Conquer Club

*[Abandoned] Papua New Guinea

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Papua New Guinea V7 p10

Postby ndrs on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Update is coming! I've been working on it but I just moved to a new apartment and there is lots going on....... There is quite a few changes to the map.
Colonel ndrs

Re: Papua New Guinea V7 p10

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:09 am

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. The map is moved to the Recycling Box and put into Vacation status for the next 6 months. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Cartographer Assistants will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: [Vacation - Valid until Oct 2013] Papua New Guinea

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 am

:cry:
Captain Gilligan

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Again?!
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Seamus76 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 am

Peter Gibbons wrote:Again?!

NDRS, what's your realistic thought on this map? Would be a shame if the maps gets abandoned in October, only to find out ManB could have been working on his the whole time.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby ndrs on Fri May 17, 2013 7:01 pm

If it's all or nothing, I guess it's nothing. Actually, I was a bit pissed when I saw that it was recycled for the second time – after I said that I had been/was working on it. Haven't worked on it since. It should be all for fun, but it is a pain to have a schedule to produce and not knowing if it gets binned or if someone else start working on the same map. I'm officially over with it.
Colonel ndrs

Postby koontz1973 on Sat May 18, 2013 2:52 am

ndrs wrote:If it's all or nothing, I guess it's nothing. Actually, I was a bit pissed when I saw that it was recycled for the second time – after I said that I had been/was working on it. Haven't worked on it since. It should be all for fun, but it is a pain to have a schedule to produce and not knowing if it gets binned or if someone else start working on the same map. I'm officially over with it.

Considering you get one month for an update, even a small one pixel move one, this is not a lot to ask. Also, it has been sitting here for over a month before you comment. Quite frankly, I like the style and am sad to see this not happen, but at least it gives someone else a chance to complete it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby ndrs on Sat May 18, 2013 7:03 am

koontz1973 wrote:
ndrs wrote:If it's all or nothing, I guess it's nothing. Actually, I was a bit pissed when I saw that it was recycled for the second time – after I said that I had been/was working on it. Haven't worked on it since. It should be all for fun, but it is a pain to have a schedule to produce and not knowing if it gets binned or if someone else start working on the same map. I'm officially over with it.

Considering you get one month for an update, even a small one pixel move one, this is not a lot to ask. Also, it has been sitting here for over a month before you comment. Quite frankly, I like the style and am sad to see this not happen, but at least it gives someone else a chance to complete it.

I like it too, and that's why I'm not happy that a map has to be abandoned if there is no work for a time. My life situation does not allow me to work on it now, and it has been like that for a while. When I tried to pull it back from the bin earlier it was forced, and not because I enjoyed it. I didn't have the time for it and only did it because I'd lose all my work if I didn't. I worked on it, but didn't manage to finish all the updates I wanted. Now it will be lost anyway, which is sad. As I've done all the work on it, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to come back later in my cc "career" to complete it. Be it a year or two. Or three.
Colonel ndrs

Postby isaiah40 on Sat May 18, 2013 9:18 am

ndrs wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

I like it too, and that's why I'm not happy that a map has to be abandoned if there is no work for a time. My life situation does not allow me to work on it now, and it has been like that for a while. When I tried to pull it back from the bin earlier it was forced, and not because I enjoyed it. I didn't have the time for it and only did it because I'd lose all my work if I didn't. I worked on it, but didn't manage to finish all the updates I wanted. Now it will be lost anyway, which is sad. As I've done all the work on it, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to come back later in my cc "career" to complete it. Be it a year or two. Or three.

We all understand RL issues come up and they take priority, there is no reason you can't bring this beautiful map back and complete it.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby pamoa on Sun May 19, 2013 3:14 am

maybe you are ready to give the files to someone who can finish the work
with your help and comments without all the workload
maybe...
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

A real shame... What is this? Contest 5 that has taken forever to finish off or been abandon?

Germany? (The first time, which caused time 2)
Papua New Guinea?
Central America?
Istanbul?
Gallipolli?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Bruceswar wrote:A real shame... What is this? Contest 5 that has taken forever to finish off or been abandon?

Papua New Guinea?
Central America?
Istanbul?
Gallipolli?

Two of these are in play...?
Captain Gilligan

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:A real shame... What is this? Contest 5 that has taken forever to finish off or been abandon?

Papua New Guinea?
Central America?
Istanbul?
Gallipolli?

Two of these are in play...?

3 are but all 3 had long delays and one caused a 2nd map to be made (Germany)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Re: [Abandoned] Papua New Guinea

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:20 am

The six months of vacation has expired, for this reason this topic is now labeled as [Abandoned]. An action, as stated in our Abandoned map policy has been taken. If the original mapmaker wants to continue this map project it's fine but a real update must provided. From this moment anyone else is free to continue this project without the original mapmaker permission, but it has to be started from the scratch.
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box