Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Conquer CLUB Golf

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which path is better?

Total votes : 0

Re: Conquer CLUB Golf - update pg 8

Postby Ethitts on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:13 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:ok, then the legend needs to be reworked to make that more clear

Done.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:16 pm

include whether or not the carts are part of the clubhouse or not
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:16 pm

and is the whole beach worth -1 or is each territ -1?
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Ethitts on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:17 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:and is the whole beach worth -1 or is each territ -1?

Clearly states in the legend that it's -1 each territory.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Ethitts on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:include whether or not the carts are part of the clubhouse or not

Well it says in the legend that the gold cart depot reverts back to a neutral, so it can't really be part of the clubhouse.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:27 am

Ethitts wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:include whether or not the carts are part of the clubhouse or not

Well it says in the legend that the gold cart depot reverts back to a neutral, so it can't really be part of the clubhouse.

just because it reverts back to neutral doesn't mean you still don't need it for the bonus... look at arms race, you need the missle launch to get +50, but it still reverts back to 15 neutral on the start of the turn....
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Ethitts on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:24 am

whitestazn88 wrote:
Ethitts wrote:

just because it reverts back to neutral doesn't mean you still don't need it for the bonus... look at arms race, you need the missle launch to get +50, but it still reverts back to 15 neutral on the start of the turn....

Is the missile launch part of the missile though? That's something I'm confused about.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Ethitts on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:23 am

Click image to enlarge.

Version 7/8:
1. Tidied up the Bambogey Jack tee.
2. Gave the sand bunkers names relative to their hole name.
4. Changed golf cart depot to revert back to 6 neutral, not 5.
5. Darkened the ocean a little.
6. Made the golf ball on the tee up the top (next to Conquer CLUB Golf) more visible.
8. Altered the legend to make the map gameplay more understandable.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Re: Conquer CLUB Golf - update pg 9

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:29 am

very nice update, except the legend part on bunkers is difficult to read right now, maybe change the text to white
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Androidz on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 am

Can you remove the Doted lines (300Marker) Which goes above the forest impassible? on DB Tee? look odd, since you have removed it from rivers in other places.

On Par Harbor and OB Tee the Connection between 6 and 1is a bit oddly done can you make it so they connects better to echoter if you know what i mean?

I dont think Tee should be able to attack bunkers so in classic could you remove the doted lines above the bunker?
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:43 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:very nice update, except the legend part on bunkers is difficult to read right now, maybe change the text to white

Thanks, I'll look into making it clearer.

Androidz wrote:Can you remove the Doted lines (300Marker) Which goes above the forest impassible? on DB Tee? look odd, since you have removed it from rivers in other places.

Yup, I'll do that.

Androidz wrote:On Par Harbor and OB Tee the Connection between 6 and 1is a bit oddly done can you make it so they connects better to echoter if you know what i mean?

I'll try make it look better

Androidz wrote:I dont think Tee should be able to attack bunkers so in classic could you remove the doted lines above the bunker?

In a game of golf it's possible for your drive to go into the bunker. Unless you give me a valid reason as to why it shouldn't be able to reach the bunkers then it will stay as it is.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Ethitts on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:27 am

Click image to enlarge.

A very small update, I have changed the map following the last few requests.

1. Took away the dotted lines on the rough patch on Dust Bowl hole.
2. Changed some legend text to white so it's easier to read.
3. Changed the link between Par Harbour and Omaha Beach so it's look's better (Hopefully).
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Re: Conquer CLUB Golf - update pg 10

Postby Androidz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:40 am

Well i just dont see why any1 would, attack the bunker at first but they might do so forget that.

Anyway DB Tee could you either try to remove trees where the continent splits or add a tree on the emey space?

Nice update btw.
Private Androidz

Postby rocky mountain on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:31 am

it seems i've missed a lot. looking great!
under the age of Realms hole, the abbreviated names are AOE, not AOR... i just noticed it is supposed to be age of rounds, but on the map it says realms...
just a question... do you get the par bonus if you hold just the flag/green/hole territory, or do you have to hold the whole thing?
by the way nice names :)
best: place 2349; points 1617; GP 216; GW 102(47%); Lieutenant
Sergeant 1st Class rocky mountain

Postby Ethitts on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Androidz wrote:Well i just dont see why any1 would, attack the bunker at first but they might do so forget that.

