[Vacation - valid until Dec 2013] Escape [19/5] Pages 1/9

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Escape [26/8] V3 P1

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:50 pm

The security guards are all eaten, zombies or a survivor. Take your pick.

Would you like names for the survivors. In the back story say that only a certain group survived?
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Escape [26/8] V3 P1

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:44 am

Version 3.
Click image to enlarge.

Increased size to max. 840/800. Will reduce when all rules are finalised.
Went through each section to make sure doors, weapons work.
Finished of furniture in all rooms.
Changed some bonuses. Removed others.
Added zombie.

All conditional rooms should now start neutral but the idea of trapping an opponent in one or even a team mate should make it more interesting for the larger games.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Re: Escape [28/8] V3 P1/2

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:49 am

Lol ... what if everyone gets trapped?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:58 am

thehippo8 wrote:Lol ... what if everyone gets trapped?

:lol:
Someone has to trap them so not everyone can be. But if 7 are trapped, one player goes around picking them off one at a time.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 am

koontz1973 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Lol ... what if everyone gets trapped?

:lol:
Someone has to trap them so not everyone can be. But if 7 are trapped, one player goes around picking them off one at a time.

Ya ... but what if you get a super unlucky drop!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 am

You cannot drop on the cards or behind the doors. Cards are neutral starts and behind the doors are the guns etc which are also neutral starts.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:11 am

I like it. I would definitely play this.

Did you get rid of the bullets doubling any gun bonuses? I thought that was pretty cool. I suppose a more realistic way would be to add more bullets to the map and make it to where you have to hold 1 gun and 1 bullets to have a bonus, like a +2 or so. But that may make it harder to acquire a bonus. Just some thoughts.
Major tkr4lf

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 am

tkr, not got rid of it but just going through a redraw of the legend to get all of the rules in place. You are right about the bullets and guns and this can be done (will be done). Will do it as a expanding bonus as well, more bullets, more bonus.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby deantursx on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:17 am

This looks awesome Koontz. You're quickly becoming my favorite mapmaker...(So pumped for Labyrinth too!)

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 pm

koontz1973 wrote:tkr, not got rid of it but just going through a redraw of the legend to get all of the rules in place. You are right about the bullets and guns and this can be done (will be done). Will do it as a expanding bonus as well, more bullets, more bonus.

Right on.

Regarding the bonuses, an idea I have is to reduce the number of guns you have on there currently. Maybe only have one type of gun, and only have like 3-5 of them (or some small number), but have lots of bullets around (like twice as many as you have guns). This would make it more of a survival scenario where it's a rush to get a weapon, since without a weapon, you're pretty defenseless against zombies. Plus, it would make those fights over the guns pretty intense knowing that without one, you can't have a bonus, well, other than terit count bonuses/region bonuses, etc. I don't know, that probably wouldn't make the map so balanced, it just sounds like fun.

No matter what you decide to do with the bonuses, I'm looking forward to this one. Great idea for a creative use of the conditional borders!

On the note of conditional borders, perhaps somebody could take up that Bank Robbery map that was on here a long time ago. That would probably work well with conditional borders.
Major tkr4lf

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 am

deantursx wrote:This looks awesome Koontz. You're quickly becoming my favorite mapmaker...(So pumped for Labyrinth too!)

Thanks dean.
tkr4lf wrote:Right on.

Regarding the bonuses, an idea I have is to reduce the number of guns you have on there currently. Maybe only have one type of gun, and only have like 3-5 of them (or some small number), but have lots of bullets around (like twice as many as you have guns). This would make it more of a survival scenario where it's a rush to get a weapon, since without a weapon, you're pretty defenseless against zombies. Plus, it would make those fights over the guns pretty intense knowing that without one, you can't have a bonus, well, other than terit count bonuses/region bonuses, etc. I don't know, that probably wouldn't make the map so balanced, it just sounds like fun.

No matter what you decide to do with the bonuses, I'm looking forward to this one. Great idea for a creative use of the conditional borders!

About the guns, I think I have the right amount of them now. As for having only one type, that might happen depending on how complex this map gets in the end. Need to add more bullets but do not want to saturate the map with them.

