Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V3

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Version 3.

1. Battleships added - suggested gameplay prompt
2. 16 starting terts sorted on Allies side - Turksih side still to do.
3. changed the landing routes and will probably need to change them again.
4. as map grows and changes, so does the legend.

Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V3(P2) - Battleships added

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:00 am

How did I miss this map? It is amazing. Trying to figure out most of it. But
1. Huge number of territories,
2. Complex Gameplay
That is all you need. This map is done, right there.

Beautiful graphics. Nice new style.

Forts are kind of hard to see.
The Turkish Crossing points could use some work
What is the line down the center of the map?

I like that you have made the starting points uneven. Makes a whole new strategy depending on the drop, and not a bad thing. Good to add even more factors to how you play.

You are way too good at this stuff. Your versions 3 (for the latest few maps) are good enough to be sent to the main foundry, in my opinion. Keep up the good work.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V4

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:15 am

The Neon Peon wrote:How did I miss this map? It is amazing. Trying to figure out most of it. But
1. Huge number of territories,
2. Complex Gameplay
That is all you need. This map is done, right there.

Beautiful graphics. Nice new style.

Forts are kind of hard to see.
The Turkish Crossing points could use some work
What is the line down the center of the map?

I like that you have made the starting points uneven. Makes a whole new strategy depending on the drop, and not a bad thing. Good to add even more factors to how you play.

You are way too good at this stuff. Your versions 3 (for the latest few maps) are good enough to be sent to the main foundry, in my opinion. Keep up the good work.

Everything noted Neon....

Below is Version 4.
1. Villages added to roads with gameplay instruction
2. Forts enhanced
3. Tekke Burnu area sorted

To do:
1. Sort turkish start points
2. attack lines for minesweepers.
3. the contour lines, borders, and the painted land.
4. Turkish crossing points.

Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V4(P2) - Battleships & Villages added

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Comments anyone?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:43 pm

Are the purple glows around Achi Baba and Chunuk Bair, going to have black strokes like the rest of them? or are they something different?

The "Forts: Land Attack or sea bombard" are a lot better :)
Major samuelc812

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (11)
General Contribution (8)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:03 pm

samuelc812 wrote:Are the purple glows around Achi Baba and Chunuk Bair, going to have black strokes like the rest of them? or are they something different?

The "Forts: Land Attack or sea bombard" are a lot better :)

Samuel :)
1. Yes, they will be inproved those ridge indicators are simply there for the moment because they are easy to grab in a separate layer from the map and don't interfere with the black lines.
2. yes, i quite like the forts also

I'll be putting up another version later today.
Corporal cairnswk

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V5

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Version 5.

1. Beaches added - other terrain to be additioned later.
2. Landing craft changed
3. left legend changed slightly
4. turkish positions fixed (subject to gameplay change)
5. impassable lines fixed

Corporal cairnswk

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V5(P2) - Small Changes

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:01 pm

If you're really gonna make the beaches mean something, they seem very overshadowed by some of the army shadows. Of course, you have the lines so no biggie, unless you have some thing in mind ;)
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:02 pm

I disagree with the suggested gameplay. I would think it is break out, kill the people next to you, then bombard. If you break out and start off going to land, I don't think you are going to be that successful when others come at you from behind.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:32 am

the.killing.44 wrote:If you're really gonna make the beaches mean something, they seem very overshadowed by some of the army shadows. Of course, you have the lines so no biggie, unless you have some thing in mind ;)

Sorry .44, i don't understand what you're on about here.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:33 am

The Neon Peon wrote:I disagree with the suggested gameplay. I would think it is break out, kill the people next to you, then bombard. If you break out and start off going to land, I don't think you are going to be that successful when others come at you from behind.

OK, you can play whatever gameplay you want. :)
The suggested gameplay is there to indicate what the real battle was like and it is only "a suggestion".
Corporal cairnswk

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:28 pm

cairnswk wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:If you're really gonna make the beaches mean something, they seem very overshadowed by some of the army shadows. Of course, you have the lines so no biggie, unless you have some thing in mind ;)

Sorry .44, i don't understand what you're on about here.

I mean, the beaches aren't too visible with the army circles on top of 'em + there isn't much contrast between them and the other land. But it's not that big of a deal because the lines are already there (which by the way I think could be a little more apparent).
Major the.killing.44

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V6

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:31 am

Change of Software

As yhou can see from the image below, which is not yet finished conversion, i am changing the map from using Fireworks to CorelDraw.

I have long wanted to do something with Coreldraw, as it is a step towards learning Illustrator etc. but this takes time for me.

so, please, no remarks about things being missing, i will refresh the image as it becomes more complete.

Version 6 updating to continue...

Corporal cairnswk

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V6(P2) - Software Change

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:51 am

Mmmm, sorry had to change the sea colour
Corporal cairnswk

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V6(P2) - Software Change

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 am

Wow it looks a whole lot better. Are you going to keep the glow on the left side (of the key) and not the right? To me it makes it unbalanced, but that might just be me and my bit of orderer's OCD.

Major the.killing.44

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps