[Abandoned] - Scandinavia

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Scandinavia - Rev 21 - Sep 30 2010 [Gp]

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 am

CoolC wrote:RedBaron0: To be honest, I am not sure. I was hoping of getting it done last week but failed to find time, or rather time got misplaced on other things. I will try to work on it tomorrow and then again in 4 days (have to do with my shift cycle, i work rotating around the clock, some days there is time available before/after work, some not). If I haven't put up a new version in a week I am pretty certain I won't find time to work on this until mid-january and thus it might be eligable to be put on vacation-mode. I really hope to avoid this though...

Gillipeg: After next version I think it should be ready for the forge. If not it's quite likly I simply give up.

It is rather difficult to keep yourself focused and intererested on the same thing for 2+ years...

Just let me or thenobodies know if you need a vacation.
ImageImageImage
Major RedBaron0
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (12)

Postby Eyestone on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:10 am

It's clearly not a local who has made up the name for the regions. The name "Fold" sounds just weird as it's never used about any geographical region. It's either just Vestfold or Østfold, which is divided by Buskerud, Oslo and Akershus in between them. The dividing of Agder (which consist of Vest-Agder and Aust-Agder) is a different matter as they are natural "neighbours", but Fold is an unnatural combination with a fictional name. You must do something about that.
General Eyestone

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby CoolC on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Keep the thread in here. I got a tiny bit extra motivation from the holiday stamps and starting tomorrow I actually have 6 days off work. I should be able to find enough time for the map.

but Fold is an unnatural combination with a fictional name. You must do something about that.

I am not going to change the region boundaries at this point. But I can change the name of the region as-is, if you can suggest a better name. The other norweigians here haven't complained about it though. If you have a better name please suggest it in the next few days as I'd like to include it in the next version.
I don't need a 500px image in my signature because I don't have anything to compensate for.
Sergeant 1st Class CoolC

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Eyestone on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 pm

CoolC wrote:Keep the thread in here. I got a tiny bit extra motivation from the holiday stamps and starting tomorrow I actually have 6 days off work. I should be able to find enough time for the map.

but Fold is an unnatural combination with a fictional name. You must do something about that.

I am not going to change the region boundaries at this point. But I can change the name of the region as-is, if you can suggest a better name. The other norweigians here haven't complained about it though. If you have a better name please suggest it in the next few days as I'd like to include it in the next version.

Well, if you must keep the region as it is, I would call it Oslo as that's the natural centre there. It's not only a city but also a county. It might look weird when you don't have the other capitals for the other Scandinavian countries represented, but that's my best suggestion.
General Eyestone

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Any news?

It has been a while since the last update...are you working on it?
Let us know something about the current status of developement or we must consider this project as stalled. :(

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made.

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Previous

Return to Recycling Box