[Vacation valid untill July 2014] CC: Perth

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Classic Cities: Perth [11.2.12] V04 - new colours + terr

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:46 pm

chapcrap wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
chapcrap wrote:As far as the background goes, if people haven't been following along, I doubt they could even tell that it supposed to be a city landscape. I don't know how koontz thinks it fits just because there is water on the map.

And what about the sea routes?

What about the sea routes? I'm sorry but i am really not a mind reader chapcrap. What are you trying to say here.
chapcrap wrote:It seems to me like the borders need a lot of work. The graphics of the territories just aren't very appealling.

Also, it looks like Perth connects to Fremantle instead of connecting to Rottnest Island. I'm not the biggest fan of the dashed line sea routes. And the abstract city line as the background/side image on the right should go.

Fortunately, you don't have to read minds. It was part of my first post.

As far as the background, you can barely even tell that it's a landscape. That's the problem I have. I don't have a problem with a landscape in general, just the one that is used. It just looks like a messy blob of colors.

In the bottom right corner it says Ferry Service connects Perth to Fremantle, Rottnest Island and Sorrent(o :oops: )
You don't like the dashed lines...so i was thinking that there was some other issue with the sea routes.
The wording needs changing, so what would you prefer to see there as a viable alternative that would better decribe this situation?

It would be most helpful if you have something to compalin about, then raise the issue but provide your alternative, particularly with wording.
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, I would use a thinner line for the sea routes and make it a line instead of dashes. If Perth and Rottnest connect by ferry, why do they need to connect by airport as well? I was looking for a little clarification there. Does Perth border Sorrento by ferry as well? And Freemantle border Sorrento? That's what the wording says, but the routes do not really show that. They show Perth-->Freemantle-->Rottnest-->Sorrento
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 pm

chapcrap wrote:Well, I would use a thinner line for the sea routes and make it a line instead of dashes.

a line? OK, i was thinking i would put in docks.

If Perth and Rottnest connect by ferry, why do they need to connect by airport as well? I was looking for a little clarification there.

It's actually Perth Airport that connects with Rottnest Island by air. Perth and Perth airport are several moves away from each other.
This could lead to someone holding Rottnest Island and being strategic by attacking 4 terrtories.

[quote}Does Perth border Sorrento by ferry as well? And Freemantle border Sorrento? That's what the wording says, but the routes do not really show that. They show Perth-->Freemantle-->Rottnest-->Sorrento[/quote]
I've been looking at this obviouslysince being raised...
Ferries should connect
* Fremantle with Perth bothways
* Fremantle with Rottnest Is. Both ways
* Sorrento with Rottnest Is. both ways.
I will place this into the next map.
Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:03 am

Docks would be a much better solution, especially if they all border.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 pm

chapcrap wrote:Docks would be a much better solution, especially if they all border.

I'll esnure to have them on the next PS version :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

Concerning this mpa, i am currently working in taking the project in PS, so it will be my first full map in PS, so that i can expand the learning curve. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Per mapmakers request, this is now on vacation. [MOVED]
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: [Vacation - valid until Sept 2012] Classic Cities: Perth

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 am

The six months of vacation has expired, for this reason this topic is now labeled as [Abandoned]. If the original mapmaker wants to continue this map project an update must be provided. From this moment anyone else is free to take this project without the original mapmaker permission, but it has to be started from the scratch.

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: [Abandoned] - Classic Cities: Perth

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm woorking on this one again, for the aussies...so it will become unabandoned in the next day or so.
Conversion to PS5 :)
Private cairnswk

Re: Classic Cities: Perth - V6

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Update...V6...taken into PS5.

There are a few trees and sand dunes added for impassables....but further gameplay discussion will sort out more.

Private cairnswk

Re: CC: Perth [25.11.13] - V7 P4 - Gameplay

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Version 7.
the addition of train lines...
change planes to helicopters
additions of ferry to Cavensham on the Swan Valley

Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I've made two updates in 2 days, and still this hasn't been moved.
Is the foundry now totally defunct?
Private cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Sorry cairns - Missed this, so now it is officially [MOVED]! :D
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Sorry cairns - Missed this, so now it is officially [MOVED]! :D

Thank-you isaiah40...now all we need is feedback ;)
Private cairnswk

Postby sannemanrobinson on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 am

Great looking map as always.

The bonusses take some effort to identify. Maybe the swans could be ordered in the same composition as the map? This might concentrate them on the bottom right corner. Bonus of 4 for Melville could be 3, as there are 3 boundaries.
Major sannemanrobinson

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:00 pm

sannemanrobinson wrote:Great looking map as always.
thank-you sannerman :)
The bonusses take some effort to identify. Maybe the swans could be ordered in the same composition as the map? This might concentrate them on the bottom right corner. [/quote]
Yes i will re-order them next update.

Bonus of 4 for Melville could be 3, as there are 3 boundaries.

Territories (4) Number of Defending Territories (4) Number of Attacking Territories (7) Number of Neighbours (5)

sannerman...the bonus calculator we use shows the above for a bonus of 4. :)
personally i think i think you'd need at least 4 to help keep the region.
Private cairnswk

Postby sannemanrobinson on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:59 am

cairnswk wrote:Territories (4) Number of Defending Territories (4) Number of Attacking Territories (7) Number of Neighbours (5)

sannerman...the bonus calculator we use shows the above for a bonus of 4. :)
personally i think i think you'd need at least 4 to help keep the region.

Okay it will work. By the way it is a similar situation as the Cambridge bonus (3 defending territories).

Fremantle on the swan = N. Frementle on the map.
Major sannemanrobinson

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:45 pm

sannemanrobinson wrote:...
Okay it will work. By the way it is a similar situation as the Cambridge bonus (3 defending territories).

Yes some bonuses will probably change fi the map makes it to the gameplay stage :)

Fremantle on the swan = N. Frementle on the map.

Fremantle is two territories...Fremantle and N. Fremantle...linked by that little white bridge.
Private cairnswk

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Love this map thus far.

I don't see a unit circle on N Freemantle.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:37 am

dolomite13 wrote:Love this map thus far.

I don't see a unit circle on N Freemantle.

=D13=

Yeh, dolomite...it's under the 3n
Private cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:10 am

I believe this has been here long enough!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank-you isaiah40 :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:51 pm

I'd like to hear if players think the rail lines are absolutely necessary....i am in two minds about them :?
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:46 am

cairnswk wrote:I'd like to hear if players think the rail lines are absolutely necessary....i am in two minds about them :?

I would remove them. They are not adding anything to this one. I would even go as far as to remove the helicopters as well for the same reason.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:24 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:I'd like to hear if players think the rail lines are absolutely necessary....i am in two minds about them :?

I would remove them. They are not adding anything to this one. I would even go as far as to remove the helicopters as well for the same reason.

Can you elaborate on that decision koontz?
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box