Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - World of Ogygia

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Colosseum Wars Version 1.0

Postby Androidz on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Update on Map in one of the following days. Maixum Thursday. Minnium later today. we will see.
Private Androidz

Re: World of Ogygia Version 2.0 (Before:Colosseum Wars)

Postby Androidz on Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Map UPDATED!!=)

Check out the To Do list for more to come:)

Also if you still dont like what you see ressugest but pliss check our To Do LIst first:)

Page 1. First Post
Private Androidz

Postby Ethitts on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Looking much better, the sillouetes look cool, so does Pegasus. There are still a few things that bother me though:

1. Ogygia was an island which Calypso lived on in the Odysseus tales. So it doesn't seem right naming this map "World of Ogygia", at least "Island of Ogygia" is correct, but still doesn't follow mythological history at all.

2. Are your arena names meant to relate to the monsters/heroes? If so, it doesn't seem right having hydra in the arena of faith, or cyclops in the arena of gods.

3. There was only 1 Pegasus (although there was his brother Chrysaor). It doesn't really matter having many of them, but it might bother some people.

Other than those few minor things, keep up the good work! Oh yea, good stuff putting Mt Olympus in, it suits well with the map.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:11 pm

I like it quite a bit more now, nice update.
I still don't like the Hercules and Hydra textures, though. have you tried anything else to replace them?

Could you re-draw the bridges? the edges are really pixelated and it doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the map.

I might be back to post some more later.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby seamusk on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:42 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:Could you re-draw the bridges? the edges are really pixelated and it doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the map.

Ah yeah, I should do that. Basically started out too small and instead of re-drawing stretched them but I meant to redraw at some point. Thanks for catching that...
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:01 pm

seamusk wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:Could you re-draw the bridges? the edges are really pixelated and it doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the map.

Ah yeah, I should do that. Basically started out too small and instead of re-drawing stretched them but I meant to redraw at some point. Thanks for catching that...

What about the part you edited out of that quote?

the part where I said:

I still don't like the Hercules and Hydra textures, though. have you tried anything else to replace them?

Postby seamusk on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Well, that isn't up to me really. I wasn't ignoring it, just sticking to what I could say for sure. I know Androidz is fond of the purple. The other area has gotten a lot of compliments. So I'm not sure what he'll say. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring. Not my intent.
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:20 pm

I like the idea. I think this map has a lot of potential.

At the moment I have only one suggestion. The three Pegasus look exactly the same and look ugly on the map, no offense. Why don't you use only 1 Pegasus and make the others different flying mythical creatures (e.g. griffin, phoenix, harpy, Stymphalian bird, etc.)?
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby seamusk on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I like the idea. I think this map has a lot of potential.

At the moment I have only one suggestion. The three Pegasus look exactly the same and look ugly on the map, no offense. Why don't you use only 1 Pegasus and make the others different flying mythical creatures (e.g. griffin, phoenix, harpy, Stymphalian bird, etc.)?

I think that is an option we could do. Thanks!
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Androidz on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:I like it quite a bit more now, nice update.

Could you re-draw the bridges? the edges are really pixelated and it doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the map.

We can change the textures, i just havent found a decent looking colour yet, altough i like the colours in the Hydra area but if this is what the people wants it will be changed=)

Ethitts wrote:Looking much better, the sillouetes look cool, so does Pegasus. There are still a few things that bother me though:

1. Ogygia was an island which Calypso lived on in the Odysseus tales. So it doesn't seem right naming this map "World of Ogygia", at least "Island of Ogygia" is correct, but still doesn't follow mythological history at all.

Yes calypso lived on this island, and after some reading on the internett this island should have been crowded by Fables/Historic creatures so it does at some point follow the mythology. And many things can have happen in centuries (adding a quote later explaining)

Ethitts wrote:2. Are your arena names meant to relate to the monsters/heroes? If so, it doesn't seem right having hydra in the arena of faith, or cyclops in the arena of gods.

Not really im just not good at finding up arena names:P But we can work something out i think. And Yeah the Coleseum of gods will be changed i think we forgot that:)

Ethitts wrote:3. There was only 1 Pegasus (although there was his brother Chrysaor). It doesn't really matter having many of them, but it might bother some people.

Hmm true, i think i will use Mr. Squirrel idea on this.

