Conquer Club

Noted fairman sitting for djelebert while both in same game[es]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: fairman sitting for djelebert while both in same game[es

Postby clangfield on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:------Topic on 30 day sitting rule...Is now in The CCD or GD ...IN THE THREAD...THE Biggest Bullshit Rule on C.C.!!! :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D ...Yes,The High Command ...can change names of things...CCD/GD...Layouts...Central Command...Move things all over...Chase people away...But the rules have years of dust on them... :roll: ...LESS PLAYERS...LESS RULES...Under 7,000 active game players... :( ...Less rules... ;)

It's FEWER, not less... :roll:

Getting back on topic (which is where it should always remain)... even if there isn't a conscious intention to cheat, you can't "unsee" what you saw when playing for the other player, and it's very difficult to make exactly the moves that you would have made had you not seen it. Despite your best efforts, if you've seen a huge opponent stack next to a territory of the other account, your memory would store that and I think it would be difficult to claim that you had no idea it was there.
The point is - if it's a rule, and it's been broken either unwittingly or due to external circumstances, then a warning is appropriate and future transgressions should attract punishment. By signing up for the site, you agree to abide by the rules.
Debate changes to them elsewhere, but abide by them while they're in force.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:36 pm

clangfield wrote:even if there isn't a conscious intention to cheat, you can't "unsee" what you saw when playing for the other player, and it's very difficult to make exactly the moves that you would have made had you not seen it. Despite your best efforts, if you've seen a huge opponent stack next to a territory of the other account, your memory would store that and I think it would be difficult to claim that you had no idea it was there.
The point is - if it's a rule, and it's been broken either unwittingly or due to external circumstances, then a warning is appropriate and future transgressions should attract punishment. By signing up for the site, you agree to abide by the rules.
Debate changes to them elsewhere, but abide by them while they're in force.

absolutely...

djelebert wrote:*extremely long and convoluted defense*

like the mod said, by seeing the map you gain an unfair advantage... you have been noted... moving forward, you now know that sitting in the same game is wrong... have a wonderful, blessed day... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 am

Where does it say in the rules that sitting for more than thirty days is forbidden? Someone show me. I'd say you cover that person for as long as necessary until the person/people in charge of covering the account deem it no longer worthwhile. You're simply not allowed to join new games unless it's for an already ongoing tournament, and in the case of long absences said player should withdraw from the tournament anyway.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Where does it say in the rules that sitting for more than thirty days is forbidden? Someone show me. I'd say you cover that person for as long as necessary until the person/people in charge of covering the account deem it no longer worthwhile. You're simply not allowed to join new games unless it's for an already ongoing tournament, and in the case of long absences said player should withdraw from the tournament anyway.

I think its based on previous C&A rulings, dont know if its in the rules (and dont have time to look)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Serbia on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:24 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Where does it say in the rules that sitting for more than thirty days is forbidden? Someone show me. I'd say you cover that person for as long as necessary until the person/people in charge of covering the account deem it no longer worthwhile. You're simply not allowed to join new games unless it's for an already ongoing tournament, and in the case of long absences said player should withdraw from the tournament anyway.

I've known it to be the rule for years. Don't know where I first learned of it.

Which leads to another point... there should be an easily accessible rules tab, separate from the forums. You've got a whole sub-section dedicated to "The Game" under that tab, but nothing easily discoverable laying out the rules. That's a major oversight.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports