Re: RAIL ASIA [1.11.12] QUENCHED

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: RAIL ASIA [9.10.11] V16-P11 Gameplay adjusts

Postby cairnswk on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 pm

MarshalNey wrote:In light of the above changes, and hearing no objections... Shazam!

This of course only means that the map has met or exceeded the minimum Foundry gameplay standard, and further gameplay discussion is not only welcome but encouraged! The focus has, however, moved on to graphics, so graphics gurus sharpen your eyes and post your thoughts on the Railways of Future Asia.

-- Marshal Ney

Cheers MarshalNey, :)
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: RAIL ASIA [9.10.11] V16-P11 Gameplay adjusts

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Cheers, indeed! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: RAIL ASIA [16.10.11] V17-P12 GFX stations?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:21 pm

HAN, HCM, BKK and DHK stations have different themed roofs.
Do these work?
I have tried to create that feeling of difference in the SE Asian countries because there are so many different architectural influences.

Click image to enlarge.
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby ender516 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 pm

I think the different rooflines are a nice touch.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:10 pm

ender516 wrote:I think the different rooflines are a nice touch.

thanks ender516, do you think there are any others that might be advantaged from these different rooflines?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Don't know about ender, but I think the Russian and the Arabian ones could use some extra loving.
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Don't know about ender, but I think the Russian and the Arabian ones could use some extra loving.

OK, i'll see what i can find.
Thanks. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 am

I like Rail Europe but not the others. So please try to make it like Rail Europe :) !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:25 am

The graphical thing that could use the most attention would be the legend I think... It just doesn't seem to be up to the cairnswk standards, you know? Those buildings with the cupolas look kinda shoddy, I don't know if it's the patterns but they look kinda like late 80:s EGA graphics...

The map itself looks ok, if maybe a bit simplistic... maybe some subtle texturing on the land & sea might not be a bad idea?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Gillipig wrote:I like Rail Europe but not the others. So please try to make it like Rail Europe :) !

Gillipig...can you expand on what part you like about rail Europe so i can know what it is ;)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 pm

cairnswk wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I like Rail Europe but not the others. So please try to make it like Rail Europe :) !

Gillipig...can you expand on what part you like about rail Europe so i can know what it is ;)

I would if I only knew it myself :D . I'll try. It can't be graphics because they are fairly similar in that sense. And theme and gameplay is also very alike. Bonus system also similar yet I still only like one of them. Maybe it is graphics after all. I don't know you should probably ignore my comment :? .
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Gillipig wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

I would if I only knew it myself :D . I'll try. It can't be graphics because they are fairly similar in that sense. And theme and gameplay is also very alike. Bonus system also similar yet I still only like one of them. Maybe it is graphics after all. I don't know you should probably ignore my comment :? .

for you, you obviously have preferences, unidentified as they are :?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:47 pm

This is still Version 17.

isaiah40 wrote:Don't know about ender, but I think the Russian and the Arabian ones could use some extra loving.

these have been done, along with stations in Kazakhstan (there is some really great artchitecture going on in that country - check this railway station out in Astana)

natty_dread wrote:The graphical thing that could use the most attention would be the legend I think... It just doesn't seem to be up to the cairnswk standards, you know? Those buildings with the cupolas look kinda shoddy, I don't know if it's the patterns but they look kinda like late 80:s EGA graphics...

The map itself looks ok, if maybe a bit simplistic... maybe some subtle texturing on the land & sea might not be a bad idea?

the cupolas are still to be done - i might even change that whole design...so hang in there, but there is texture on the land and sea, Natty.

Click image to enlarge.
Corporal cairnswk

Re: RAIL ASIA [5.11.11] V17-P12 GFX stations?

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah, so there is... it's just so subtle I didn't notice it.

Maybe you could increase the shading on the land edges, make it pop up just a tiny bit more?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: RAIL ASIA [5.11.11] V17-P12 GFX stations?

Postby RedBaron0 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 am

I think the land looks wonderful and easily could stand alone by itself, but this is a rail map after all... lol I do have a concern that since the countries are colored that they may be misconstrued as bonus regions, thus changing them to a uniform color may be necessary for clarity, hate to do it though, it looks quite good the way it is.

I understand this is your small image cairns and there is some sqashidness going on, but however I see much in the way of pixelness that is really noticeable. The 2 onion domes with banded blue in them, look awful. The tracks have a slight pixelly look, but that may be a condition of it size. as well as the black line borders around the main city hubs. The bricks in the legend also look pixelated and flat, there isn't any depth to the mortar. (did I just say that? lol)
ImageImageImage
Major RedBaron0
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas