Balsiefen wrote:To Do
-Minimap! Currently, I can't get the text to fit comfortably in it. I need all the suggestions and Ideas you can think of-I'm completely stuck on how to get it to work (apart from abandoning it but I quite like the idea)
-Any more heads ups on the names that I've missed from you useful fellows.
-Whatever turns up
el-presidente wrote:Yay, I really like this map, and I'm glad it is comming along nicely.
As for the minimap, if you move your signature somewhere else, then move the island of burgendaland up and to the left a bit, (a little inaccuracy is not that bad) then you can have the minimap where it used to be and then put the makes in that bottom corner as long as you can fit in 2 colums (the big yellow one would be either first of last so it would be the space of both coloms) then people could see the minimap and know what the bonus regions are called.
Congratulations on the Gameplay stamp
The graphics are looking fairly polished already - although there are a couple of observations that I'd like to make - most of which fall under the "Whatever turns up" category
1. The font that you've used for the legend differs from the font used elsewhere on the map, and isn't that clear. It would probably be better on the eye to use the same typeface all over - with the possible exceptions of the map title and your signature.
Actually the texture is over the entire map but it seems the water's darkness makes it stand out. I'll try doubling the opacity of the texture on the land or putting a light browny yellow over it to help the texture stand out.2. There is a nice texture on the water, which makes the land look incredibly flat. Perhaps you could add a subtle texture to the land - either the same as the sea, or something parchmenty like you've used for your legend?
3. Some of the paths over the water are difficult to make out - most notably the connections to Utland and Langeland. It might be worth moving the path from Burgendaland to Lund a bit, so it sweeps over the water a bit more, instead of skirting the coast of Albo. This should help to clear up exactly where territories connect.
The inlet is quite a bit wider than the rivers in most maps but the irregular shape and islands are causing troubles. I'll redraw that bit, making the islands smaller and widening the inlet where it bottlenecks after the island.4. I'm assuming that Thytae doesn't border Harthe/Saling/Himber... Also I'm assuming that Saling/Himber don;t border each other... Is there any way you can exaggerate that inlet, and possibly shrink some of the islands to make those non-borders more apparent?
5. For some reason the borders look quite pixellated around the yellow regions - not too sure what's causing that...
6. All of the text is perfectly horizontal, except for the label for Sweden. You could possibly get rid of the lake near the 'S', which would make room for the text to run horizontally.
7. The previous legend with the minimap was much easier on the eye, although I can see your struggle to fit names on. With a more legible font, is there any chance you could combine the two ideas - minimap with the numbers, with arrows/lines (like mibi used on supermax or iraq) to the name in a list?
That's about it for now
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests