[Abandoned] - SlovakNationalUprising

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP-new update

Postby theBastard on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP-new update

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Nice map but I don't understand the train bonus? What is both trains? Is the map in the top right necessary. I like it because it puts things into context but is it necessary. Maybe use the word Uprisers instead of risers.
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 pm

theBastard wrote:21 views and no opinion? is it bad, too complicated, need anything more?

I like it. I just don't visit the foundry often enough...:-)

Industrial Helix wrote:I'm actually really impressed with this map... it seems to convey the military events quite well and enables players to re-enact the event. Plus, it covers a region not on CC already and an area of WWII largely overlooked. So you've got my support.

Strongly concur with both of those points. Plus, it's nice to see some work from a brother Slav..:-)

About the only thing I would say is that the little yellow dotted lines for the railroad will be very hard to see for old farts like me with bad eyes. I would make big thick yellow lines there, with a diameter at least 1/2 of the diameter of the train station boxes.

Same thing with the one-way arrows... bigger and bolder.

Some of the wording is a bit clumsy, but there's plenty of time to play with that.
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby theBastard on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:19 pm

thanks Nola.

here is version with better "train" bonus. there is no train bonus, there is bonus for hold both stations of the train. there are two trains=two railways Cremosne-Zvolen and Kremnica-Brezno. the B.Bystrica is crossroad not needed for railway (train) bonus, but if you hold it and train you gain +1.

small map. hm, it is very needed I think. no everyone know what and where is Slovakia ;) I did it black/white.

Dukasaur wrote:I like it. I just don't visit the foundry often enough...:-)

thanks. yes there are some nice pieces :D
Dukasaur wrote:
Industrial Helix wrote:I'm actually really impressed with this map... it seems to convey the military events quite well and enables players to re-enact the event. Plus, it covers a region not on CC already and an area of WWII largely overlooked. So you've got my support.

Dukasaur wrote:Strongly concur with both of those points. Plus, it's nice to see some work from a brother Slav..:-)

I am glad that you (both) feel what was my goal :P where are you from? it shows Canada now...
Dukasaur wrote:About the only thing I would say is that the little yellow dotted lines for the railroad will be very hard to see for old farts like me with bad eyes. I would make big thick yellow lines there, with a diameter at least 1/2 of the diameter of the train station boxes.

there is needed some edits. will see what I can do for you.
Dukasaur wrote:Some of the wording is a bit clumsy, but there's plenty of time to play with that.

oh, my English is bad and poor. but here is many guys who are good at English.

edited version
Click image to enlarge.

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP-another update

Postby theBastard on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

ok. new railways.
Click image to enlarge.

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Hmm... its a little crowded, but I think its better than off train maps.

Is there any way you can expand the size of the green region and give everything a little more room to fit? I mean, it would skew the geography a little, but it would improve the readability.

Also, is this similar to Baltic Crusades where the cities and stations are within the regions?
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby theBastard on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:16 am

Industrial Helix wrote:Hmm... its a little crowded, but I think its better than off train maps.

a little, yes.
Industrial Helix wrote:Is there any way you can expand the size of the green region and give everything a little more room to fit? I mean, it would skew the geography a little, but it would improve the readability.

I can move mountains a little off green zone. this is only one chance to expand its size which I see...
Industrial Helix wrote:Also, is this similar to Baltic Crusades where the cities and stations are within the regions?

no, regions are red circles, so for "regional bonus" you need to hold only red circles. I have some idea how to explain this better in legend...

thanks for your comment.

Postby Industrial Helix on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

Ok.... lets clear up the English a little bit and go from there.

"Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
On August 29th, 1944 partisans rose up against Nazi Germany and the Slovak puppet government. They were joined by several mutinous units of the Slovak Army. That September, the Wehrmacht moved against the rebel stronghold and the partisans took the fight to the mountains of central Slovakia."

"Without tanks or artillery, the Slovak Rebels resorted to armored train cars to support their troops. Hurban, Stefanik and Masaryk were the principle contributors, their stations give the following bonus."

+2 for any six towns
+3 for any two with B. Bysterica, -1 if held without any German unit
Can bombard rebel airport and train stations
Can bombard rebel regions (green) and German airport

German Buffer Zone
Slovak rump state
Rebel stronghold

---

This might be a stretch, but what if you could fit the German route arrows onto the map? It would make things clearer and you would save on dead space. As it is, this map has too much dead space.
Cook Industrial Helix

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby theBastard on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:30 am

here is map with routes on the map and some changes. Helix I use uprisers, no rebels. it sounds better to me. do not know why... :)

Click image to enlarge.

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:26 am

Oh hell yeah! Now that looks like a proper military map. I wish I had done this on the communism maps. I really love the arrows, plus everything is pretty clear. It looks great!

But unfortunately, uprisers isn't a word in the English language. I can't think of anything better than rebel though partisans works too. What's the word for rebel/upriser in Slovakian?
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby theBastard on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 am

Industrial Helix wrote:Oh hell yeah! Now that looks like a proper military map. I wish I had done this on the communism maps. I really love the arrows, plus everything is pretty clear. It looks great!

But unfortunately, uprisers isn't a word in the English language. I can't think of anything better than rebel though partisans works too. What's the word for rebel/upriser in Slovakian?

I am glad that you like it. it is new power for me :D for witch map of communism you can done this? and you still can ;) for Cuba could be oneway assault interesting - it is small map, so some restrictions could be fine.

partisan is term of rebels. so I will go with partisan (which is also English as you mentioned).

I will change also railways.

just one thing: +2 for any 6 towns - I mean for ANY town (town, town/battle site, town/airport) - is this clear?

EDIT: new "real" railways and some changes.
Click image to enlarge.

and a little changed arrows for oneway assaults in regions.
Click image to enlarge.

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP-new railways

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Yeah, +2 for any 6 towns makes sense to me... you might do to put somthing like "any town, battlesite or airport"

Speaking of which... that bonus is a little tough to get. I mean, if you hold six towns, you have six borders and countless ways a person can attack you. It seems like a bonus that is impossible to get. You might be better with +1 for any 2 towns/battlesites/airports.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby theBastard on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Yeah, +2 for any 6 towns makes sense to me... you might do to put somthing like "any town, battlesite or airport"

what about this? could it works?
Click image to enlarge.

Industrial Helix wrote:Speaking of which... that bonus is a little tough to get. I mean, if you hold six towns, you have six borders and countless ways a person can attack you. It seems like a bonus that is impossible to get. You might be better with +1 for any 2 towns/battlesites/airports.

but if player holds any German unit route (3-4 towns) he get +2/+3 with next any 3/2 towns he get next +2. will speak more about this.

one more thing - the -1 for holding town with garrison without all German unit - I meant this -1 without unit where town with garrison belongs. not any unit. how this shortly explain?

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:20 am

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying if you hold the garrison but not the whole route then you get -1?
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby theBastard on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:40 am

yes.
example: you hold Zilina (town with garrison) and Zilina "belongs" to German unit route of von Junck (Cadca, P.Bystrica, Zilina) and you do not hold all von Junck you get -1. so you if you hold another German unit route, for Zilina you get -1 (to the time when you will hold all von Junck).

EDIT: new arrows. better?
Click image to enlarge.

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 am

I dunno about a bonus system like that. It's already very hard to hold the German route anyway... if it has a negative result, it might become impossible. Though, you could make it -1 without the whole route and add in an autodeploy on each town on the route.

It would be realistic because the Nazi's would be using supplies from the town to strengthen their army and it would support the idea that once taken, it is hard to get the Nazi's out.

Plus, it would make the route stations more easy to defend as there is always an autodeploy strengthening the armies there.

AND it would discourage players from taking the towns unless they were planning to take the route. Because if you commit to the route, then you're deployable armies are going to disappear in favor of the autodeploys.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby theBastard on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 am

Industrial Helix wrote:I dunno about a bonus system like that. It's already very hard to hold the German route anyway... if it has a negative result, it might become impossible. Though, you could make it -1 without the whole route and add in an autodeploy on each town on the route.

hm, this sounds logic... but I can not have so much autodeploys. WE NEED CONDITIONAL AUTODEPLOYS!
Industrial Helix wrote:It would be realistic because the Nazi's would be using supplies from the town to strengthen their army and it would support the idea that once taken, it is hard to get the Nazi's out.

the truth is that only few towns was retaken by partisans...
what about to do only towns (not with garison, not battle sites, not airports) +1 autodeploy?
Industrial Helix wrote:Plus, it would make the route stations more easy to defend as there is always an autodeploy strengthening the armies there.

AND it would discourage players from taking the towns unless they were planning to take the route. Because if you commit to the route, then you're deployable armies are going to disappear in favor of the autodeploys.

I want to have any negative bonus here... will think about this a little...

EDIT: if towns will be +1 autodeploy, then the German unit routes will be more easy to hold.

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP-set up the bonuses

Postby theBastard on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm

what is needed to resolve here? graphics? gameplay? bonuses?

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Nothing that I can think of is wrong with this map. Let's sticky it and see what happens in two days, if no one has any objections then I will stamp it.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 am

Whoa... I moved this without stamping and posting... Sorry about that.

Cook Industrial Helix

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:24 am

thebastard, first of all I'm really happy to see that your mapmaker ability is increasing day after day, continue in this way.
Now, about your supersize request....try to keep the extra space at the minimum but the map is worth some additional pixels, so go with it. :P

Good Work!

Nobodies
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby theBastard on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:33 am

thanks for stamp, Helix :)

thenobodies80 wrote:thebastard, first of all I'm really happy to see that your mapmaker ability is increasing day after day, continue in this way.

yes my thumb is better. hope it will be more better...
thenobodies80 wrote:Now, about your supersize request....try to keep the extra space at the minimum but the map is worth some additional pixels, so go with it. :P

I know the explantations and legend cover much place. I can not see any way how to reduce it. maybe I could reduce map to 840x600/620, but it does not means that it would helps...
thenobodies80 wrote:Good Work!

Nobodies

thanks for supersize, thanks for nice words, nobodies... :)

Re: Slovak National Uprising/SNP-lets reduce the legend

Postby Industrial Helix on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 am

What's going on with this map? I want to play!
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:33 am

theBastard wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Dukasaur wrote:Strongly concur with both of those points. Plus, it's nice to see some work from a brother Slav..:-)

I am glad that you (both) feel what was my goal :P where are you from? it shows Canada now...

I've been in Canada most of my life but I was born in Praha...:)

theBastard wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:About the only thing I would say is that the little yellow dotted lines for the railroad will be very hard to see for old farts like me with bad eyes. I would make big thick yellow lines there, with a diameter at least 1/2 of the diameter of the train station boxes.

there is needed some edits. will see what I can do for you.

Yes, the new railroads and arrows are much better!
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby theBastard on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Dukasaur wrote:I've been in Canada most of my life but I was born in Praha...:)

so we can speak CzechoSlovak... :D Praha is beautiful city, did you visit it after arrival?
Dukasaur wrote:Yes, the new railroads and arrows are much better!

thanks. glad you like it.

Next

Return to Recycling Box