Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Chess

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Chess (2/6/10) [D, GP, GR, FF]

Postby john9blue on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

n00blet wrote:The question about the pawn brought up another question for clarification for me: the long range-pieces can one-way attack any of the squares it reaches right? For example, the black bishop on G4 borders F3, F5, H5, and F5, and can one-way attack E2, D1, and E6?

Yep.

mudfighter wrote:Nice work, I am really interested in this map.

I have seen the thread the first time, so I am sorry if I should repeat this points.

I think the king as the most important figure should have a higher autodeploy than the other figures.
And I think it is really complicated that you have to conquer two squares before you can conquer an adjacent figure of the same colour adn it's easier to get an opposing figure on the other side of the board.

Keep up the good work!

+3 for a single territory is a LOT. I made pawns +1 because there are a lot of them and they are the worst piece. Everything else is +2 because it's easy and simple, and this map is already kind of complex. :?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby n00blet on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 pm

john9blue wrote:
n00blet wrote:The question about the pawn brought up another question for clarification for me: the long range-pieces can one-way attack any of the squares it reaches right? For example, the black bishop on G4 borders F3, F5, H5, and F5, and can one-way attack E2, D1, and E6?

Yep.
Yay! Congratulations!
This map has now 100% received the:

------n---0----0---b---l---e---t------
--------stamp of approval----------
Captain n00blet

Postby yeti_c on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 am

Have you posted in here?

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=50034

Can we see images with the numbers overlaid?

www.conquerclub.com/mapmaker/

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

Hmm, actually I'm beginning if the attack rules could be explained slightly more clearly? Or at least change the order around so you know what you CAN attack before being told what you CANNOT. Make sense?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby n00blet on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 pm

So.........?
Captain n00blet

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Hmmm :-k

No response from the mapmaker in over a month... I know I've been slack on keeping up to date, but there isn;t anything to keep up to date with :-k

john9blue, we could really do with some updated images, and your thoughts on the most recent feedback...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby john9blue on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm alive... my spring break is soon and I will finish this during that week. The maps and XML should be fully functional so I think it's a matter of finishing the paperwork so to speak, and maybe rewriting the instructions.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby n00blet on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Yeahhhhhhh
Captain n00blet

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:35 am

john9blue wrote:I'm alive... my spring break is soon and I will finish this during that week. The maps and XML should be fully functional so I think it's a matter of finishing the paperwork so to speak, and maybe rewriting the instructions.

Until then, I'm afraid I've got to put this back on vacation :-(
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby 00iCon on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 pm

"2007-2010" below the title seems unnecessary
Corporal 1st Class 00iCon

Postby FlyingSquirrel on Sat May 22, 2010 9:59 pm

If you'll pardon me for borrowing your board (and pardon my horrific graphics skills) I like your chess game, and I think there's room for more than one chess map. What I was thinking of was more of a beginning-game setup, where all the pieces were still on the board.

Areas which did not have pieces on them would be divided into regions, and you would earn a bonus for controlling a region of the board with no chess pieces on it. There would be no bonus for controlling individual pieces. All chess pieces would start out as neutral armies (1 for pawn, 3 for bishop or knight, 5 for rook, 9 for queen and 40 for king.) Once you took over a piece, your armies on that square would be restricted to the attacking moves possible from that square. The object would be to take all pieces of a color except the king; or, just the king and queen together.

Armies on empty squares would attack up, down, and diagonally one square (like a king). Adjacent shaded regions could attack each other diagonally.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Cadet FlyingSquirrel

Postby john9blue on Sat May 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Frick, I need to finish this map.

Squirrel, I'd be happy to help with the graphics as long as I get credit on the map. You may want to make sure the gameplay is hammered out first though. Also I don't know how the Foundry higher ups would feel about using the EXACT same board as this one, as well as having another map with the exact same theme. I wish you luck though.
Captain john9blue

Postby n00blet on Sun May 23, 2010 12:48 am

john9blue wrote:Frick, I need to finish this map.
Damn straight. Get on it! :D
Captain n00blet

Previous

Return to Recycling Box