Anyway DB Tee could you either try to remove trees where the continent splits or add a tree on the emey space?

Nice update btw.

What empty space are you referring to? The gap between Par Harbour and Omaha beach is an attack route, I can't put a tree there.

rocky mountain wrote:it seems i've missed a lot. looking great!
under the age of Realms hole, the abbreviated names are AOE, not AOR... i just noticed it is supposed to be age of rounds, but on the map it says realms...
just a question... do you get the par bonus if you hold just the flag/green/hole territory, or do you have to hold the whole thing?

Hmm, that's the 2nd time I've messed up a name, easy enough to change though. You have to hold the hole thing to get a bonus, I'll look into making it more clear on the legend.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Androidz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Well i just dont see why any1 would, attack the bunker at first but they might do so forget that.

Nice update btw.

What empty space are you referring to? The gap between Par Harbour and Omaha beach is an attack route, I can't put a tree there.

rocky mountain wrote:it seems i've missed a lot. looking great!

Hmm, that's the 2nd time I've messed up a name, easy enough to change though. You have to hold the hole thing to get a bonus, I'll look into making it more clear on the legend.

No i did mean the gap between DB And DB (3-5. There is a emey space there after you removed the dots.

Btw i gonna post a few suggestion later today.
Private Androidz

Postby Androidz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Ok theese suggestion is based on following problems:

- Boring Bonuses.

- Improve Gameplay with Beach & Clubhouse.

- And a question.

- Boring Car Depot.

1. Could you make CCC Tee not connected with Omaha Beach? And Instead make the CCC tee conected with Beach 6. Doing this you will make the the beach more attractive for players.

2. The Clubouse Attack pattern can attack AOE Tee and Cairns Coral cart which is almost right beside ecother i think this is to close so could you remove the attack way Clubbhouse to Cairns Coral Cart? So Its just can attack beach and AoE Tee? (Again Beach more attractice, and more strategy.)

3. Connect Omaha Beach and FF Tee. (This if you remove connection with CCC tee.) To make the bonuses accurate.

4. Bonuses:

Feudal Fairway: 5 (Lots of Borders.)

BamboJack: 4 (alot of borders + Its bordering a 5 army continent.)

5. The golf car depot its to boring. Could you you any of theese suggestions?:

- Remove some of the cars so it seem like some is rented.

- Do like they have at mals white lines where people can put their car. (or only for VIP members signs and such)

- Improve graphics?

6. Other Suggestion which im agrea to:

- Age Of Rounds is called Age of Realms on the map. I think its better to haveing one shared name^^

- Post above.

- Golf cart depot reverts back to 6 neutral each round. (More a golfish theme) Is better than Once Conquered.

7. Question:

Speed Golf....i dont get what you mean on the legend. Is it even necceary to have it there? take alot of room.
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Androidz wrote:Ok theese suggestion is based on following problems:

- Boring Bonuses..

I haven't worried about the bonuses at all due to other changes which would in turn effect the bonuses. I will change them as soon as it seems there aren't any other major changes to make.

Androidz wrote:- Improve Gameplay with Beach & Clubhouse..

What's wrong with it?

Androidz wrote:- And a question..

What do you mean?

Androidz wrote:- Boring Car Depot..

Boring gameplay or visuals?

Androidz wrote:1. Could you make CCC Tee not connected with Omaha Beach? And Instead make the CCC tee conected with Beach 6. Doing this you will make the the beach more attractive for players..

Seems unfair for the CCC bonus, the beach is designed as a quick (yet costly) attack route ie. A shortcut and shortcuts aren't meant to be easy.

Androidz wrote:2. The Clubouse Attack pattern can attack AOE Tee and Cairns Coral cart which is almost right beside ecother i think this is to close so could you remove the attack way Clubbhouse to Cairns Coral Cart? So Its just can attack beach and AoE Tee? (Again Beach more attractice, and more strategy.).

No. That would make the map more linear and the club easier to hold.

Androidz wrote:3. Connect Omaha Beach and FF Tee. (This if you remove connection with CCC tee.) To make the bonuses accurate..

This is something I've been meaning to do actually......

Androidz wrote:4. Bonuses:

Feudal Fairway: 5 (Lots of Borders.)

