Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Peasant Revolt

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Abandoned] - Peasant Revolt

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Yay it's the summer! School's out!
But now what do I do?

Conquest game-play like you've never seen it before! :twisted:
Click image to enlarge.

You start with the castles. You get +7 auto-deployed. All of the other territories (called Towns) start with 1 neutral, except the Cities, which start with 3. Towns are neutral killer, and become 3 neutral on your next turn (if conquered of course). Each combination of Town and Castle is +2, even though there is neutral killer.

So tell me, am I crazy? Is this going to work? Or will it be a battle of dice?
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Re: Peasant Revolt--Killer Neutral Conquest Map

Postby seamusk on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 pm

So, I like the idea. Conquest maps are in high demand from what I can see and there are many options for creative conquest maps that have not been exhausted.

First thing is that I believe that if this is a peasant revolt it should start in the towns, not the castles. The castles should be the goal. Taking the castles back from the nobility is usually the last thing that happens.

Second is that I really hope to see you develop this. I'll do what I can to contribute in support through map comments and what not.

Third is I'm too hungry to think more about it right now...
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:21 pm

I like the idea a lot. It is entirely new. I just don't know whether it will work or not. Because this is so different, I think it would require a lot of testing and running through before it could become playable.

At a first glance, I can see some really easy points in a terminator game. Let's say that I start in Rakrr and I am the first to take my turn. I will receive 10 armies on Rakrr (+7 autodeploy and +3 deployment) which, in addition to the starting forces there, will give me 13 men. I will then only need to capture 5 territories of 1 man to reach Roes, which will only have 3 men. Easy kill. (another similar situation is between Vorn and Arana)

I support this idea, but, like I said, it will require tons of work before it is anywhere near fair and playable.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby mibi on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:54 am

this needs a bit more flavour. also the towns look futuristic or something. and you will have a tough time with the small map.
Captain mibi

Postby Ethitts on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:31 am

Great idea! I'd love to see this map in action. I second all the other comments made so far though.
Major Ethitts

Postby bryguy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:56 am

Love the idea!

Mostly cause I was gonna do something like this for my next map! :evil: :P :lol: :o :? 8-[

oh well, you beat me to it *sigh*

Looks pretty good. I dont care for the castles or villages or bridges at all tho. I only like the land and water and legend, the rest looks bad to me
Corporal bryguy

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:56 am

seamusk wrote:So, I like the idea. Conquest maps are in high demand from what I can see and there are many options for creative conquest maps that have not been exhausted.

First thing is that I believe that if this is a peasant revolt it should start in the towns, not the castles. The castles should be the goal. Taking the castles back from the nobility is usually the last thing that happens.

Second is that I really hope to see you develop this. I'll do what I can to contribute in support through map comments and what not.

Well if you start with the towns...it would be pretty easy to take the castles, and it would be a really different map.... I'll just change the name.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I like the idea a lot. It is entirely new. I just don't know whether it will work or not. Because this is so different, I think it would require a lot of testing and running through before it could become playable.

At a first glance, I can see some really easy points in a terminator game. Let's say that I start in Rakrr and I am the first to take my turn. I will receive 10 armies on Rakrr (+7 autodeploy and +3 deployment) which, in addition to the starting forces there, will give me 13 men. I will then only need to capture 5 territories of 1 man to reach Roes, which will only have 3 men. Easy kill. (another similar situation is between Vorn and Arana)

I support this idea, but, like I said, it will require tons of work before it is anywhere near fair and playable.

I can decrease the bonuses.

mibi wrote:this needs a bit more flavour. also the towns look futuristic or something. and you will have a tough time with the small map.

I was trying to make tents for the those...but it didnt come out great :?
The small map...that should be fun.

bryguy wrote:Love the idea!

Mostly cause I was gonna do something like this for my next map! :evil: :P :lol: :o :? 8-[

Looks pretty good. I dont care for the castles or villages or bridges at all tho. I only like the land and water and legend, the rest looks bad to me

Actually when i was thinking of a map i was like "Hm...why don't I just read Bryguy's mind... :twisted:

The castles were hard....I forced myself to not look at any AoR maps, Feudal War, or Famine while making them, so it didnt look like i was copying. Ill keep toying with them.

Postby bryguy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:01 am

Kaplowitz wrote:
seamusk wrote:So, I like the idea. Conquest maps are in high demand from what I can see and there are many options for creative conquest maps that have not been exhausted.

