Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Conquer CLUB Golf

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which path is better?

Total votes : 0

Re: Golf map

Postby seamusk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:21 pm

I guess you did ask for hole names earlier. I haven't really given it any thought. They don't necessarily need names but I see where it might add to the appeal of the map. Conquer CLUB. :lol:

trying to think on the sport because I now feel obligated. mr green should get a hole. no idea why. just sounds right. :mrgreen:

hole 1 could be "classic hole"
hole 7 should reference world war II. like the Omaha beach hole.
hole 5 the 8 thoughts to par hole.

this is hard...
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Ethitts on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:31 pm

seamusk wrote:I guess you did ask for hole names earlier. I haven't really given it any thought. They don't necessarily need names but I see where it might add to the appeal of the map. Conquer CLUB. :lol:

trying to think on the sport because I now feel obligated. mr green should get a hole. no idea why. just sounds right. :mrgreen:

hole 1 could be "classic hole"
hole 7 should reference world war II. like the Omaha beach hole.
hole 5 the 8 thoughts to par hole.

this is hard...

Those are some good ideas actually, think I'll go with those if that's cool? Also, Conquer CLUB is funny and clever, maybe I should incorporate that for the map name. Maybe hole 5 could be "Dust Bowl" because of the sand bunkers. I like the idea of holes named after maps
Major Ethitts

Postby seamusk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 pm

well glad you like them. I really couldn't think of another angle. I agree, go ahead with naming them after maps. I'll try and give a second look tomorrow when i'm more awake.
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby rocky mountain on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 pm

do BENELUX for one :D
best: place 2349; points 1617; GP 216; GW 102(47%); Lieutenant
Sergeant 1st Class rocky mountain

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 pm

I like the idea for the Conquer Clubhouse. It's very creative. I also support naming the wholes after maps. Here are a few suggested names that I just cam up with. They can go towards any hole you see fitting or none at all ('cause some are really bad).

Feudal Freeway (Feudal war)
Solar Slice (solar system)
Pearl Hopper (maybe add a few ponds and water hazards for this one)
Duck and Driver
Soviet Shank
Putter Sound (Puget Sound)

Again, I made all of these up in a few seconds. You don't have to use them if you don't want to, I know they are pretty cheesy.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby seamusk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:07 pm

rocky mountain wrote:do BENELUX for one :D

don't you mean BENELINKS?
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Ethitts on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I like the idea for the Conquer Clubhouse. It's very creative. I also support naming the wholes after maps. Here are a few suggested names that I just cam up with. They can go towards any hole you see fitting or none at all ('cause some are really bad).

Feudal Freeway (Feudal war)
Solar Slice (solar system)
Pearl Hopper (maybe add a few ponds and water hazards for this one)
Duck and Driver
Soviet Shank
Putter Sound (Puget Sound)

Again, I made all of these up in a few seconds. You don't have to use them if you don't want to, I know they are pretty cheesy.

They're good idea's, I didn't have in mind the idea twisting the names to relate them to golfing subjects. I think I'll have to use some of them
Major Ethitts

Postby Ethitts on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:29 am

I've thought of a few ideas for hole names, here's what I have come up with (plus already suggested ideas):

Omaha Beach - more likely to relate to hole 7
Classic - more likely to relate to hole 1
Dust Bowl - more likely to relate to hole 5
Caddie Maximus
Age Of Rounds - more likely to relate to hole 9
Feudal Freeway - more likely to relate to hole 3
Solar Slice
Pearl Hopper
Duck and Driver
Soviet Shank
Putter Sound
Birdie Isles
Divot Earth
Par Habour - more likely to relate to hole 6
Bambogey Jack
Cairns Coral Cart - more likely to relate to hole 8
Texan Tee Wars
Flags Race!

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any other ideas post away!
Major Ethitts

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:51 pm

Names relating to Conquer Club maps is gold. :D Now lets just get to work on everything else.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Ethitts on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Hey everyone, I have made an update on the map. Let me know what you think.

1. Changed the size to meet the size restrictions. Current size is: Width: 840px. Height: 800px
2. Added territory names, the names probably need changing and also their colour/position/size.

Not a huge update, but an update nonetheless.
Major Ethitts

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm liking it. As a graphics suggestion, I think in general you need to make more use of layer effects. Especially on the text... you need to make it legible, and say "golf" to the players.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Ethitts on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 pm

InkL0sed wrote:I'm liking it. As a graphics suggestion, I think in general you need to make more use of layer effects. Especially on the text... you need to make it legible, and say "golf" to the players.

Cheers, I'm pretty new at map making so I'm not 100% sure what you mean though.....(In terms of layer effects that is).
Major Ethitts

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 pm

What program are you using?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Ethitts on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Adobe Photoshop v6.0
Major Ethitts

Re: Conquer CLUB Golf

Postby zimmah on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:02 pm

looks quite fun, but i don't think i really get it though, i'm not a golf player myself and i don't really know how to gain a bonus on this map #-o

the concept looks pretty fun but i guess i won't be playing this one
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby LFAW on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 am

I love this map!
Brigadier LFAW

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:51 am

I love the concept, and it does look nearly complete! However for myself as a player, The colors are buggin' me. And so is the strategy.

There is too much green. Could you add a garden or something??? (I know there should be a lot of green)

Also, the strategy seems a bit lacking. Maybe you could add a cart path? This could be used exactly like the subways on the NYC map. Allowing you to strike someone farther away across the map. Plus it would help to break up these repetative greens.
If you want things a bit comical, you could add carts along a path. If the carts were territories, but the path wasn't, then you could use the carts to bomb territories along the path. It's easy to do. But!!!!! I do like the set-up that you have now!!! I just like to be all kinds of help.
I can see how you were trying to add strategy by adding the beaches and docks. And I really like that Idea, it's not anything that I would have thought up for sure!
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Ethitts on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:03 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I love the concept, and it does look nearly complete! However for myself as a player, The colors are buggin' me. And so is the strategy.

There is too much green. Could you add a garden or something??? (I know there should be a lot of green)

Also, the strategy seems a bit lacking. Maybe you could add a cart path? This could be used exactly like the subways on the NYC map. Allowing you to strike someone farther away across the map. Plus it would help to break up these repetative greens.
If you want things a bit comical, you could add carts along a path. If the carts were territories, but the path wasn't, then you could use the carts to bomb territories along the path. It's easy to do. But!!!!! I do like the set-up that you have now!!! I just like to be all kinds of help.
I can see how you were trying to add strategy by adding the beaches and docks. And I really like that Idea, it's not anything that I would have thought up for sure!

I appreciate your ideas, but some of these points have been covered before. It had been discussed that too many gimmicks can be bad. I would prefer to keep it simple, much like a classic style map, just in a different setting with a couple of gimmicks. The idea of having a path with territories (I know you said only carts as territories, not the path. But it would still be a path but just a path of carts), was shot down early on. As for the too much green comment, I haven't been told that yet, so I do wonder if other people feel the same. But yea, bear in mind it is a golf course..........

To be honest this map kind of died anyway, I'll put up a post to see if the community want me to keep developing it though.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Re: Conquer CLUB Golf (Poll - should I continue?)

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:13 am

Even if your not sure if you want to keep devolping the map i give you a few ideas:

instead of makeing the fields togheter why not add Caddies or golf cars as a attacking route between them?

Mission based map? Hold all holes to win?
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:14 am

Ok, I'll try doing a poll later. For some reason it keeps adding older poll's to the new one, I kept trying to change it but eventually came out like this:

Should I keep working on this map?
No
No
No
Yes
No
No
No
No

I have no idea why
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Ethitts on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:15 am

Androidz wrote:Even if your not sure if you want to keep devolping the map i give you a few ideas:

instead of makeing the fields togheter why not add Caddies or golf cars as a attacking route between them?

No, definitely not mission based. Thanks for the suggestion though.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:18 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Even if your not sure if you want to keep devolping the map i give you a few ideas:

No, definitely not mission based. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Np:) hmm makeing the holes bunsed +1 then? In golf the holes is pretty important:D
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:28 am

Androidz wrote:Np:) hmm makeing the holes bunsed +1 then? In golf the holes is pretty important:D

The idea is too "conquer" each hole and then to "conquer" the course. The tee is the attacking aspect/gimmick. It's hitting the ball down the fairway. Owning an entire hole (everything, the tee, fairway, bunkers and green) is like "mastering" the whole, thus you get a bonus.

The golf cart depot aspect of the map is explained on the legend.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:39 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Np:) hmm makeing the holes bunsed +1 then? In golf the holes is pretty important:D

The idea is too "conquer" each hole and then to "conquer" the course. The tee is the attacking aspect/gimmick. It's hitting the ball down the fairway. Owning an entire hole (everything, the tee, fairway, bunkers and green) is like "mastering" the whole, thus you get a bonus.

The golf cart depot aspect of the map is explained on the legend.

Okey, but i never asked about the golfcart depot:O why did you mention that?
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:40 am

Androidz wrote:Okey, but i never asked about the golfcart depot:O why did you mention that?

Yea sorry, I just felt like mentioning it.
Last edited by Ethitts on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box