15710915
Trench and truce then trying to take another player out and complaining about him hitting back instead of game leader

Game 15691827
Fog truce

Game 15653661
Fog trench

Really is honourable play having a truce in a fog trench game.

3 examples where not against the rules but many people don't like it. What if these people came here and reported you. Were told not against the rules. And they still called you a cheat. You came here with this report because of what was said about the amount of reports ollie had.(mentioned in game chat) and thought you would try your luck.

Also liberal stance in game chat. Well sorry you sir insulted a full country what was that comment about Canadians all about. Or was it aimed at a specific group of people.

Like I said really didn't want to post this.

*snicker*... this is a great post... so, by the OP's own standards, he himself is a flaming cheat.. ha... i truly love hypocrites...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports