Clash of Kings - [14.03.14] - V18.1 - Pg 1&16

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby natty dread on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah, it's the same thing when I made the Age of Steam maps, and later on found out there was a railway board game named Age of Steam somewhere. I asked the admin if I have to change it, but just a coincidental name is not enough to be a copyright infringement.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Shouldn't the Castle be 10 to match the 5+5 of the Camps?

Actually, it might need to be even more. Balloon & Assassins aside, it is 7 territories away to annihilate both enemy camps, but only 5 to annihilate the castle.

I still think each Base Ship needs to attack a different Supply Ship as well. The 4 quarters can individually attack a tower or dock and quickly move on to the enemy, while only one base ship can attack a supply ship and all three can attack the landing point - which is still 3 territories away from attacking your opponent (unlike the towers).

Not only is it bottle-necked on either side of your primary starting positions, but the blue side has a big advantage early on to use all their forces. Whereas red's first turn is pretty much useless. They attack the landing point or supply ship and then reinforce. Meanwhile blue might already be on top of your artillery.

Red is further handicapped by having two camps to the one castle. Though Red only needs to defend one camp, that other 5 troops is set far back from the front lines, whereas - again - blue can use all 4 of its quarters simultaneously.

If you make it one camp and give red a force closer to the artillery, then make more connections between Base Ships and supply ships, that will help some.

Also, it isn't clear in the legend that you can only receive bonuses for your side. (i.e. blue can't get a red ship bonus)
User avatar
Lieutenant lostatlimbo
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:03 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:Shouldn't the Castle be 10 to match the 5+5 of the Camps?

Actually, it might need to be even more. Balloon & Assassins aside, it is 7 territories away to annihilate both enemy camps, but only 5 to annihilate the castle.


each player starts with 25 troops split over 5 terits. it impossible to attack the castle or the 2 camps in round 1 so it really does not matter if the castle starts with 5 or 10 because you can't reach it. and by the time you're able to reach it the other player has plenty of turns to protect it.

lostatlimbo wrote:I still think each Base Ship needs to attack a different Supply Ship as well. The 4 quarters can individually attack a tower or dock and quickly move on to the enemy, while only one base ship can attack a supply ship and all three can attack the landing point - which is still 3 territories away from attacking your opponent (unlike the towers).
Not only is it bottle-necked on either side of your primary starting positions, but the blue side has a big advantage early on to use all their forces. Whereas red's first turn is pretty much useless. They attack the landing point or supply ship and then reinforce. Meanwhile blue might already be on top of your artillery.


will do.

lostatlimbo wrote:Red is further handicapped by having two camps to the one castle. Though Red only needs to defend one camp, that other 5 troops is set far back from the front lines, whereas - again - blue can use all 4 of its quarters simultaneously.

If you make it one camp and give red a force closer to the artillery, then make more connections between Base Ships and supply ships, that will help some.


adding more connections in the red area will result in a lot of clutter.
i think the best solution would be to remove blue's ability to attack any terit within city limits and just add some connections there. this way blue won't be able to use all his troops at once and he'll have to travel a bit to the artillery.

lostatlimbo wrote:Also, it isn't clear in the legend that you can only receive bonuses for your side. (i.e. blue can't get a red ship bonus)


i'll mention it
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby BadgerJelly on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:31 am

This this awesome. How far along is it?
User avatar
Private BadgerJelly
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby zimmah on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:49 am

BadgerJelly wrote:This this awesome. How far along is it?


early development, it doesn't even has stamps yet. :lol:
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby BadgerJelly on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:53 am

Looks ready to roll to me :)

How did you get look for land on map? What program do you use? Is it free?
I'm using GIMP myself.
User avatar
Private BadgerJelly
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby natty dread on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:48 am

Baloon -> Balloon
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:26 am

Hm, for the name, there's nothing on the map that really has to do anything with kings. Perhaps a back story is in order? Or else you could simple call the map "Besiege", though I rather like the "Clash of Kings" logo. Let me know if you want a back story, DiM, I'm sure I could whip one up ;)

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:59 am

zimmah wrote:
BadgerJelly wrote:This this awesome. How far along is it?


early development, it doesn't even has stamps yet. :lol:


as zimmah said it's still early.
the foundry is a long and slow process. we'll see this live in a few months
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby zimmah on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 am

BadgerJelly wrote:Looks ready to roll to me :)

How did you get look for land on map? What program do you use? Is it free?
I'm using GIMP myself.


i'm pretty sure he's a photoshop user.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:09 am

BadgerJelly wrote:Looks ready to roll to me :)

How did you get look for land on map? What program do you use? Is it free?
I'm using GIMP myself.


most of my maps look ready to roll because i don't like posting rough drafts i try to make the graphics as close to the final product as possible. however there's still a lot of fine tuning plus the gameplay tweaks.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:14 am

BadgerJelly wrote:Looks ready to roll to me :)

How did you get look for land on map? What program do you use? Is it free?
I'm using GIMP myself.


i'm using photoshop cs5.1 extended.
it's normally a lot of money but if you know where to look it is free :twisted:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:16 am

natty_dread wrote:Baloon -> Balloon


spelling nazi :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:18 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Hm, for the name, there's nothing on the map that really has to do anything with kings. Perhaps a back story is in order? Or else you could simple call the map "Besiege", though I rather like the "Clash of Kings" logo. Let me know if you want a back story, DiM, I'm sure I could whip one up ;)

-Sully



yeah, i guess a short story could help set the atmosphere better :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 pm

DiM wrote:
lostatlimbo wrote:Also, it isn't clear in the legend that you can only receive bonuses for your side. (i.e. blue can't get a red ship bonus)


i'll mention it


any suggestions on how i should word this in the legend?

also the "there's no bonus for number of terits" doesn't sound too clear. could use some help with that also.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [29.Dec.11] - 1v1 map - V3 - p1&2

Postby DiM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:18 pm

V4:
*legend text tweaks,
*added paths in the besieged area
*added some more paths between the boats
*moved some terit names around
*spelling

who do i have to bribe to get this moved to the main? :mrgreen:

Click image to enlarge.
image
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Looking good
User avatar
Lieutenant lostatlimbo
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 pm

i think this pretty much meets the requirements for a main foundry move.... 8-[
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Could the 3rd Artillery bombard the Supply Caravan back?

Seems like if you were trying to take a castle by siege, you would want to cut off their supply too.

I'm not sure if that would improve gameplay or not, but I'm a stickler for story. :)
User avatar
Lieutenant lostatlimbo
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:Could the 3rd Artillery bombard the Supply Caravan back?

Seems like if you were trying to take a castle by siege, you would want to cut off their supply too.

I'm not sure if that would improve gameplay or not, but I'm a stickler for story. :)


realism-wise it'd make a whole lot more sense for an attacker to attack a supply caravan then vice versa but gameplay wise i'm not so sure.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 pm

zimmah wrote:
lostatlimbo wrote:Could the 3rd Artillery bombard the Supply Caravan back?

Seems like if you were trying to take a castle by siege, you would want to cut off their supply too.

I'm not sure if that would improve gameplay or not, but I'm a stickler for story. :)


realism-wise it'd make a whole lot more sense for an attacker to attack a supply caravan then vice versa but gameplay wise i'm not so sure.


you're both right :)

realism-wise the attacker would have huge forces and even get reinforcements while the defender would slowly starve until defeated or until it surrenders. but as we all know gameplay trumps realism. if i were to make this as realistic as possible the defender would probably have to lose the game each and every time :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 pm

DiM wrote:
zimmah wrote:
lostatlimbo wrote:Could the 3rd Artillery bombard the Supply Caravan back?

Seems like if you were trying to take a castle by siege, you would want to cut off their supply too.

I'm not sure if that would improve gameplay or not, but I'm a stickler for story. :)


realism-wise it'd make a whole lot more sense for an attacker to attack a supply caravan then vice versa but gameplay wise i'm not so sure.


you're both right :)

realism-wise the attacker would have huge forces and even get reinforcements while the defender would slowly starve until defeated or until it surrenders. but as we all know gameplay trumps realism. if i were to make this as realistic as possible the defender would probably have to lose the game each and every time :lol:



and games would take months/years. oh wait, some games do.

but ye, you can only go so far with realism.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby BadgerJelly on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 am

This si the first map in a in ages I cannot wait for!!
User avatar
Private BadgerJelly
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:16 am

As interesting as this looks, the image doesn't need to be quite so big IMO.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Clash of Kings [01.Jan.12] - 1v1 map - V4 - p1&3

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:00 am

ManBungalow wrote:As interesting as this looks, the image doesn't need to be quite so big IMO.

I think I tend to agree with ManB.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25539
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Map Foundry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login