Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [16.01.14] V45 Fixes

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [21.11] V26-P19 GFX?

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 am

Why are there neutral 2s in the southern regions?
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [21.11] V26-P19 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Why are there neutral 2s in the southern regions?

Ah Doom....this is the balancing aspect of the gamplay...to make it a little harder to conquer these terts as an attack line to opponents command vessels
iancanton has done superb work in this regard :)

Version 26 with neutrals
Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [21.11] V26-P19 GFX?

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:04 am

The 2 on La Manuela does not achieve this.
The other ones do make sense, I will go back and look at his reasons for that.

EDIT:So it slows yellow from taking Paxat San Estobel as easily, but it doesn't stop teal from taking Santa Ana so easily.

Triumph and Revenge have no such block between them.

I realize Gameplay is closed, I just want to look at these last things.

Iancanton, do you have a comment?
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [22.11] V27-P19 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The 2 on La Manuela does not achieve this.
The other ones do make sense, I will go back and look at his reasons for that.

EDIT:So it slows yellow from taking Paxat San Estobel as easily, but it doesn't stop teal from taking Santa Ana so easily.

Triumph and Revenge have no such block between them.

I realize Gameplay is closed, I just want to look at these last things.

Iancanton, do you have a comment?


Doom...gameplay is not really closed until quench
I have added some neutrals and sea impassables between smoe more vessels that puts at least 3 in the path of any opponent from capturing CVs.

Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V25-P20 GFX

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:54 pm

isaiah40 wrote:...
How's this going cairns?

Can you give it going over isaiah40 please, i'd like to get on with the large.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V25-P20 GFX

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm

cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:...
How's this going cairns?

Can you give it going over isaiah40 please, i'd like to get on with the large.

Doing that now as I type this! ;)
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V27 - GFX

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:14 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:I'd like to see some graphic input on this one from the blue boys...I've got the XML almost done, except for the small coordinates, and think once we get this graphically stamped we can push it through FF pretty quickly.

nolefan5311, i have asked for isaiah40's input. as soon as that is done i will produce the large.
sorry for the re-arrangment of the treasury and general enlargement, but i beleive it is much better now with a little more eyespace in the english vessel area.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [22.11] V27-P20 GFX?

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:17 pm

A few things, small, but needed for extra clarity.

1. In the top legend: Can you increase the text spacing on (PTL)?
2. Battle of Gravelines: The outline of the area can be made a tad smaller, or, moved so that the tail on the "G" isn't covered.
3. The story, the text looks blurry. It looks like you have a shadow on it like the title.
4. Does TF(A) and TF(B) connect? If so then I suggest that the rive be shortened to make it clearer.
5. Under the Impassables legend: The Spanish command ship, the bottom yellow triangle can not be seen. Maybe (if possible) outline both yellow areas to make them clearer.
6. I'm a little concerned that the 888's will be too close together in the Monarch Treasury regions. Can you place some 888's so I can look at it please. My initial observation is that we might have to go a little wider to make sure they fit in properly.

Other than these few things this is really close!! Great work cairns!
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm

isaiah40 wrote:A few things, small, but needed for extra clarity.

1. In the top legend: Can you increase the text spacing on (PTL)?

Done. i have increased the kerning on all of those abbreviations to 10 for consistency across the legend

2. Battle of Gravelines: The outline of the area can be made a tad smaller, or, moved so that the tail on the "G" isn't covered.

Done
3. The story, the text looks blurry. It looks like you have a shadow on it like the title.

Fixed.
4. Does TF(A) and TF(B) connect? If so then I suggest that the rive be shortened to make it clearer.

Yes they connect and fixed. :)
5. Under the Impassables legend: The Spanish command ship, the bottom yellow triangle can not be seen. Maybe (if possible) outline both yellow areas to make them clearer.

Done and all impassables increased in size slightly
6. I'm a little concerned that the 888's will be too close together in the Monarch Treasury regions. Can you place some 888's so I can look at it please. My initial observation is that we might have to go a little wider to make sure they fit in properly.

