Change log for version 7:
- Åland is blue again
- More work on impassable mountains
- Small connection for Öland
- Improved readability of country names
- A north-arrow to make directions clear
- Slight icon change for Laponia
- Did two versions, to test increased light and contrast
Change log for version 8:
- Added a temporary compass to help decide if a compass in that place is better then the north-arrow
- Increased color coding / separation in legend (as per suggestion)
- Softened the boats a little bit
- Decided to increase the lightning but not as much as v. 7b
I am still drawing the map with the original colors, the increase in light and contrast is added as a last step before producing a jpg. So, I will probably experiment a bit with the levels in future revisions depending on feedback. (Version 7b used br: 39, co: 42. Version 8 used br: 33, co: 36)
I still think just a north arrow is better then a compass but if I get sufficent feedback that says compass I can go with that instead...
Finally a question: should I add a water border between Blekinge - Öland ?
I don't need a 500px image in my signature because I don't have anything to compensate for.