Conquer Club

Noted iAmCaffeine

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:52 pm

jonofperu wrote:I was sorely tempted to come back on my turn and eliminate him anyway claiming that the truce had been extracted under duress by threatening illegal action and was therefore null and void. I didn't... because my word and my reputation are worth more to me than a single game in a long tournament.

this... this right here? this right here, is why you should move out of your mom's house... i can't even imagine feeling pressured into a truce on CC, "UNDER DURESS BY THREATENING ILLEGAL ACTION." WHAT?!!! were the police going to be called to extract some sort of CC justice if you just killed the guy?!! your WORD and REPUTATION?! wow... the black jesus needs to go and lay down after reading this insane post... i just can not even comprehend the type of person that wrote this... baffled... yes, the black jesus is baffled...-Jésus noir

p.s.-you should open a C&A against that user and his threats of illegal actions and acquiring truces under duress... *cough*
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby shoop76 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Actually I have to disagree Owen. This tournament, in my opinion, is getting out of hand with vindictive and sketchy play and Jon is one of the few stand up guys left.

The same player threatened to suicide on me when I took a territory from him. I backed off so nothing else happened. So that brings the question, when is it deemed an offense. I remember not so long ago that the threatening of suiciding and in most cases of carrying out the threat, though frowned upon did not warrant any action unless it happened in mass. These recent rulings have changed all that. So where does the limit lie. I don't believe 1 case should result in punishment. There are many players who hold grudges against each other and might tend to target this particular person. Is it ok to suicide into a player for revenge? I hear people say that each game is different and that you can't carry that over into another game. I tend to disagree with this as well. If someone does me wrong in one game why can't I retaliate in another.

This brings me to another slightly different topic. Same tournament, there is a player who likes to play out the games in chat when he is losing. He makes strategies for everyone so he and others can get back in the game. For me this is wrong, though not a violation of rules. Should I suicide into him in another game, is that wrong. For me the answer again is no.

Then there is the question of when does the suicide occur in round limit games. It seems like when it happens in the last round it is wrong. If it happens before usually no one cares or even notices. What is the difference. There is a player that has been targeting me in various games in this same tournament. Attacked me from the lead in at least 3 games with little or no benefit to himself. This has happened early in games. Is this ok?

I think the mods need to add some clarity to the rules so we don't get surprised by their verdicts. The caffeine and confederate case have gone against all previous cases. It was generally accepted that mods did not act on tournament games and that you must have multiple examples of abuse. This has all been thrown out of the window.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:32 pm

shoop76 wrote:I think the mods need to add some clarity to the rules so we don't get surprised by their verdicts. The caffeine and confederate case have gone against all previous cases. It was generally accepted that mods did not act on tournament games and that you must have multiple examples of abuse. This has all been thrown out of the window.

i said it was going to set a new dangerous precedent, and it did... we saw it right away with the confederates case and how the verdict was changed after the initial decision. HOWEVER, the powers that be did not think it was going to be that much of a change. *cough*

TeeGee wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
p.s.-eagerly awaiting the NEW precedent this wholly original complaint sets!!

After discussion we have decided this is actually original and different from the other tournament advancement precedents.

Iamcaffeine has suicided on the hope that he (or she) may advance, not to guarantee he would advance.

Given that this is different to the other previous cases and that we have no guarantee that the action of caff would see him advance, This case is
NOTED

this ruling changed so many things... i agree, they need to clarify it or just say, "hey, oops.. we didn't want to open that can of worms... we take it back... nothing to see, move along... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby KraphtOne on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Have consistently said "it's ok to do this" or at least KA has at least consistently said "Ollie's dick tastes so good that It's ok for him to do whatever he wants"...

Now this idiot does it and it's "well i mean, it's not ok THIS time"

This place man... I sure do miss it... Just ran it into the fucking dirt...

It's the problem with online gaming, the biggest losers in life that don't have a clue are the ones that are put in charge... because it's the only place where they will ever have any power...

Instead of "discussing it" with one another over a canadian circle jerk, you should go find something that you yourselves can do to contribute to actual society. Perhaps participate in clinical drug trials.
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:52 am

[quote="KraphtOne"]Have consistently said "it's ok to do this" or at least KA has at least consistently said "Ollie's dick tastes so good that It's ok for him to do whatever he wants"...

Now this idiot does it and it's "well i mean, it's not ok THIS time"

This place man... I sure do miss it... Just ran it into the fucking dirt...

It's the problem with online gaming, the biggest losers in life that don't have a clue are the ones that are put in charge... because it's the only place where they will ever have any power...

Instead of "discussing it" with one another over a canadian circle jerk, you should go find something that you yourselves can do to contribute to actual society. Perhaps participate in clinical drug trials.[/quotis,

- KO do you know KA personally? Did you grow up with him or go to school with him? You really don't know anything about KA outside of CC but you protest he's a power hungry loser? There are people here who might not be a fan of his, but those who aren't are back seat drivers to the job at hand. You take on KA's responsibility here and see how you fair, Your arrogant and KA is not, I would rather know a guy like KA is in charge than a tyrant who would trully abuse power.While you say he is a loser, You then would be considered a bully, a bully who likes to complain about how unfair it all is. Rather than try explain your mind in a more intelligent way, you opt to use vulgarity and make assumptions that KA is a power hungry loser. If KA was a power hungry loser he would be all over your shit for talking like that, but KA is level headed and doesn't let people like you bring him down, he knows his job here, and you could never take on his job. This case has been closed, and wish it had been locked up.

\MGM/♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby TeeGee on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:04 am

Please take this to the discussion forum
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports