[Abandoned] - Era of the Three Kingdoms

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Era of the Three Kingdoms - Page 11

Postby edbeard on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:05 pm

if that part of the script only worked on army circles, it'd be a lot better
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:25 pm

edbeard wrote:if that part of the script only worked on army circles, it'd be a lot better

huh?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby edbeard on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:40 pm

see the last post of previous page.
Major edbeard

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Qwert on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:41 pm

use 24 px army circle,number will be centered good.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:53 pm

qwert wrote:use 24 px army circle,number will be centered good.

Im happy with 22px.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Era of the Three Kingdoms - Page 10

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:46 pm

gimil wrote:Image

The numbers are more legible - although I share concerns about the dark blue area.
I'd like to see another mountain on the end of the range at Lingling/Cangwu.

My major concern is the Liang bottleneck. I'd like to see something like a 'mountain path' to Liang North from somewhere, or a bombardment, or something... I just think it gives an advantage to whoever starts there, especailly as any other bonusses are going to be difficult to get from the drop. Yes, it's only a +1, but that could make all the difference - especially in no card/flat-rate games
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby gimil on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:27 am

the reason for the one way is to represent the historical failed attempts at the south invading the north. I would not be happy putting in bombadment since it defeateds the purpose of me making a straightforward map. There isnt really much that can be done with the bottleneck short of removing it.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:35 am

by gimil on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:27 am

the reason for the one way is to represent the historical failed attempts at the south invading the north. I would not be happy putting in bombadment since it defeateds the purpose of me making a straightforward map. There isnt really much that can be done with the bottleneck short of removing it.

Now these is what i say, these is historical map and present china in these period,and i agree with these decision.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby gimil on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 pm

This any better for the dark blue continent?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:17 pm

gimil wrote:
This any better for the dark blue continent?

I don't think so.

Why did you remove those faint army shadows Gimil? I think they actually helped with other regions. Dark Blue is a problem with or without them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Why did you remove those faint army shadows Gimil?

Pressured by RJ :mrgreen:

I think im going to sleep on this one and come back to it fresh in the morning.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:57 am

gimil wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:Why did you remove those faint army shadows Gimil?

Pressured by RJ :mrgreen:

I think im going to sleep on this one and come back to it fresh in the morning.

Damn has RJ been bullying you again? I'll have to speak with the guy one of these days...but he's taller than me! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:57 am

Ok i kept the lighter blue and added back the army circles. Its the best were going to get out of this issues, I also dont think it will be as big an issue when its in live play with random numbers/

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: The Era of the Three Kingdoms - Page 11 [i]

Postby RjBeals on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:17 am

How to the darker army circles help with the other regions? The other regions are lighter, and the army shadows make the armies harder to read. But my vote is for the previous version - no army circles, and a slightly "grayer" blue. ;)
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 am

RjBeals wrote:How to the darker army circles help with the other regions? The other regions are lighter, and the army shadows make the armies harder to read. But my vote is for the previous version - no army circles, and a slightly "grayer" blue. ;)

Make you a deal, once the XML is written and we can create ramonly palced armys with random numbers we'll come back to this discussion. I dont think we can make a great judgement with "88" with similar army colours on certain continets.

Deal?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby ZeakCytho on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:55 am

What if you put army circles everywhere except Bei Ping? I think the circles are subtle enough that they would not be missed there.
Captain ZeakCytho

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby RjBeals on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:55 am

gimil wrote:
RjBeals wrote:How to the darker army circles help with the other regions? The other regions are lighter, and the army shadows make the armies harder to read. But my vote is for the previous version - no army circles, and a slightly "grayer" blue. ;)

Make you a deal, once the XML is written and we can create ramonly palced armys with random numbers we'll come back to this discussion. I dont think we can make a great judgement with "88" with similar army colours on certain continets.

Deal?

Sure.
Private RjBeals

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:11 pm

can you desaturate Bei Ping a little? I think that would really help.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:can you desaturate Bei Ping a little? I think that would really help.

I dont even think you know what desaturate means :P

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RjBeals on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:29 pm

gimil wrote:
Kaplowitz wrote:can you desaturate Bei Ping a little? I think that would really help.

Sure he does - look at his avatar!
Private RjBeals

Postby lanyards on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:40 pm

lanyards wrote:1. The text for the bonuses for the main whole continents looks like it is a little bit transparent for two of the three. The blue and red text look lighter than the green text.
2. And the second line of the quotation might look better if you centered it by moving it a little bit to the right.

1. Can you make the text's transparency all the same?

2. Can you fix this?

--lanyards
Major lanyards

Medals: 102
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:24 pm

gimil wrote:

It makes it less colorful, and more gray :P So that that the blue numbers dont blend in too much
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 am

Kaplowitz wrote:
gimil wrote:

It makes it less colorful, and more gray :P So that that the blue numbers dont blend in too much

A+

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:46 pm

A. Graphics.

not much to say here. it looks very good. crisp fresh simple nice colours, in short, i like it.
however there are minor things i'd like to see improved:
1. you have 3 small legends of the continents. green has green text. that's good. but blue has black text while red has both red and black text. i think you should keep it consistent and make all the legends like the green one.
2. the rivers seem a bit pixelated especially around the bends. might wanna soften them up a bit. also i'd like to see some affluents (sp?) on those rivers to make them a bit more realistic
3. the motto. shouldn't it be "ignorants" instead of "ignorant"? and also add a full stop at the end of the sentence. and perhaps the author.

B. Gameplay.

1. fist thing i noticed is the overpowered north. now i understand you wanted realism but that realism will kinda make the map be screwy. you don't see africa on classic map getting a +1 bonus and north america a +10 just because usa has a much better economy and army even if that would be realistic ;)
waht i would do is add a one way connection from Yin Ping to liang. this will not only make Ling be harder to hold but it will also make the whole northern area harder to hold.
2. bei ping. 2 terits for a +1. not sure if i like it. the chances of getting that bonus right from the start are pretty big and i wouldn't want to face an opponent who gets such an easy bonus immediately. what i would do is add another terit. perhaps call it bei ping east. and keep the same 2 borders the continent has now. or do like wisse did on china and make one of the terits start as neutral. but i'd rather see 3 terits instead on adding a neutral.
3. i would increase central wei from 5 to 6.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:15 am

DiM wrote:3. the motto. shouldn't it be "ignorants" instead of "ignorant"?

No.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box