BamboJack: 4 (alot of borders + Its bordering a 5 army continent.).

Bonuses won't be looked at until major changes have been made.

Androidz wrote:
5. The golf car depot its to boring. Could you you any of theese suggestions?:

- Remove some of the cars so it seem like some is rented.

- Do like they have at mals white lines where people can put their car. (or only for VIP members signs and such)

- Improve graphics?.

Graphics aren't that bad are they? It's hard making something look very good when it's at that size (due to lack of pixels).

Androidz wrote:6. Other Suggestion which im agrea to:

- Age Of Rounds is called Age of Realms on the map. I think its better to haveing one shared name^^

- Post above.

- Golf cart depot reverts back to 6 neutral each round. (More a golfish theme) Is better than Once Conquered..

This will be changed.

Androidz wrote:7. Question:

Speed Golf....i dont get what you mean on the legend. Is it even necceary to have it there? take alot of room.

I think there needs to be a reason why you can attack all the greens. That reason being speed golf!
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:54 pm

make sure to add that bunkers are part of each hole.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 am

Yet another update:

Click image to enlarge.

Ver 10:
1. Changed the legend to make the territories needed for a bonus clearer (hopefully)
2. Fixed up the Age of realms and AOE naming problem.
3. Connected Feudal Fairway tee with Omaha beach 5.
4. Changed Feudal Fairway bonus from 3 to 5
5. Changed Omaha Beach bonus from 3 to 4.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:21 am

Yet another great update:)

The other said is to long to repound so i will accept those you said no on. And no the graphics on the depot isin all bad. I just wanted you to do 1 of the 3 i suggested to help it. (Visualy)

Also i dont think its unfair for the bonus off CCC to do the things i suggested but that isint a big deal. If it is so unfair as you see it could be delayed down to a bonus: 1. Mainly cause i have problems seeing why any1 would actully go on the beach when its better to just go trough the fields. So if you have done those 2 things the beach would be used alot more. --> More stratgy.

And the speed golf thingy i dont know what greens is:D. Thats why i asked.
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:45 am

Androidz wrote:Yet another great update:)
If it is so unfair as you see it could be delayed down to a bonus: 1. Mainly cause i have problems seeing why any1 would actully go on the beach when its better to just go trough the fields. So if you have done those 2 things the beach would be used alot more. --> More stratgy.

As I said earlier the point of the beach is to provide a shortcut, but at a cost. Also you wanted Omaha beach and Cairns Coral Cart to connect via the beach. But why would a golf course have you do that? It's usual to go from the green (flag) to the next tee. I see no reason why it should be made to go via the beach.

Androidz wrote:And the speed golf thingy i dont know what greens is:D. Thats why i asked.

The legend now states what a green is, so hopefully that clears things up!
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Yet another great update:)
If it is so unfair as you see it could be delayed down to a bonus: 1. Mainly cause i have problems seeing why any1 would actully go on the beach when its better to just go trough the fields. So if you have done those 2 things the beach would be used alot more. --> More stratgy.

As I said earlier the point of the beach is to provide a shortcut, but at a cost. Also you wanted Omaha beach and Cairns Coral Cart to connect via the beach. But why would a golf course have you do that? It's usual to go from the green (flag) to the next tee. I see no reason why it should be made to go via the beach.

Androidz wrote:And the speed golf thingy i dont know what greens is:D. Thats why i asked.

The legend now states what a green is, so hopefully that clears things up!

Oh thx the green is the flag place?Awsome:D

It would be more stratigcly towards the beach even tough the delay. But it wouldent necearry but like a golf course but your not trying to make one either your makeing a map based on golf as a theme. But as i said earlyer those thing i pointed out isint necceary. Im glad with the things you puted in allready. :)
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:38 am

Big 2 week bump. I really want to keep working on this map and I have compiled a list of why I should:

This map has had:
10 updates
every suggestion (which was suitable) implemented
147 replies from 21 unique users (all of which liked the map I might add :D - and yes, I counted :oops: )
What I would say some large interest from the community

So, have I done enough to get at least an idea stamp yet?
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:45 pm

I thought this already had the ideas stamp... or was at least advanced ideas.
it easily fills all the requirements, at least.

I'll see what I can do, I'll get back to you in a day or two.

At least this post bumps the thread again.
it'd help get more comments.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box