[Abandoned] - Pixel World

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Abandoned] - Pixel World

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Map Name: World 3.0 / Pixel World
Mapmaker(s): DiM, xml by zimmah
Number of Territories: 335
Special Features: pretty straightforward gameplay
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: it's big

V2:
reduced the size and made circles into ovals

Click image to enlarge.

show: V1
Last edited by DiM on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: World 3.0 / Pixel World [09.Dec.11] - V1 - p1

Postby natty dread on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 pm

advertising your map in another map maker's thread is a new low even for you.
despicable gestures like this make me love the ignore list. too bad there isn't an option to block you from posting in my threads.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 pm

*Sigh* Come now, boys...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby The Bison King on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:25 pm

So it's like a world map... but instead of looking like a map... it's circles? why circles?

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:31 pm

DiM wrote:advertising your map in another map maker's thread is a new low even for you.
despicable gestures like this make me love the ignore list. too bad there isn't an option to block you from posting in my threads.

Wow, you really are an asshole. I wasn't advertising anything, just pointing out the funny coincidence that I posted a very similar concept just 15 minutes ago, independently... but as usual, you get all Dim about it. Then again, why am I surprised...

I know you're pretending that you're not going to read this, that's ok, you can keep sitting on your high horse and thinking how much better than everyone else you are. Good luck with your future prospects.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby zimmah on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:38 pm

i know a good theme

a DiM vs Natty map =D>
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
Lieutenant zimmah

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm

The Bison King wrote:So it's like a world map... but instead of looking like a map... it's circles? why circles?

i like circles :)
they're neat and tidy and fit perfectly for such a map where we have 335 terits.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm

natty_dread wrote:
DiM wrote:advertising your map in another map maker's thread is a new low even for you.

Wow, you really are an asshole. I wasn't advertising anything, just pointing out the funny coincidence that I posted a very similar concept just 15 minutes ago, independently... but as usual, you get all Dim about it. Then again, why am I surprised...

I know you're pretending that you're not going to read this, that's ok, you can keep sitting on your high horse and thinking how much better than everyone else you are. Good luck with your future prospects.

thanks for the wonderful words. kind as always.
as much as i hate it i actually read your posts when they are in my threads because they might actually contain feedback and i don't want to miss feedback posts. obviously 99% of the time they contain offtopic and insults.
and no, you weren't pointing a funny coincidence. you said you prefer hexagons and provided a link to your map that has hexagons.

if you came and commented something like "lol, that's funny i made a similar map only i used hexagons. good luck with yours" and no link, it would have been ok.

anyway, unless you can control your actions and words and act like a mature person please stay out of my threads.
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:02 pm

DiM wrote:anyway, unless you can control your actions and words and act like a mature person please stay out of my threads.

Oh hello pot, my name is kettle.

Maybe you could just admit that you were wrong, that your reaction to my post was over the line, and we could all forget it and move on. You know, like a mature person would do.

I'm sorry that my thread link offended you, but it's customary in the foundry. When someone posts a new map thread, we often post links to earlier, similar projects so the mapmaker can take inspiration or influence from them if needed, or learn from the mistakes/difficulties of the earlier projects... most mapmakers have no problem with it at all. Like if you'd post a map of a brain, AndyDufresne would jump in with 6 links to earlier attempts of a brain map...

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:08 pm

wow an actual post where you didn't curse. your tone is still something you should work on but you're on the right track. baby steps and who knows, maybe in the future you'll actually behave decently.
Major DiM

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 pm

DiM wrote:wow an actual post where you didn't curse. your tone is still something you should work on but you're on the right track. baby steps and who knows, maybe in the future you'll actually behave decently.

I think something similar could be said about you, DiM...

At any rate, this needs to stop. It's obnoxious and not helping this map's production.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Needs more impassables,
Brigadier ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby natty dread on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:41 pm

DiM wrote:maybe in the future you'll actually behave decently.

Oh yeah, that's pretty much my life goal.

Are you telling me that you have no such aspirations?

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
DiM wrote:wow an actual post where you didn't curse. your tone is still something you should work on but you're on the right track. baby steps and who knows, maybe in the future you'll actually behave decently.

I think something similar could be said about you, DiM...

At any rate, this needs to stop. It's obnoxious and not helping this map's production.

-Sully

yes i know i'm not a very pleasant person and that sometimes i'm acting like a jerk but in all the years i've spent on this site i don't think i've ever used the word f*ck or cursed somebody in his face. i think that's the big difference between me and natty. in other aspects we're (regrettably) similar.
Major DiM

Next

Return to Recycling Box