[Abandoned] - Dark Age Britain

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Abandoned] - Dark Age Britain

Postby Telvannia on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 am

Sorry about the lack of an update, my school exams have just started. But im also on study leave, so more free time, but most of it should be taken up with revision.

Click image to enlarge.
image


What You Need To Know
1. Territories - 63
2. Continents - 9 (not including castles)
3. Other Gameplay Features - Decay on the sea territories. Sea territories and manau starting neutral

Changes in this Update
1. Tried to make the castles not look like islands.
2. Moved a few names around
3. Tried to age the borders a bit

To Do List
2.XML


Points to Discuss
1.Do i need to explain internal castle attack routes better?


This is a inter-CWC (Churchill War Cabinet) map idea. With gameplay and XML from the clan, and graphics from me..
Last edited by Telvannia on Thu May 15, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 25 times in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Balsiefen on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:02 am

Ah, good to see you've got it up Tel :D
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 am
Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Dark Age Britian. "V1 (pg 1)"

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 am

looks...... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!


except for the instructions, i cant read them with the lines from the words above each one going through the one below


also, are the bonus' minus? if so then leave the - if not then take it out
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby mibi on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:36 am

great start.
User avatar
Captain mibi
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: The Great State of Vermont
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5)
General Contribution (3)

Re: Dark Age Britian. "V1 (pg 1)"

Postby Telvannia on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:45 am

bryguy wrote:except for the instructions, i cant read them with the lines from the words above each one going through the one below

I will try some different fonts.

bryguy wrote:also, are the bonus' minus? if so then leave the - if not then take it out

the - is just to separate the name and bonus. I will see what other people think.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Telvannia on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Redid the text on the legend. I hope it is clearer now.

Also what do people think of the 'randomly' coloured words, to make out what each special territory is?

Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:02 pm

looking great
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

map

Postby WL_southerner on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:09 pm

like the idea tel, one thing lo, the kingdom of wessex ran from boarders of cornwall up to the river avon though to avebury then along the kennet river to river thames to the north sea, cornwall inclued half of what is now devon
friends :- come and go _ i have loads of them
mates :- go and come back_only have a few
Leatsa, dh'fhàgainnsa...
User avatar
Corporal WL_southerner
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:25 pm
Location: friends :- come and go _ i have loads of them

Postby Unit_2 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:33 pm

i can't see V2 :(
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Unit_2
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Telvannia on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:51 pm

i have reuploaded so any problem will hopefully fixed itself.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Re: map

Postby Balsiefen on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:27 pm

WL_southerner wrote:like the idea tel, one thing lo, the kingdom of wessex ran from boarders of cornwall up to the river avon though to avebury then along the kennet river to river thames to the north sea, cornwall inclued half of what is now devon


That would be my aria. Although if we need to do so for gameplay, we may merge wessex and essex, at the moment it is set in earlier times when wessex only controlled a small aria (i think cornwall was welsh at that time but wessex prob conquered it before moving east) although essex only covered what is called Seaxe on the map, while the rest were independant kingdoms, essex makes a good continent name because the peoples from that aria wew saxons.

What do people think about impassables? A few ideas:

-blockading sci with mountains would make scotland easier to hold.
-How about building Offa's Dyke between mercia and wales as an impassable/1 way attack into wales. It would make mercia easier to hold.
Last edited by Balsiefen on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 am
Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Ogrecrusher on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:30 pm

The colours for the 2 scottish bonuses are too close, maybe swap the colours around a bit?
Colonel Ogrecrusher
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby Balsiefen on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:35 pm

Ogrecrusher wrote:The colours for the 2 scottish bonuses are too close, maybe swap the colours around a bit?


Agreed. Mabye pictland and northumbria
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 am
Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Wow, this looks really cool
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Doin' it for da lulz.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Re: map

Postby Telvannia on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 am

Balsiefen wrote:
WL_southerner wrote:like the idea tel, one thing lo, the kingdom of wessex ran from boarders of cornwall up to the river avon though to avebury then along the kennet river to river thames to the north sea, cornwall inclued half of what is now devon


That would be my aria. Although if we need to do so for gameplay, we may merge wessex and essex, at the moment it is set in earlier times when wessex only controlled a small aria (i think cornwall was welsh at that time but wessex prob conquered it before moving east) although essex only covered what is called Seaxe on the map, while the rest were independant kingdoms, essex makes a good continent name because the peoples from that aria wew saxons.

I will see what other people think about that.

Balsiefen wrote:What do people think about impassables? A few ideas:

-blockading sci with mountains would make scotland easier to hold.
-How about building Offa's Dyke between mercia and wales as an impassable/1 way attack into wales. It would make mercia easier to hold.

The dyke might be not such a good idea. Currently can only attack out that right hand side. so if we made the dyke we would have to add a dock to allow the armies to get to wales, though we could leave clwyd attacked to pec?
It you could up with a list of impassible and an idea of some graphics for them, i will see what i can come up with.


Balsiefen wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:The colours for the 2 scottish bonuses are too close, maybe swap the colours around a bit?


Agreed. Mabye pictland and northumbria

I will see what colours i can come up with.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Recycling Box

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login