Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - European Revolution

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you think the Gameplay of this map will work?

Total votes : 0

Re: European Revolution - New Map Concept - images page1

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:22 am

fireedud wrote:Because you have 41 territories (starting), if you add Sicily, it will make the number a lot better. (2,3,6, and 7 player games).

I say add Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica and the Balearic Islands since they are all part of countries in the map and can act as additional territories.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:43 am

yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:I'm not sure how this would work. If you can't attack out side your country until you own the whole country, then the first person to capture his country (probably ireland) would be invincible. He could freely attack anyone near him, and the other countries couldn't fight back. They couldn't break his bonus at all. The first person to capture a country is almost guaranteed a victory.

Thats not how it will work the XML wont let it. basically you will have to attack from your capital city to the whole terr in the mini map (which will be neutral) from their you can move into another country. Basically it will be impossible to move into other countries easily without taking one first.

Yes this is something we've been talking about behind the scenes.

It's either option

a) Each country will have a capital city within one of the "counties"... From there - you can attack out to the main country...
b) All counties can attack the country - and thus "breakout".

Also ->

There may be room to add in some bombardment rules somewhere for traditional battlegrounds or something - i.e. England could bombard Ulster, Germany could bombard Paris... you get the idea.

C.

This still makes no sense to me, but it sounds like you have thought this out well. I'm sure as the map continues I will figure out what you mean with regards to the actual map.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:58 am

Here is the latest image. Trying to keep it as simple as possible without being boaring. The problem I have jsut now is explaining how the cities work in a way that is easily understandable.

Basically how i wont it to work is that you attack the city from whatever terr its in. Once you conquer the city that country in the mini map is yours. from there you can attack a bordering coutnries capital.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:07 am

The image is very dark! Make it lighter.

Italian regions should read: Lombardia, Toscana, Veneto, Campania, Basilicata.

What is that strange thing above Siciliy? Remove it.

The capital of Italy (Rome) is in Lazio. You might want to rename Campania to Lazio.

Also I want the heel back on Italy's boot please!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 am

OMG-red dots who represent towns :shock:
Now these going to bee very interesting from mine perspective.I will very carefyl follow the situation with these red dots,its very similar with one map,who have problem to explane people even what dots present,and i must say that aim glad that you put dots on map.I hope that people not be confused with all these dots.
Aim not confused and aim very good catch what these dots present,even without any Box explanation.
Dots explanation(to people not be confused) for these map,can be very helpful to solve problem in some other map.
:lol:
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:38 am

qwert wrote:OMG-red dots who represent towns :shock:
Now these going to bee very interesting from mine perspective.I will very carefyl follow the situation with these red dots,its very similar with one map,who have problem to explane people even what dots present,and i must say that aim glad that you put dots on map.I hope that people not be confused with all these dots.
Aim not confused and aim very good catch what these dots present,even without any Box explanation.
Dots explanation(to people not be confused) for these map,can be very helpful to solve problem in some other map.

I have absolutly no idea what your talking about.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:34 am

gimil wrote:

I think it's some kindof grudge about his roman empire map.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 am

yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:

I think it's some kindof grudge about his roman empire map.

C.

I dont think I said anything about dots in this map did i?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Gimil

I think it's some kindof grudge about his roman empire map

You bouth wrong(well you be right abouth map),aim not grudge(or what these word mean).I just say that aim finaly happy that someon help me with dots,and i now can see what solution will be pleased for people here,then i can apply dots explanation to mine map,so everybody is satisfy. Some other people(not you Gimil)confused with dots(who are very similar to mine,almost same,but its a little darken).
Any way i give you 100% support to continue with dots.

also i think that map its to dark,i think that must be more light.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:58 pm

qwert wrote:
Gimil

I think it's some kindof grudge about his roman empire map

You bouth wrong(well you be right abouth map),aim not grudge(or what these word mean).I just say that aim finaly happy that someon help me with dots,and i now can see what solution will be pleased for people here,then i can apply dots explanation to mine map,so everybody is satisfy. Some other people(not you Gimil)confused with dots(who are very similar to mine,almost same,but its a little darken).
Any way i give you 100% support to continue with dots.

also i think that map its to dark,i think that must be more light.

I have no idea what he means with the dots (it's complete gibberish to me), but I agree that the map is too dark. Lighten it up a bit.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:56 pm

I love the gameplay concept, but frankly there are a ton of maps of Europe, if you count the ones in the works... I personally wouldn't stand for so many maps of anywhere, including the US (except for world maps, of course). Europe, "Europa", Medieval Europe, etc... it's too much.

But enough ranting. About this map: I would recommend letting any county attack the country. The mini-map of countries provides enough of a bottleneck in themselves. It seems to me that giving one territ within the countries that much importance makes the other territs within a country far too insignificant and boring.

Also... I don't know how this will effect gameplay, but: In the country mini-map, France borders 5 of the 7 other countries, whereas other countries like Portugal and Italy only border one. Just something I noticed.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby seamusk on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:55 pm

First, I like the gameplay idea. The idea of forcing attacks via bottleneck points is interesting. But also problematic as pointed out above. I would highly recommend a couple of things. One is that each country have two ways in and out. Most revolutionary armies in Europe (and America) communicated with each other through a variety of channels and even leant each other armed support at times. Also, regions of each country would vary by their support for rebellions which usually have stronger areas of support. I would suggest that you identify what some of these strongpoints were and identify them as secondary means for shifting between countries. As is it is kind of like have a bunch of Australias (classic) if I understand gameplay correctly.

