Conquer Club

Warned PaulatPeace - gross abuse

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: PaulatPeace - gross abuse

Postby Keefie on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Everyone defending Paul put's the onus on the invitee to reject the approach if they don't feel comfortable.

Let's flip that around.

Why does Paul in the vast majority of cases only privately invite players who have no or next to no experience on Antarctica ? This does give the impression that opponents are being selected based on research.

Why does he not create public games open to all, like random21 and Kaskavel ? If he had this thread would not exist and everyone would be patting him on the back for becoming Conqueror.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Lex Usi wrote:Could someone please overturn the decision to ban Paul from the forum, or at least postpone his ban to a later time and let the man defend himself here. Seriously, do you people get off by beating a guy who has his hands and legs tied up and is unable to defend himself. Donelladan filed his accusations right after Paul was stripped from his ability to post in the forum. What kind of a person does that?

I do not know when PaulatPeace ban started nor when it will finished. I didn't post this at this time because PaulatPeace was banned.
My timing has to do with the conqueror status of PaulatPeace. I recently noticed what PaulatPeace was doing to reach his score. I contacted some of his opponents and gathered information about his "strategy". Then PaulatPeace became conqueror and I went to his wall to tell him what I thought about him. After doing that I decided to research a bit more about his doing and precedent.
As soon as I gathered all information I posted this.
I did wonder if I should wait to post this, but then I noticed PaulatPeace had created another 90 games to which he also invited bunch of inexperienced players of the map.
Therefore I decided this couldn't wait.

Lex Usi wrote: Paul is not the only one playing primarily one map only. Previous conquerers Kaskavel and random21 do the same. I had played very few games on USA 2.1. and wanted to challenge myself by playing against random21 a couple of games. Of course I got my ass handed to me but I did learn a great deal of the map and how it is played by studying what random did on those games against me and I also studied what he had done on his other games against various players. If he had invited me to those games I would've been honored but instead I found the games open and joined them myself.

This topic and the fact that PaulatPeace is playing one map only have nothing to do with each other.
If PaulatPeace was ranching on 5 or 20 different maps I could still have done the same topic.
The problem is the following :
Simply speaking, it is the case of someone abusing the game by purposefully inviting people who have no experience with certain settings to guarantee a win.

Kaskavel and random21 aren't doing at all the same than PaulatPeace.
Kaskavel and random21 have been playing exclusively one map, but they are playing public games.
Anyone can join. Anyone can be defeated and join again. Kaskavel and random21 do not select their opponents. They are able to beat anyone that comes regardless of their experience.

PaulatPeace has been checking the experience, or rather the lack of, of some player on Antarctica.
Then he invited those players to face him on a best of 5, in order to beat them 5 time at once.
In order to incite his opponents to accept to play him he used a pm with following argument :
- you have a chance to win a lot of points ( using his rank as a way to incite unaware people to join, while in reality they have close to no chance of winning)
- I am going to teach you the map ( he doesn't )
- My clan is number 1 and depending on how the games goes I may consider you as a potential member ( bogus claim for at least 90% of this opponents if not all)
-> Note, it doesn't matter what the arguments are, he did try to persuade them to join, that is the point

He repeated this operation many many times.

This is what characterize the abuse.
If PaulatPeace had been creating hundreds of public Antarctica games, this topic wouldn't exist.

Concerning your example of you winning a 1st game on Antartica. Well, this was a multiplayer no spoils game. This is totally different. Also 1 example doesn't prove anything.

If you want I challenge you here and now to a best of 5 on antartica poly(4) escalating and unlimited fort. Let's see how many you can win of that. ( and you have tried it once on quad but I am still confident I'll beat you 4-1 or 5-0). Bets are on.
Btw to everyone that think this isn't abuse, if PaulatPeace get cleared, I challenge you all to a best of 5 on a map of my choosing with setting of my choosing, Just so that i can demonstrate to you that your win% is close to 0 when I get to choose a map you never played but that I master.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby GoranZ on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Lex Usi wrote:Seriously, do you people get off by beating a guy who has his hands and legs tied up and is unable to defend himself.

The same can be asked for Paul. Does he get off beating inexperienced players on maps and settings they know nothing about? They are practically just as defenseless in the game as you make him out to be here.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:21 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Lex Usi wrote:Seriously, do you people get off by beating a guy who has his hands and legs tied up and is unable to defend himself.

The same can be asked for Paul. Does he get off beating inexperienced players on maps and settings they know nothing about? They are practically just as defenseless in the game as you make him out to be here.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 pm

I will let you guess why.

Because no more relevant information is being posted.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby king achilles on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Ranching was specifically made out of someone's persistent act of targeting either players who have just graduated from wearing the new recruit rank or low ranked players who have never played the map/settings that the person has mastered at. It was particularly made to protect this two type of players as that player was still doing the same thing even after he has been contacted to stop or told to change his ways.

With regards to high ranked players getting into the mix, this report does expose that they are also susceptible of getting victimized inspite the experiences gained through the games they have played and won in attaining their rank. It all boils down as someone purposefully inviting people who have no experience with certain settings to guarantee a win which can be translated as what we call "Ranching" or harvesting of points. In my opinion, I don't think Antarctica is a complicated map but it does offer a certain way on how you could play it advantageous for you but I guess that goes to every map out there as well.

There is a line in which that it becomes "gross abuse". When you do something that can be seen as Ranching in a massive scale, then it can be considered as Gross abuse.

As it has been pointed out in this thread a number of times, do NOT ranch your way to earn points from unsuspecting players or purposely seek out players with little to no experience on certain maps you are good at and invite them to private matches. If you have an idea that what you are doing kinda looks shady or it looks like you are exploiting, stop. Ask around and clarify before it reaches to this. The accused has been warned.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports