[Abandoned] - Ant Wars

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 am

Wow think surely got confusing. But it looks great.

Ants look alike, cant seem to find the Egs and what the hell is the things on the bottom? A P H S?


-100armies for holding what diffrent ants?


Haveing the same white thingy on Queens and Nusery can be confusing. Try to make the queen a throne room for ants or something.
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:42 am

Androidz wrote:Wow think surely got confusing. But it looks great.

Ants look alike, cant seem to find the Egs and what the hell is the things on the bottom? A P H S?


-100armies for holding what diffrent ants?


Haveing the same white thingy on Queens and Nusery can be confusing. Try to make the queen a throne room for ants or something.


You might want to spend a little more time reading the map. But yea, it probably needs a bit more of an explanation in the legend.
ImageImage
User avatar
Major Ethitts
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:45 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Wow think surely got confusing. But it looks great.

Ants look alike, cant seem to find the Egs and what the hell is the things on the bottom? A P H S?


-100armies for holding what diffrent ants?


Haveing the same white thingy on Queens and Nusery can be confusing. Try to make the queen a throne room for ants or something.


You might want to spend a little more time reading the map. But yea, it probably needs a bit more of an explanation in the legend.


Yeah i know i could spent a few more min on it but i dont players want to use 3 min of their life learning the rules if the legend isint clear enough.

But i love the consept, and i think its great that your going to work on the legend:)
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 am

Androidz wrote:
Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Wow think surely got confusing. But it looks great.

Ants look alike, cant seem to find the Egs and what the hell is the things on the bottom? A P H S?


-100armies for holding what diffrent ants?


Haveing the same white thingy on Queens and Nusery can be confusing. Try to make the queen a throne room for ants or something.


You might want to spend a little more time reading the map. But yea, it probably needs a bit more of an explanation in the legend.


Yeah i know i could spent a few more min on it but i dont players want to use 3 min of their life learning the rules if the legend isint clear enough.

But i love the consept, and i think its great that your going to work on the legend:)


Fair enough. But I have played on maps quite confusing before and it didn't stop me ;), and personally, if you want to win a map you might want to spend a bit of time learning it.
ImageImage
User avatar
Major Ethitts
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:50 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:
Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Wow think surely got confusing. But it looks great.

Ants look alike, cant seem to find the Egs and what the hell is the things on the bottom? A P H S?


-100armies for holding what diffrent ants?


Haveing the same white thingy on Queens and Nusery can be confusing. Try to make the queen a throne room for ants or something.


You might want to spend a little more time reading the map. But yea, it probably needs a bit more of an explanation in the legend.


Yeah i know i could spent a few more min on it but i dont players want to use 3 min of their life learning the rules if the legend isint clear enough.

But i love the consept, and i think its great that your going to work on the legend:)


Fair enough. But I have played on maps quite confusing before and it didn't stop me ;)


Yup me to, Waterloo was confusing but when i understood it it become quite easy:D


So correct me if im wrong if i have Honey ants, and Army ants. Then i will have a penalty deployrate of 1 each turn instead of exs: 8?
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 am

Androidz wrote:Yup me to, Waterloo was confusing but when i understood it it become quite easy:D


So correct me if im wrong if i have Honey ants, and Army ants. Then i will have a penalty deployrate of 1 each turn instead of exs: 8?


uhhhh, what do you mean by "exs: 8"? If you hold more than 1 species of ant (Army ant and Honey pot ant for example). Then you will recieve negative 100 armies per turn. Since 1 is the lowest you can get, unless your total bonus is above 100 (which I think is nearly impossible) then you will receive 1 army per turn.

This is too stop people abusing the bonuses. You can only have 1 species of ant
ImageImage
User avatar
Major Ethitts
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Yup me to, Waterloo was confusing but when i understood it it become quite easy:D


So correct me if im wrong if i have Honey ants, and Army ants. Then i will have a penalty deployrate of 1 each turn instead of exs: 8?


uhhhh, what do you mean by "exs: 8"? If you hold more than 1 species of ant (Army ant and Honey pot ant for example). Then you will recieve negative 100 armies per turn. Since 1 is the lowest you can get, unless your total bonus is above 100 (which I think is nearly impossible) then you will receive 1 army per turn.

This is too stop people abusing the bonuses. You can only have 1 species of ant


Exactly what i was asking for=) Ever tought off adding 4 more ants? With other types of bonuses? Maybe then you can hold 2 if diffrent sections or something??
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:01 am

Androidz wrote:Exactly what i was asking for=) Ever tought off adding 4 more ants? With other types of bonuses? Maybe then you can hold 2 if diffrent sections or something??


I'll stick with the 4 I have for now. I'm lacking in space at the moment, that's why my explanations in the legend are a bit lacking in detail. Any more species will make things way too cluttered.
ImageImage
User avatar
Major Ethitts
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:10 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Exactly what i was asking for=) Ever tought off adding 4 more ants? With other types of bonuses? Maybe then you can hold 2 if diffrent sections or something??


I'll stick with the 4 I have for now. I'm lacking in space at the moment, that's why my explanations in the legend are a bit lacking in detail. Any more species will make things way too cluttered.


True but heres an Legend Suggestion for a better Overweiv.

- Change Colour of ANT WARS tittle.

- Change Strenght. With Green Colours.

- Change Negative With Red Colours.

- Is the part saying you start with one of the eggs + not take 2 ants factions really necearry people will see that when they start playing. You Can change to conquer one of the factions to lead your ant empire to victory. Or something

- