Every mapmaker starts with a clean record.
We've set a scale of 5 steps, each step determines a disciplinary action.
- 1st Abandoned Map - Informal Warning and a spanking
2nd Abandoned Map - Official Warning
3rd Abandoned Map - 3 months of ban from starting any new map project having the same role that the mapmaker had in the production of the previously abandoned map.
4th Abandoned Map - 6 months of ban from starting any new map project without taking into consideration the role that the mapmaker had in the production of the previously abandoned map.
5th Abandoned Map - Permanent ban from mapmaking
Steps on the ladder system are not definitive, infact as every mapmaker can move up to the next step for each abandoned map project, he can also move back to a previous one for each completed map.
But be careful because there're two important things to bear in mind:
- Mapmakers can not use any previous quenched map project to avoid a future disciplinary action.
- If a mapmaker reaches the 5th step of this ladder system there's no way to go back. Permanent banning is definitive.
- If you don't have time for a project and it's a temporary thing, you can use vacation.
- Cartographers always apply the vacation status on a map when it's moved into the bin. So, from that moment you will have 6 additional months to "save" your map.
- Uncommon or extraordinary situations will be evaluated case by case.
- The Cartographer that oversees the Abandoned Maps policy is thenobodies80