Bonuses are now in place. I know they might seem funny, but they need to be adjusted later in GP section. Will explain that to the GP mods when in that part of the foundry.
Added winning condition.
added losing condition.
Added text on cards (double door).
Decays for rooms added.
Lowered decay for hallways to 2.
Click image to enlarge.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Escape [1/9] V4 P1/2

Postby sannemanrobinson on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:43 am

What is the space between Test Area 1 and Lab 2? If it is not a territory then the doors can be more close together.

The legend mentions closets connect via secret passage but I don't see them on the map. Can you make a symbol for them to make them more recognizable?
Major sannemanrobinson

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 am

So for your new bonuses, I'm kind of confused.

The way it's listed, it seems like most of the bonuses depend on holding either the Administrator's Office, the Head of Security Office or the Head Scientist's Office.

Is it like this:
Hold Administrator's Office and:
-2 managers +2
-3 secretaries +3
-etc.

As in, for all of the bonuses listed under "Hold Administrator's Office and", you have to hold the administrator's office to activate that bonus, or does the "Hold Administrator's Office only apply to the first one listed, the 2 managers for +2?

It's not quite clear on which way it is. I mean, it looks like it is that way, that you must hold the administrator's/head of security's/head scientist's office to activate any of those bonuses, but like I said, not entirely clear about it.

Perhaps there is a better way to organize that or state it so that it's perfectly clear that that is what you mean. Or if you don't mean that, then some way to make that clear as well.

Overall though, I like what you've done with this update. The losing condition is a nice touch. I like the gun bonuses. You say that gun bonuses expand with each bullets icon you hold, but don't say how much it expands by. Does it double for each additional bullets you hold, or go up by 1, or something else? Might be good to explain that in the legend.

Everything else looks good for now. I like the furniture in each room, that's a cool touch. You may want to bring back the small bit of info in the legend explaining that Lab 2 connects directly to Test Area 1 through the double doors, as I can see how it could be confusing.

Keep it up, koontz. I'm ready to play this one already!
Major tkr4lf

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:What is the space between Test Area 1 and Lab 2? If it is not a territory then the doors can be more close together.

The legend mentions closets connect via secret passage but I don't see them on the map. Can you make a symbol for them to make them more recognizable?

Forget about the secret passage symbol, it reads that the closets connect, I believe that is self explanatory. Besides they are SECRET passages, if you saw them they wouldn't be secret now would they?? :lol:
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:03 am

tkr, in no way are the bonuses set in stone yet, but let me try to explain what I want and see if you or anyone else can come up with a way of doing it.

I want 3 types of bonuses.
Type 1. Icon bonuses like the guns and bullets.
Type 2. Normal continent bonuses (Hold 3 admin +2)
Type 3. Activation bonuses. These are the ones you picked up on. Hold the Administrators office/head of security office/head scientist office to activate a bonus. All 3 will have bonuses aimed at them. Like the administrators office and 3 secretaries.

So what I need to do is find a way to balance these bonuses for the 3 distinct areas (imagine 3 different maps) and then combine them into one map and balance them all again.

Type 1 bonuses are the easiest ones to do and are pretty good IMO at the moment but I do need to change the wording in the expanding part. Right now it is unclear. What I need it to say is this.
Gun(pistol) + bullet = bonus.+1
2 guns the same(pistols) + bullet = same bonus.+1
1 gun + 2 bullets = double previous bonus.+2
2 different guns (pistol and shotgun) + one bullet = both bonuses.+3
2 different guns + two bullets = double both bonuses.+6
With a max of a double bonus. I hope this will lead players to ignore bullets and allow another player to grab them, thus allowing players to have to fight all over the board for things they do no need.

Type 2 bonuses have been started but need to add a lot more. These will be very low bonuses (+1 or 2).
Type 3 will be the higher bonuses (+3/4 or 5) depending on how far apart they are.

isaiah40 wrote:
sannemanrobinson wrote:What is the space between Test Area 1 and Lab 2? If it is not a territory then the doors can be more close together.

Forget about the secret passage symbol, it reads that the closets connect, I believe that is self explanatory. Besides they are SECRET passages, if you saw them they wouldn't be secret now would they?? :lol:

Icon no, but I will put a small black square (outline only) into each closet. Just noticed there is no furniture in closet 2 so will add as well.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box