[Abandoned] - CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map)

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CONQUERSHIP 1v1 Map v.4 [17 JAN 2012] - minor update

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:23 pm

I think that you can have the start positions in where the pegs are and then attack your side before you can attack your opponent. This would give your opponent a chance. Graphical note, can you place a couple of red pegs in a couple of the red ships?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby lostatlimbo on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Graphically, you could give it some extra flair in the sense of that 'game board/piece' element:

(Water variation / texture, peg holes (might be too annoying), stray peg pieces, etc).

--Andy

Ok. If everyone is fairly happy with the basic elements, I'll start fleshing out the details more.

I do want to be careful about getting too close to the real look, though - to avoid copyright issues.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby lostatlimbo on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:11 pm

isaiah40 wrote:I think that you can have the start positions in where the pegs are and then attack your side before you can attack your opponent. This would give your opponent a chance.

Isiah - if I understand correctly, you mean to have no troops on the main map and only a few in the "tray". That sounds like a long game to me, with lots of killing neutrals.

Do you still forsee some lopsided issues with the current idea of targets?

isaiah40 wrote:Graphical note, can you place a couple of red pegs in a couple of the red ships?

I'll try it. Those would need to be impassable spots. I could do it on the aircraft carriers to make those a little easier to sink.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:29 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Graphically, you could give it some extra flair in the sense of that 'game board/piece' element:

(Water variation / texture, peg holes (might be too annoying), stray peg pieces, etc).

--Andy

Ok. If everyone is fairly happy with the basic elements, I'll start fleshing out the details more.

I do want to be careful about getting too close to the real look, though - to avoid copyright issues.

You shouldn't have any copyright issues from the image looking like the game.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:36 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:You shouldn't have any copyright issues from the image looking like the game.

True. You can't copyright a look.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 am

I can still see a problem with the manual deployment issue I brought up a couple of pages ago. This needs to be addressed. And copyright is not an issue right now, but I would imagine you might be getting close to it.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 am

When I was a kid I didn't even know battleship was an actual game with a board and pieces and stuff... we always just played it with pen & paper.

I don't think anyone has a copyright on the battleship game.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey, sorry for the delay in updating this. I am packing up my house and preparing to move, and my gameload has been huge lately, so I just haven't had time to dig into this, but I hope to have a shiny new graphic to submit near the end of the month.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:45 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: [Vacation - valid until Sept 2012] CONQUERSHIP 1v1 Map

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 pm

I will get back to this soon, I promise. I've been having a tough time fitting CC into my busy life at the moment.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Re: [Updated 4/9/12] CONQUERSHIP 1v1 Map (graphic update)

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 am

Version 5
New look with more realistic "game" feel.
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Huzzah! :) Looks good! I must ask, though, what is the background? Kinda looks like cooked rice or chopped-up pieces of styrofoam.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 pm

I think it is carpet, mimicking playing on the floor? Glad to see this still in development!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Haha... Andy's got it. My memories of the game involve sitting cross-legged on carpet.

I'll play around with it though and see if I can't make that clearer.

I also think we need one more target on each side.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Re: [Updated 4/10/12] CONQUERSHIP 1v1 Map (graphic update)

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Version 6
How about a table top?
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Re: [Updated 4/10/12] CONQUERSHIP 1v1 Map (graphic update)

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm

The Bin is definitely NOT the right place for this one.

[Moved]

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 Map ) [April 12 2012] Graphic requests?

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 am

Version 7
Made a small change to the position of ships & targets.
Any other requests to graphics?
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Postby pamoa on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:44 am

seas cannot attack ships
and ships can only attack opposite sea target

how can you wipe your opponent from a ship your not in?

Iwould suggest that seas can attack ships
de gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Lieutenant pamoa

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 am

pamoa wrote:how can you wipe your opponent from a ship your not in?

Sea cells bombard adjacent ship cells.

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:23 am

"Receive +1 troop for every 5 sea cells held on your side of the map".

Is there a way of programming this into the XML ?
Even if there is, I would imagine it to be much simpler if the bonus was changed to "Receive +1 troop for every 5 sea cells".
Or it could be even simpler if the whole bonus was given by the region count bonus; "Receive +1 troop for every 5 regions".

But whatever, it's your map, and - assuming Victor_S is doing the XML - I'm sure he knows what's possible with the XML, and also what size XML file is reasonable given the gameplay.

Actually, scrap that. So long as the other player can't actually conquer your ship regions, it should be possible with the current XML.
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:32 am

That is an easy thing in the xml. You need to set up the sea cells as a set of continents and the ship cells as well. Then you just combine the two in a further continent for the bonus.

Go and look at my Rorkes Drift xml to see how to do it. A tad long winded but easy to do when you work it out.

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:35 am

Any other comments or concerns?
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu May 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I guess not... :-k

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ManBungalow on Mon May 14, 2012 2:18 pm

The texture of the wood in the background isn't too pleasant, but you might be able to get away with it.

Move this to final forge and we'll see how it plays ?
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu May 24, 2012 1:07 am

ManBungalow wrote:The texture of the wood in the background isn't too pleasant, but you might be able to get away with it.

I can tone that down a bit.

ManBungalow wrote:Move this to final forge and we'll see how it plays ?

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box