My other concern is size. I think a map like this would be a lot more interesting if it weren't in that under 50 territory range that is starting to saturate the site. I think the theme is great, but these are the things I would do to make the map better, yet keep it simple.
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Ditocoaf on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:17 am

seamusk wrote:My other concern is size. I think a map like this would be a lot more interesting if it weren't in that under 50 territory range that is starting to saturate the site.

The "under 50 territory range" maps are starting to saturate the site? Classic has 42 territs.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 am

Ditocoaf wrote:I love the gameplay concept, but frankly there are a ton of maps of Europe, if you count the ones in the works... I personally wouldn't stand for so many maps of anywhere, including the US (except for world maps, of course). Europe, "Europa", Medieval Europe, etc... it's too much.

I'm pretty sure we only have 1 Europe map at the moment - compared to about 5 North American maps?

Ditocoaf wrote:But enough ranting. About this map: I would recommend letting any county attack the country. The mini-map of countries provides enough of a bottleneck in themselves. It seems to me that giving one territ within the countries that much importance makes the other territs within a country far too insignificant and boring.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Ditocoaf wrote:Also... I don't know how this will effect gameplay, but: In the country mini-map, France borders 5 of the 7 other countries, whereas other countries like Portugal and Italy only border one. Just something I noticed.

BTW There are 8 countries... but yes France is the pivotal balance point - which is why it is worth the most - it is the maps Asia!!

To increase routes - I was thinking Britain should also attack Holland.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby seamusk on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:00 am

Ditocoaf wrote:
seamusk wrote:My other concern is size. I think a map like this would be a lot more interesting if it weren't in that under 50 territory range that is starting to saturate the site.

The "under 50 territory range" maps are starting to saturate the site? Classic has 42 territs.

yes classic has 42 territories. :?
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Ogrecrusher on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:13 am

Any reason you've chosen Ossory as the name for what I'd think should be Leinster?
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 am

Ogrecrusher wrote:Any reason you've chosen Ossory as the name for what I'd think should be Leinster?

blame yeti :P

ill update later today guys.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 am

Ogrecrusher wrote:Any reason you've chosen Ossory as the name for what I'd think should be Leinster?

Taken from the Irish map really - if you reckon it should be Leinster - and you're Irish?

Then it should probably be Leinster.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:31 am

Maybe to explain cities say.

To Conquer Europe attack the cities. The cities can overthrow the current powers and take the nation in a small battle.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:09 am

max is gr8 wrote:Maybe to explain cities say.

To Conquer Europe attack the cities. The cities can overthrow the current powers and take the nation in a small battle.

We decided were going to drop the cities to reduce the length of bottlenecks.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby t-o-m on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:22 am

gimil wrote:

i think he's trying to say:
These dots doont repreesint towns but mine view but these mapper vill be verry interesting.
He doesnt undestand what the dots are, but after not liking them, he says that he is glad they're there. He is at one with the red dots but thinks that others would not understand them. He would like an explanation of them in a box. He refers to another map with a dot problem.

one thing, would ireland be sort of, a bottleneck? to the rest of the uk?
Major t-o-m

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:22 am

Sure, qwert's post was fairly opaque, but it still seems to me that it's fairly easy to understand:
Now these going to bee very interesting from mine perspective. I will very carefyl follow the situation with these red dots,its very similar with one map,who have problem to explane people even what dots present,and i must say that aim glad that you put dots on map.I hope that people not be confused with all these dots.

translation of qwert wrote:Wow, red dots represent towns! What a shocker! :shock: (sarcasm)
This is very interesting to me. I'm going to watch this map very carefully. This is very similar to another map that I am making, where people keep asking me to explain what the dots mean. That's why I'm so glad to see another map with red dots on it. I hope that people won't be confused with all these dots! (more sarcasm, I think)
I'm not confused by this map here, and I understand that the dots mean towns, even without any explanation written in a box in the margins.
Hopefully the fact that this map has dots in it will help people not be confused in the other map. :lol:

The map he is referring to is probably his Imperium Romanium map.

Ditocoaf's Translation Service. Recommend us to your friends!

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 am

Ditocoaf wrote:Sure, qwert's post was fairly opaque, but it still seems to me that it's fairly easy to understand:
Now these going to bee very interesting from mine perspective. I will very carefyl follow the situation with these red dots,its very similar with one map,who have problem to explane people even what dots present,and i must say that aim glad that you put dots on map.I hope that people not be confused with all these dots.

translation of qwert wrote:Wow, red dots represent towns! What a shocker! :shock: (sarcasm)
This is very interesting to me. I'm going to watch this map very carefully. This is very similar to another map that I am making, where people keep asking me to explain what the dots mean. That's why I'm so glad to see another map with red dots on it. I hope that people won't be confused with all these dots! (more sarcasm, I think)
I'm not confused by this map here, and I understand that the dots mean towns, even without any explanation written in a box in the margins.
Hopefully the fact that this map has dots in it will help people not be confused in the other map. :lol:

The map he is referring to is probably his Imperium Romanium map.

Ditocoaf's Translation Service. Recommend us to your friends!

Well it's a shame for him that we're removing the red dots then.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Qwert on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 am

Realy? But what will you put to represent towns? Dont tell me that you will remove town also.

Good translation Ditocoaf,but these is not sarcasam,i honestly belive that these can help to mine map.If people understand dots here(in some form of map explanation)i whas ready to apply these explanation for mine map to.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:52 am

qwert wrote:

Realy? But what will you put to represent towns? Dont tell me that you will remove town also.

Yep...

As stated before - (by ditocoaf I think) if we only allow capital "cities" to attack the country - then the map would be massively bottlenecked...

We want to have all the counties allowed to attack the countries. - thus the bottleneck & impassibles lie in the "minimap".

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box