Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Indian Subcontinent

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:40 pm

mini map is pixely, and the bonuses arent the same.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby InkL0sed on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:mini map is pixely, and the bonuses arent the same.

D'oh #-o

Don't trust the mini-map's bonuses.

As for the pixelation... maybe I can blur it a little.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:20 pm

i still think the legend can be made bigger...
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby InkL0sed on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:40 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:i still think the legend can be made bigger...

Will do,
If that is in fact true
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Coleman on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

I think it is. Maybe find a font that is wider but not too much taller.

I don't like you army circles. I'd prefer a uniform color form them rather then that effect you did. I guess what I'm saying is I like version 6's circles better.

After next update I'll probably release you into the wild (aka Main Foundry).
Sergeant Coleman

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:41 am

awesome; I have another update coming up. That photoshop guide in the foundry discussion has helped a lot.

Do you think a bevel effect on the army circles (which I added before you commented) would look good?

I'm also thinking of adding a poll next update to decide on how the army circles should look.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Version 8:

Changes:

-added a pop-up effect and shadows to the army circles
-increased legend size
-added a small glow to text and water
-blurred the mini-map

I think that's everything.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Ogrecrusher on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:15 pm

Maybe this issue is for the main foundry, but Delhi is in the wrong place.
http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/india/map-of-india.gif

You can see on this map, Delhi is a tiny province between Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
What you have Labelled as Delhi is in fact Uttaranchal.
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 pm

Ogrecrusher wrote:Maybe this issue is for the main foundry, but Delhi is in the wrong place.

You can see on this map, Delhi is a tiny province between Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.

I originally thought Uttaranchal would be too long a name, so I changed it to Delhi. I'm not so sure it's that impossible anymore, but is it honestly such a big deal? Classic is much more inaccurate than this map.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:19 pm

I think you should put a shadow on the land over the water.

Like this but cleaner:

I think it just looks too flat right now.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:49 am

im sorry i keep bringing it up, but the legend

its a good size now, but i can hardly read it and i have 20/20 vision. the background behind the fact that the text has a glare effect on it is not good imo. possibly put it in a box w/ a background?
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Ogrecrusher on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:08 pm

InkL0sed wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:Maybe this issue is for the main foundry, but Delhi is in the wrong place.

I originally thought Uttaranchal would be too long a name, so I changed it to Delhi. I'm not so sure it's that impossible anymore, but is it honestly such a big deal? Classic is much more inaccurate than this map.

I think it's a problem when you move the capital city to some random region. I think accuracy is important unless there are good gameplay or other reasons. I don't think laziness to change it or whatever is a good reason, heh :D

Sure Classic is Inaccurate, but at least the regions are in the right place. Merging 2 regions and then calling it by the name of one is fine, but what you've done is like merging Mongolia and China, calling that China, which is fine, but then renaming Japan as Mongolia, which is not.

If you want Delhi as its own region, why not rename the Haryana one as Delhi, at least that actually covers the land that Delhi is on.

Cheers.
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:20 pm

I was under the impression that Delhi was in Uttaranchal, but I guess I was mistaken. I'll find a better name.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Ogrecrusher on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:29 pm

InkL0sed wrote:I was under the impression that Delhi was in Uttaranchal, but I guess I was mistaken. I'll find a better name.

Yeah, the link I gave (maybe the same pitcure you used?) is a little misleading on first glace. This map shows it better.
http://www.avert.org/media/images/india-map.gif
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Version 9:
I know it's been a while, but here it is.

Changes:
-Made the image "pop" a little more, with a little help from the Inner Shadow layer setting
-Set the mini-map to Dissolve, in an attempt to make it look like it is dissolving into the background
-Changed Delhi to Uttaranchal

Comments? Am I moving now?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Skittles! on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:16 am

Are you planning to put a background behind the legend because I'm, and maybe others, finding it very hard to read "Northern India" with the brown dead-land.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Gosh, so many complaints about the legend! I don't know how to win with you guys :P

Skittles!, Coleman said he preferred the lack of a background. Of course, the one that I had was horrible. Still, I agree with him. Maybe I can change the color of Northern India? The problem is that the colors are a little dulled when I post them...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby jnd94 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:43 pm

maybe you should put an image where the blue water is. May spice it up. Other than that, looks awesome!
Captain jnd94

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm

jnd94 wrote:maybe you should put an image where the blue water is. May spice it up. Other than that, looks awesome!

Thanks. I generally don't like images and whatnot, but I'm up for anything that works. What do you suggest? A picture of Ghandi perhaps? I like that idea because he was opposed to the Pakistan-India split.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Sir. Ricco on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm

I really don't like the pink. The other colors are great. The area outside the map needs more work. I like the water.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby laci_mae on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:I really don't like the pink. The other colors are great. The area outside the map needs more work. I like the water.

I like the pink and blue best. Colors are going to be a personal preference though.

I believe a flag might be in order, as well as a picture of Ghandi.

The rivers could stand a graphical update. I suggest making them thinner and more realistic.

Finally, there seems to be a circle missing in Eastern India. I'm not sure what the name of that territory is either.

Keep up the good work.

LMR
Corporal 1st Class laci_mae

Postby Skittles! on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:02 am

InkL0sed wrote:Gosh, so many complaints about the legend! I don't know how to win with you guys :P

Skittles!, Coleman said he preferred the lack of a background. Of course, the one that I had was horrible. Still, I agree with him. Maybe I can change the color of Northern India? The problem is that the colors are a little dulled when I post them...

I'm just stating the it's hard to read the blue of Northern India to the brown of the dead-land. It leaves an awful shade behind it which reflects the words so much it's hard to read.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm

laci_mae wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:I really don't like the pink. The other colors are great. The area outside the map needs more work. I like the water.

I like the pink and blue best. Colors are going to be a personal preference though.

I believe a flag might be in order, as well as a picture of Ghandi.

The rivers could stand a graphical update. I suggest making them thinner and more realistic.

Finally, there seems to be a circle missing in Eastern India. I'm not sure what the name of that territory is either.

Keep up the good work.

LMR

I really hate that river as well, I'll redo it.

The problem with a flag and Ghandi is that the totally biases India. This is, after all, more a map of a geographical region than a political one, hence the name Indian Subcontinent. So maybe I could do all the countries' flags, and maybe Ghandi will work despite what I just said, but I'd like others' opinions on that.

The "missing circle" is not in fact missing. That area you see is part of West Bengal. I've been waiting on comments about that. How do you think I can make it clearer that the river does not split the territory in two?

Skittles! wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:Gosh, so many complaints about the legend! I don't know how to win with you guys Razz

I'm just stating the it's hard to read the blue of Northern India to the brown of the dead-land. It leaves an awful shade behind it which reflects the words so much it's hard to read.

I understand. I'll try to find a solution. The only thing is I don't know how well the colors will translate. They are all much more vibrant on my desktop than on the Internet.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Version 10:

Changes:
-Improved the river
-Changed the path of the river in an attempt to make West Bengal more clearly one territory
-Added a title
-Played with the legend colors... again
-Lessened the shadows in some places
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Coleman wrote:I think it is. Maybe find a font that is wider but not too much taller.

I don't like you army circles. I'd prefer a uniform color form them rather then that effect you did. I guess what I'm saying is I like version 6's circles better.

After next update I'll probably release you into the wild (aka Main Foundry).

I've released three versions since you said this, Coleman. Methinks you have not been looking at this thread at all.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box