Clash of Kings - [14.03.14] - V18.1 - Pg 1&16

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clash of Kings [10.Feb.12] - 1v1 map - V10 - p1&9

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:On a semi-related note, will this solution work for the manual issue in Conquership too?

It should. That I believe is a Sully or natty question.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby natty dread on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Um, I'm not up to date with the specifics. What exactly is the manual issue in conquership?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Not sure I like the terrain, it looks a little sketchy! I think you definitely need to touch it up a bit!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Gillipig wrote:Not sure I like the terrain, it looks a little sketchy! I think you definitely need to touch it up a bit!

i think you don't know what a sketch is. :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby BadgerJelly on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 am

Gillipig wrote:Not sure I like the terrain, it looks a little sketchy! I think you definitely need to touch it up a bit!

This is easily the best looking map on the site so this is BS.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 pm

For the besieged, you state that all city regions connect to each other. That means I can attack Dock 1 from the Castle right? If so, I don't think you need all the attack arrows within the city.

Other than that, it looks like the bonuses are good, things look pretty much balanced. That said, I'll get Ian to look this over.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby Gillipig on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

DiM wrote:

No need to get defensive DiM ;)! The terrain in this map is not as good as your other maps. You can do better than this! Sure it's not a sketch which is why I said "sketchy" but it doesn't look good enough compared to what I expected. That's the point I was trying to make.

BadgerJelly wrote:his is easily the best looking map on the site so this is BS.

Something you've concluded after carefully examining them all I assume :)!?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

isaiah40 wrote:For the besieged, you state that all city regions connect to each other. That means I can attack Dock 1 from the Castle right? If so, I don't think you need all the attack arrows within the city.

Other than that, it looks like the bonuses are good, things look pretty much balanced. That said, I'll get Ian to look this over.

yeah, sorry that line of text with "all city regions..." was supposed to be deleted when i added the connections inside the city :)

so the connections in the city are the ones that have to be taken into account.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:19 am

Gillipig wrote:
DiM wrote:

No need to get defensive DiM ;)! The terrain in this map is not as good as your other maps. You can do better than this! Sure it's not a sketch which is why I said "sketchy" but it doesn't look good enough compared to what I expected. That's the point I was trying to make.

it's not about being defensive. it's just that sketchy is completely opposite of what this is. you could have said something like "this doesn't seem to be as detailed as your other maps" or "you should try and add more landscape features".

anyway, the map is detailed enough and it also has plenty of landscape features for an area this size. in fact it might even have too man.
it's rather unrealistic to have in such a small area a lake, some hills, a river, a gulf, cliffs, sea, beach and forests.
i could have easily made sea on one side and plain on the other and it would still have been very realistic.
if i start adding mountains volcanoes, marshes and swamps and who knows what else it will look bad.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:20 am

BadgerJelly wrote:

This is easily the best looking map on the site so this is BS.

thanks.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:22 am

V11:
*removed the "all city terits connect..." from the legend
*changed tents to camps in the legend
*connected dock 3 to quarter 2 instead of church to prevent a rush to the castle
*connected church to quarter 2.

Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by DiM on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major DiM

Re: Clash of Kings [25.Feb.12] - 1v1 map - V11 - p1&10

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:43 am

Balloon is still misspelled in the legend ;)

Another thing, the ships look slightly blurry for some reason... Is there any way to make them more crisp, like the artilleries and towers are?

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:51 am

natty dread wrote:Balloon is still misspelled in the legend ;)

i keep forgetting that.

natty dread wrote:Another thing, the ships look slightly blurry for some reason... Is there any way to make them more crisp, like the artilleries and towers are?

it's the mist of the ocean not blurriness :)

i'll fix them.

edit// fixed in the previous image.
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 am

Yeah, they look better now.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Very cool looking map. One suggestion I have is to consider adding some sort of indicator to the legends at the top, which groups components together in bullets, since that is essentially what they are.

Not unlike what natty dread did in his (smaller / more limited) Eurasia map legend perhaps: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=159163&start=675#p3615230

Keep up the good work.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 am

Looks like Dim's Photobucket went over the limit!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Captain Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:17 pm

should i get started on the small? are there any gameplay concerns that involve graphic changes?
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm

DiM, one last GP point. Right now, round 3 nukes is going to be giving wins to the attackers as the castle is only a single territ. You have two tents so it is not a problem for the attackers. Any chance you could even it out by making the castle twice as big and have the 5 from quarter 1 as the castles second 5. Be a shame to lose a game in round 3.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 pm

koontz1973 wrote:DiM, one last GP point. Right now, round 3 nukes is going to be giving wins to the attackers as the castle is only a single territ. You have two tents so it is not a problem for the attackers. Any chance you could even it out by making the castle twice as big and have the 5 from quarter 1 as the castles second 5. Be a shame to lose a game in round 3.

fair point. i'll make quarter 2 neutral and make the castle in 2 terits.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm

V12:
*changed the castle to 2 terits
*transformed one quarter into a neutral inn
*changed the legend accordingly
*spelling in the legend.

Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Re: Clash of Kings [19.Mar.12] - 1v1 map - V12 - p1&11

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 am

DiM, right now, red has a way to advance all 5 of his troop sets without tripping over themselves. Blue cannot do this. With the 3 lots of 5 at the back now, they can only get into the fight by one territ (market). This gives the attackers a big advantage when it comes to expanding into there bonus areas. Can you change the arrow between Quarter 1 and market to Q1 and Mill. This will allow blue to move 2 of his 5s into the fight quicker.

As for the castles yard, can you make the walls bigger so the territ sits in the yard? Also, call it courtyard.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby Gillipig on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:57 am

Nice with a map where you only have to plan for one type of game :). But it also means it has to be perfect for that type of game! Hopefully we'll see a lot of 1v1 tourneys on this map :).
I noticed that some arrows cross over the ships territory labels. It looks a little messy. The arrow between Ship 1 and Assault ship 2 could be lowered a bit. The arrow between Base Ship 2 and Supply ship 2 crosses a letter. So does the arrow between Supply ship 1 and 2. If you remove the line where they cross the banner it would look better.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:40 pm

V13:
*tweaked some attack/bombardment arroows
*moved some connections
*increased the size of the castle
*changed yard to court yard

Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Re: Clash of Kings [08.Apr.12] - 1v1 map - V13 - p1&11

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Great work DiM. Surprised you have left it this long for the update though.

Can we get a stamp for this man so he can do the small. Please.

Re: Clash of Kings [08.Apr.12] - 1v1 map - V13 - p1&11

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Great work DiM. Surprised you have left it this long for the update though.

Can we get a stamp for this man so he can do the small. Please.

i've 99% given up on the foundry.
if it weren't for the work i've put in the maps i have active i'd simply bin them and be done with it.
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Map Foundry