Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Dark Age Britain

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dark Age Britain. Map updated 15/5 Pg 15. [I]

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 pm

A full frame may be what you have to end up going with for the castles.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby TaCktiX on Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 pm

The borders: perfect.

I would like to suggest again that you add a comma after "But beware," as it adds to the narrative instructions you're giving there.

I'm going to agree with Andy, you don't have much choice but to make it a full wood frame. Either that or take smaller, less "breach-worthy" pieces out of the border.

The continent bonuses don't seem to go in any particular order, making it hard for me to match them up at first glance. Is there an order I'm missing?
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby edbeard on Tue May 20, 2008 11:32 pm

I dunno. I had an easier time before. I don't think this issue is solved in either version though.

Maybe go back to the old style, but include stray colours in the middle of territories. The old borders looked like they were drawn with a crayon. So maybe just have some squigglies like you're going to fill in the rest later.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby oaktown on Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 pm

here's an easy fix to the castle-attack question: change the legend to read "Attack Castle Gates from the territory within which they lie." By adding "Gates" you are being more specific; by changing "it" to "they" you are maintaining the plural subject throughout, by changing "through" to "from" you are more accurately representing the action, and by changing the word order you remove the preposition from the end of the sentence.

Hmmm... who teaches middle school english? 8-[
Captain oaktown

Postby Telvannia on Fri May 23, 2008 4:15 am

TaCktiX wrote:I would like to suggest again that you add a comma after "But beware," as it adds to the narrative instructions you're giving there.

That will be added when i rearrange the legend for oaktown.

TaCktiX wrote:IThe continent bonuses don't seem to go in any particular order, making it hard for me to match them up at first glance. Is there an order I'm missing?

There was an order but it got lost when i was rearranging everything, i will try to set up a suitable order.

edbeard wrote:Maybe go back to the old style, but include stray colours in the middle of territories. The old borders looked like they were drawn with a crayon. So maybe just have some squigglies like you're going to fill in the rest later.

I could make rough look coloured in if that is what you mean...

oaktown wrote:here's an easy fix to the castle-attack question: change the legend to read "Attack Castle Gates from the territory within which they lie." By adding "Gates" you are being more specific; by changing "it" to "they" you are maintaining the plural subject throughout, by changing "through" to "from" you are more accurately representing the action, and by changing the word order you remove the preposition from the end of the sentence.

That should solve the problem, will correct my terrible english in the legend.

oaktown wrote:Hmmm... who teaches middle school english? 8-[

Being english i dont go to a middle school, but my english is terrible, i have no sense of grammer, and can only spell because of my spell check :lol: But that neither here, nor there.

Do people think i should change the legend/title to have wooden borders, or there current look?
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Hm, regarding the legend and title having a border...I suppose I'm indifferent...though maybe I just slightly lean more toward some sort of frame for them both.

oaktown wrote:Hmmm... who teaches middle school english? 8-[

:) This just goes to show the wide and reaching depths of knowledge the C.A.'s contain. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby TaCktiX on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:40 pm

So when are we getting a new update?

Postby Telvannia on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:59 am

TaCktiX wrote:So when are we getting a new update?

Sorry i started work on siege 2 and my exams came along, so this was driven out of my mind and i completely forgot about this.

I will try and do an update asap.

Postby Telvannia on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:58 am

Here we are, new legend bits.

Click image to enlarge.

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:41 am

Small legend edit: they reset at the beginning of the holding player's turn.

Postby Telvannia on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:49 am

oh right, i dont think i have played a map with killer neutrals, so i was not sure. Thanks for correcting me.

Re: Dark Age Britain. Map updated 15/5 Pg 15. [I][Abandoned??]

Postby oaktown on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Last edited by Telvannia on Thu May 15, 2008 11:04 am, edited 25 times in total.

You're coming up on three months without an update, telvania, and in the interest of keeping the Foundry clean we'd like to move maps that sit that long. If you don't think you'll be back at this soon, I'm going to [vacation] tag it and put it in the Scrap Heap (from which it can re-emerge at your request).
Captain oaktown

Postby Telvannia on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:14 pm

It was actually updated in june (several posts above you) i forgot to edit the first post though.

But i think this will have to go on vacation for now, i will come back to it some time.

Postby oaktown on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:01 am

Telvannia wrote:It was actually updated in june (several posts above you) i forgot to edit the first post though.

But i think this will have to go on vacation for now, i will come back to it some time.

Ok, two months... I'll vacation it and put in the Heap, but it'll be stickied. Let me know when you want to pull it out.
Captain oaktown

Previous

Return to Recycling Box