Other than those few minor things, keep up the good work! Oh yea, good stuff putting Mt Olympus in, it suits well with the map.
Private Androidz

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Androidz wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:I like it quite a bit more now, nice update.

We can change the textures, i just havent found a decent looking colour yet, altough i like the colours in the Hydra area but if this is what the people wants it will be changed=)

The color of Hydra is fine, I just don't like the jagged texture you have on top of it. the only color I have a problem with is the purple.

Postby Androidz on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:23 am

it will be changed:)

It will probbably be some time before the next update, since my map maker has other maps to be made + some other things to do but when were on it we make sure the next update is a mayor update like this one untill then post comments we add it all:)
Private Androidz

Postby Androidz on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Yeah seamusk is on it. (forgot to respound to this one:P)
Private Androidz

Postby Joodoo on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:46 am

current suggestions from me are:
1.Improve graphics (if you like, I'm just too picky about it).
2.Determine bonuses for each region.
3.Decide if you want to include additional features such as one way attacks or bombardment (would make gameplay much more interesting).
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby dunc_2007 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:01 am

Wasn't Demeter an Olympian?
Sergeant 1st Class dunc_2007

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:36 am

Joodoo wrote:current suggestions from me are:
1.Improve graphics (if you like, I'm just too picky about it).
2.Determine bonuses for each region.
3.Decide if you want to include additional features such as one way attacks or bombardment (would make gameplay much more interesting).

not to be picky or anything but lol seem to be you didint read what i wrote below the map.All the things your saying is either finished or being added. We have posted in the update cause my mapmaker is gone for sometime:P

But yeah i tottaly agra in all your points were just a bit slow=)

dunc_2007 wrote:Wasn't Demeter an Olympian?

Yeah he was, but i cant add every single god to the olympus only the most known ones. theres over 10-20 gods i havent added:D
Private Androidz

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:42 pm

Androidz wrote:

Yeah he was, but i cant add every single god to the olympus only the most known ones. theres over 10-20 gods i havent added:D

Actually there were only 12 major Gods that ruled on Olympus: Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Hestia, Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Hephaestus, and Hermes. The only other Gods that were major were Hades (who already had a throne in the underworld) and Dionysus (god of wine and merriment) and even he later became an Olympian but only after Hestia left. So, in the heavens on your map, get rid of Persephone (she was the wife of Hades, far from being an Olympian) and add Demeter and/or Dionysus.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Androidz wrote:

Actually there were only 12 major Gods that ruled on Olympus: Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Hestia, Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Hephaestus, and Hermes. The only other Gods that were major were Hades (who already had a throne in the underworld) and Dionysus (god of wine and merriment) and even he later became an Olympian but only after Hestia left. So, in the heavens on your map, get rid of Persephone (she was the wife of Hades, far from being an Olympian) and add Demeter and/or Dionysus.

sure m8=)
Private Androidz

Postby Natewolfman on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:19 pm

I love the graphics and the gameplay seems quite in depth and intreguing... id like to see this one go through to forge ;)
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:20 pm

thx:)
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:31 am

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Androidz wrote:

When the Gods were cut from their TITAN father's belley, they drew for kingdoms. Hades got the underworld, Posidon the seas, and Zeus the heavans. So, while in many story's Posidon is chillin' up in the heavens, he doesn't neccisaraly belong up there. Just wanted to point that out. Also, Dionysus was a kick-ass god.

Maybe that could be added to the map in some crazy way.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:54 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Androidz wrote:

When the Gods were cut from their TITAN father's belley, they drew for kingdoms. Hades got the underworld, Posidon the seas, and Zeus the heavans. So, while in many story's Posidon is chillin' up in the heavens, he doesn't neccisaraly belong up there. Just wanted to point that out. Also, Dionysus was a kick-ass god.

Maybe that could be added to the map in some crazy way.

That will be hard to work out unless he can pe placed in the Watercaves??what you think about that???
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:03 am

Androidz wrote:That will be hard to work out unless he can pe placed in the Watercaves??what you think about that???

It sounds good! I was just lobbbing that out there and didn't really expect a response! I imagine it would be hard at this point to add two major gods to the map. But if you could do it, It would kick-ass.
They could be used for anything.....huh........
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 am

i will see what i can do=)
Private Androidz

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:06 am

Pool Up.
Private Androidz

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box