The squares are 27x27. as you can see from the brit side i have done, there is plenty of room for 888s in there. i paid considerable attention in design to ensure these were wide/high enough to pass over each other, but unless someone gets into the 1000s that shouldn't be a prob. I have also tested these spaces on a dummy xml and they fit perfectly ;)
Other than these few things this is really close!! Great work cairns!

Cool. and thank-you for promptness. ;)
Posting Version 28...

Image

I have also done this Version 28 with 88s generated from the xml and posted it on front page under a spoiler
Image
Last edited by cairnswk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm

This is version 28 no numbers...
I've moved Penzance around a little and added some flame to the Lit beacons, mainly spacing and clarity...
Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Now....talking nomeclature

Question: how are the names for the Monarch and treausry being listed in the xml.
For the beacons, i would suggest they be listed as "Beacon Penzance, etc" with Beacon up front to differentiate them from the land terrs.
Any other suggestions welcome, or to hear from Nolefan5311
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:05 am

cairnswk wrote:Now....talking nomeclature

Question: how are the names for the Monarch and treausry being listed in the xml.
For the beacons, i would suggest they be listed as "Beacon Penzance, etc" with Beacon up front to differentiate them from the land terrs.
Any other suggestions welcome, or to hear from Nolefan5311

Hmmm .... I think something like Sir Francis Drake Treasury 1, 2 etc. This would mean that you would have to add the numbers on the map as well T1 T2 etc.

The Beacon naming as you suggested is good IMHO.
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Now....talking nomeclature

Question: how are the names for the Monarch and treausry being listed in the xml.
For the beacons, i would suggest they be listed as "Beacon Penzance, etc" with Beacon up front to differentiate them from the land terrs.
Any other suggestions welcome, or to hear from Nolefan5311

Hmmm .... I think something like Sir Francis Drake Treasury 1, 2 etc. This would mean that you would have to add the numbers on the map as well T1 T2 etc.

The Beacon naming as you suggested is good IMHO.


I'd rather not add any more to the map re numbers...so i suggest simply using what is there

Sir Francis Drake M+1
Sir Francis Drake T+1
Sir Francis Drake T+3
Sir Francis Drake T+4
Sir Francis Drake T+5
Would that suffice?...or even leave out the + sign.
Sir Francis Drake M1
Sir Francis Drake T1
Sir Francis Drake T3
Sir Francis Drake T4
Sir Francis Drake T5

And would that have to be clarified on the map amywhere?
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 pm

cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Now....talking nomeclature

Question: how are the names for the Monarch and treausry being listed in the xml.
For the beacons, i would suggest they be listed as "Beacon Penzance, etc" with Beacon up front to differentiate them from the land terrs.
Any other suggestions welcome, or to hear from Nolefan5311

Hmmm .... I think something like Sir Francis Drake Treasury 1, 2 etc. This would mean that you would have to add the numbers on the map as well T1 T2 etc.

The Beacon naming as you suggested is good IMHO.


I'd rather not add any more to the map re numbers...so i suggest simply using what is there

Sir Francis Drake M+1
Sir Francis Drake T+1
Sir Francis Drake T+3
Sir Francis Drake T+4
Sir Francis Drake T+5
Would that suffice?...or even leave out the + sign.
Sir Francis Drake M1
Sir Francis Drake T1
Sir Francis Drake T3
Sir Francis Drake T4
Sir Francis Drake T5

And would that have to be clarified on the map amywhere?


Without the + and should be obvious. Also, can you darken the names of the Commanders' Treasury that are highlighted in gray. Bit hard to see.
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 1588 Spanish Armada [25.11] V28-P20 GFX?

Postby cairnswk on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:...
Without the + and should be obvious. Also, can you darken the names of the Commanders' Treasury that are highlighted in gray. Bit hard to see.

Ah. just checked...as i suspected the gray was overlaying the texts. nice pick-up.. thank-you :)
i'll adjust the image above...check shortly <- adjusted now
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login