Well if you start with the towns...it would be pretty easy to take the castles, and it would be a really different map.... I'll just change the name.

NO NO NO! BAD IDEA!!

mostly cause because of this map i had to alter my idea so that people would start from the villages and castles....

so bad idea!!

bryguy wrote:Love the idea!

Actually when i was thinking of a map i was like "Hm...why don't I just read Bryguy's mind... :twisted:

The castles were hard....I forced myself to not look at any AoR maps, Feudal War, or Famine while making them, so it didnt look like i was copying. Ill keep toying with them.

I knew it! and then seamusk stole my revised idea! im not paranoid, but im pretty sure that you people are out to get me! :o :?

and try googling castles, that might help. Ive been looking at different castles while i try to modify my famine castles
Corporal bryguy

Postby t-o-m on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 pm

seeing this makes me upset :cry:

ill explain later

but on the map note:

it looks like a star wars themed map - just the catles im talking about

the title looks a bit plasticy when its meant to be blood
the title background is wood and blurrey - i dont know why it is wood
the fton doesnt fit in i dont think
the fact that the castles are futuristic and it's called peasant just doesnt fit at all
i dont like the way that the blood splatters look beveled a LOT
it looks like you just threw a bevel at the title and didnt attend to it or make it look good

p.s when i said a wood title, i didnt know what it was so i just said wood
Major t-o-m

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:30 pm

The idea needs refining, but it could work
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:30 pm

I think it makes much more sense for the players to start on the castles as nobles and crush the uprising peasants. Most peasant revolts ultimately failed, you know.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:39 pm

t-o-m wrote:seeing this makes me upset :cry:

ill explain later

but on the map note:

it looks like a star wars themed map - just the catles im talking about

the title looks a bit plasticy when its meant to be blood
the title background is wood and blurrey - i dont know why it is wood
the fton doesnt fit in i dont think
the fact that the castles are futuristic and it's called peasant just doesnt fit at all
i dont like the way that the blood splatters look beveled a LOT
it looks like you just threw a bevel at the title and didnt attend to it or make it look good

p.s when i said a wood title, i didnt know what it was so i just said wood

Star wars? that wasnt intended! :?
I know what you mean about the title, i'll make it more bloody.
The title BG was meant to be like blood-stained steel....
fton? that must be a typo... font? I can change it
I will get rid of those bevels...woops!
Yeah...i just wanted to get the map out there, i need to work on a lot of things.

So what makes you upset exactly?

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 pm

How can you get the castle+town bonus if it's neutral killer?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 pm

InkL0sed wrote:How can you get the castle+town bonus if it's neutral killer?

Im pretty sure that you still get the bonus before it resets. So you get +2, and it becomes neutral 3.

Postby TaCktiX on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Neutrals that reset stronger than the original value isn't XML do-able yet, but if Maze Craze has its way this won't be that way for much longer.

The map idea could use some refining, as right now people who just build and build and build can crush a killer neutralized player after a while.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:31 pm

TaCktiX wrote:Neutrals that reset stronger than the original value isn't XML do-able yet, but if Maze Craze has its way this won't be that way for much longer.

The map idea could use some refining, as right now people who just build and build and build can crush a killer neutralized player after a while.

Maze Craze will most likely have their way ;)

It would be really nice if it could reset to 2 more each time though. 1-3-5-7-9...That would be interesting. But then people might get stuck in their castle....im off to the xml update thread...

Postby bryguy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 pm

kap, the ground is to flat, and the castles look like they are floating and are space ships

and the ground strangely reminds me of mikidemil..... or whatever its called, the map by gnome

and like i said earlier, PLZ dont have villages starting points, cause then ill have to rethink my next map :cry: [-o<

oh wait, i had 2 more ideas :-k

oh well u decide :mrgreen:
Corporal bryguy

Postby The Saxby on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Anything.
New Recruit The Saxby

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 am

Ignoring graphics (for the moment) I think the towns should be FAR HIGHER re-spawning with an increment of at least 3. So it should originally be 5 and then 8 and 11. But I think (if possible) an increment of the bonuses. So 1 for the first time it's held 2 for the second etc.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby captainwalrus on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Why did this map die out?
This looks pretty good. I would love to see this continued. Perhaps if it was reintroduced it would have more support?
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Return to Recycling Box