Baltic States [3/10] V33 P34 Beta!!

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Baltic States: [25 OCT 2011] v12 Pg 13 Bonus Structure

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:03 am

I can take those now ... Any comments are welcome. An update will be coming soon.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Very nice.

>consider auto-deploys for the capital of each country
>split central latvia up as suggested already

And although you may not be completely at the graphical stage yet, I'll leave my thoughts now;
>the grid is visually...strange. I know it's marble, but those lines interfere with some of the borders and I think it'd look okay without
>the colours of some of the adjacent bonuses are quite similar - namely central/west latvia and north/west lithuania
>to be really meticulous, I might sort all the bonus listings from top to bottom geographically : )
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:33 pm

It's passed a month without an update.

Moving this one into the Recycling Box for a [Vacation] period, if you want to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;)

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: [Vacation - valid untill May 2012] - Baltic States

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:36 am

To get this rolling again. We think there needs to be split in Latvia? Past that what else we looking at so we can get the game play stamp on this.
Major Bruceswar

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:44 am

Maybe you could consider dividing it like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_regions_of_Latvia
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Why that connfirguration over the current configuration?
Major Bruceswar

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:01 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
iancanton wrote:my previous comments on the undesirability of a 2-region islands bonus still stand, bruce! this is especially because this bonus is in the corner. if u feel that u really must have a 2-region bonus, then split the central latvia bonus, which i see anyone with any sense avoiding, and merge west estonia with islands estonia.

ian. :)

This I agree with. You can split Central Latvia at Cesis/Ogre and call them North/South Central Latvia. You could also switch Jelgava from West Latvia to South Central Latvia. As for the bonus values, both North and South Latvia could be +4, and West Latvia can remain at +4 as it will have the same number of bordering territories.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Why that connfirguration over the current configuration?

Well, it divides latvia in 5 parts, and it has some basis in real world divisions...

Just an idea I guess.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Using what natty posted... Here are some quick lines to see where the new region borders would be. The black numbers are the number of regions. Bonus Values would have to be agreed on once the borders were reset.

Click image to enlarge.
Major Bruceswar

Re: Baltic States NewBonuses? P 14

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 am

I think it looks pretty good, there's 2 easy bonuses and each has a bigger bonus to expand to.

A good thing is also that you can use the names of the cultural regions for the bonus areas, so you can avoid the west, east, central etc. notation.

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 am

Right so if we go forward for those boundries then what shall we use for bonus values?

I was thinking

That is from west to east...

Also what to name the other areas? in Estonia and Lith? Rather than using Central etc.
Major Bruceswar

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:46 am

I don't know if Estonia or Lithuania have similar names for the areas... maybe you should ask someone from the area if they have any ideas.

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:19 pm

natty_dread wrote:I don't know if Estonia or Lithuania have similar names for the areas... maybe you should ask someone from the area if they have any ideas.

Looks like I what I will end up doing.
Major Bruceswar

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Right so if we go forward for those boundries then what shall we use for bonus values?

I was thinking

That is from west to east...

These look like good values to me. You will have 2 smaller bonuses in the middle of the map and this is a good thing. So get an update done and posted, then we can get this moved back into the main foundry!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 am

Version 13 Latvia New Bonus Structure.

Click image to enlarge.

What Changed:

Latvia was broken from 4 into 5 bonuses.

Slight Color Changes

Some minor fixes.
Major Bruceswar

Re: Baltic States Verion 13 P 14

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:06 am

I don't like the colours of this map! I'd like to change all bonus colours except central estonia, south lithuania, west lithuania and west latvia. Have you thought of changing the colour scheme? If you haven't I strongly suggest you should! A fairly standard map gameplay wise like this needs to look brilliant to get people to play it. And finding a harmonious colour theme is absolute key!
I'm glad you've picked up this map again so don't let my criticism discourage you, let it encourage you do make it look better :)!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 am

Give me some color ideas. I am open to ideas. :)
Major Bruceswar

Postby natty dread on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 am

I don't know, the colours are pretty ok. I'd only suggest a few changes:

- west Estonia is way too dark. It needs to be lighter than the sea colour at least.
- West & North Lithuania are too similar. Furthermore, all of Lithuania looks like a bit drab. Maybe you could figure out some other colour for lithuania than a broken yellow - I think a warm green would work the best.

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14 am

putting the colors aside... how is the game play?
Major Bruceswar

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 am

With this update comes the move back!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 am

isaiah40 wrote:With this update comes the move back!!

Thanks!
Major Bruceswar

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Bruceswar except the island, how many neutral you have on the map and where they are placed?

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:43 pm

My suggestion would be to make one territory in each of the 3 territory bonuses, this will eliminate any initial bonus drops. This will bring you to 43 territories which is a golden number! ;)
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am

thenobodies80 wrote:Bruceswar except the island, how many neutral you have on the map and where they are placed?

Just 1 is all I want.
Major Bruceswar

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 am

I would suggest what Isaiah said. Percentages are not so high, but i think it's better to have a neutral in each 3 regions bonus to prevent a lucky drop.
You can have them with just 2 troops if you want, but it's really better to have them.

Nobodies

show

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps