Conquer Club

Warned Ratings abuse: WOLFZ71 [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Ratings abuse: WOLFZ71 [ka]

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Accused:

WOLFZ71

The accused is suspected of

Severe Ratings Abuse

I have nothing against this player. Since 2009 we have played each other dozens of times. But he is using the ratings system to lash out. Yeah. Some of you do that. I'd rather you rant against me in the Ass Hat thread. But hey. You can't do that either.

Looks like 29 games into our renewed battling he had enough: Game 16532951 Again. His right to hate me. However...

Comments: It's pretty cut and dried. This player leaves some very irrational ratings as a vendetta when he looses. I think it's pretty funny that two (2) years ago I left him poor marks for his behaviour and after a few games upon my return a couple of months ago he asked me to change my poor rating to a better one: Game 16317743.

Foolish me.

My recommendation is: more meds (up to him), ratings ban (up to admin).

E.
Major elfish_lad

Re: Ratings abuse: WOLFZ71

Postby riskllama on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:03 pm

dunno, lad. seems to be an even smattering of "goods" and "bads" in there. also, asshat opponent thread is alive and well, last time i checked... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:25 pm

riskllama wrote:dunno, lad. seems to be an even smattering of "goods" and "bads" in there. also, asshat opponent thread is alive and well, last time i checked... ;)

Hehe. Cheers. I lost track of that thread.

Pretty clear to me that when the boy snaps he snaps. It's been a standard before that if you rate all highs and then all lows you are not using the system properly.

<shrug>

But? I actually don't give a shit.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 01, 2016 2:29 pm

He's an idiot regardless.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby swang918 on Mon May 02, 2016 10:14 pm

This guy is a real problem. He keeps joining my games and then giving me 1 star across the board ratings. Usually when someone does that there's some altercation in chat, but he just gave those ratings without ever saying anything. I finally asked him what's up and his response--he doesn't like DBs.

He kept giving me the "backstabber" tag--after 1v1s.
Major swang918

Postby riskllama on Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 pm

the plot thickens...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Mon May 02, 2016 11:51 pm

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 03, 2016 7:48 am

swang918 wrote:This guy is a real problem. He keeps joining my games and then giving me 1 star across the board ratings.

um, he can only rate you once. if he keeps adding tags to it, whatever... but he can only rate you once... you do not have multiple ratings from players for each game you play them in... just wanted to clear up that fallacy before anyone ran wild with it... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby m1ndgames on Tue May 03, 2016 9:00 am

Is there such a thing as 'Ratings Abuse' - ie. can it be reported and dealt with? ....or is it just something that can be moaned about here?
Sergeant 1st Class m1ndgames

Postby elfish_lad on Tue May 03, 2016 1:15 pm

m1ndgames wrote:Is there such a thing as 'Ratings Abuse' - ie. can it be reported and dealt with? ....or is it just something that can be moaned about here?

And that? Is the question now isn't it?

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Donelladan on Tue May 03, 2016 3:15 pm

m1ndgames wrote:Is there such a thing as 'Ratings Abuse' - ie. can it be reported and dealt with? ....or is it just something that can be moaned about here?

Yes there is such a thing, it can be reported and dealt with. Happened before, many times.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Donelladan wrote:

Yes there is such a thing, it can be reported and dealt with. Happened before, many times.

pay attention... that was hours ago... he already went and posted in the proper thread, adding information and evidence... come on, team CC, keep up with us...-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby king achilles on Tue May 03, 2016 10:11 pm

Before (if) a warning is to be issued, upon checking so far, most of those 1 star rating he gave to those players actually did deadbeat or has merit. I agree that what he gave to you is questionable, but are there any more similar ratings?
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby elfish_lad on Tue May 03, 2016 11:03 pm

king achilles wrote:Before (if) a warning is to be issued, upon checking so far, most of those 1 star rating he gave to those players actually did deadbeat or has merit. I agree that what he gave to you is questionable, but are there any more similar ratings?

Valid question. I believe there are others. But I'll have to check tomorrow.
Major elfish_lad

Postby elfish_lad on Tue May 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Suspect ratings left for:

shoop76
swang918
igotaished
Sotan
morleyjoe

All one stars from wolf with tags like cheater, irrational, etc.

It looks very chronic to me.
Major elfish_lad

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 04, 2016 3:32 am

elfish_lad wrote:Suspect ratings left for:

shoop76
swang918
igotaished
Sotan
morleyjoe

All one stars from wolf with tags like cheater, irrational, etc.

It looks very chronic to me.

Add me to that list.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed May 04, 2016 12:47 pm

-------He has been a poor sport for years...I foed him and so did NAClean99 for his poor sportsmanship... NA and I were having a bad day. Lashing out at each other in game chat. But we settled our beef(Have played many great games over the`years since). But soon found out our only foe back then was Wolfy... :D
-------I tried to check but all my games are gone to some new system. Which I will now take up in the GD...
-------But you can add ConfederateSS and NAClean99(I don't know if he plays anymore) to the list. Thanks to a new system change High Command. :roll: ....ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Ratings abuse: WOLFZ71 [ka]

Postby king achilles on Wed May 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Thank you. He has been warned.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby elfish_lad on Thu May 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Cheers bud.
Major elfish_lad

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Frankly, I think ratings abuse C&A filings like this are BS. I have been in the same clan with wolf for a long time, and yes he sometimes gets upset.

But a persons ability to rank someone however they choose, for whatever reasons they deem as valid seems like a reasonable thing to allow. It is after all his opinion that is being asked for... But then again I'm not as familiar with the rules on this as the mod who is making the complaint... I don't see anything on the rules page about restrictions on how you rate people, nor do i see anything on the forum link found on the rules page. perhaps someone can post a link to where the rules say you can't give someone a 1star rating if they screw you out of a win? Or of any guidelines to how anyone's opinion is subject to being seen as abusive? How does him posting his opinion hurt anyone? It just 1 person giving a rating, and elf probably has 100's or 1000's of other rating to offset this, isn't that how the system is designed to work?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Never mind, I found it:

Ratings Abuse
If you are found guilty of Ratings Abuse---that is, rating your opponents unjustifiably, haphazardly, or systematically in a destructive or inappropriate manner (such as repeatedly giving out inaccurate ratings without evidence to justify your ratings), you will find yourself escalating on Ratings Vacation scale.

Ratings Abuse Infraction levels are as follows:
Warning
1 Month Ratings Vacation / Block
Permanent Ratings Vacation / Block

however this still seems ridiculous to me. here is a place to express your opinions on other players... oh wait, but only if you can justify and prove your opinion is correct. If you can't prove it, we will warn/ban you for having that opinion. I mean come-on guys...
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:32 pm

You're exaggerating the matter. The most common kind of ratings abuse is always rating players that beat you badly. This is what WOLFZ does. He's a spiteful person, evidenced by his vindictive ratings and suiciding against me because he disagreed with one of my moves. Before your clan, mookie, he was in mine, though only briefly I might add.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Yeah he rated me bad once in a 1v1, then suicided me in a tournament some time ago.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby jltile1 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Group Hug. The Black Jesus gives back rubs also, he can calm the situation. Im going to look at my Ratings now and follow up with a couple reports...
Major jltile1

Postby TeeGee on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:19 am

If you want to discuss ratings abuse, then start a topic in Conquer Club Discussions section of the forums.

If you have more relevant information to add to this case, PM King Achilles or myself

Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Return to Closed C&A Reports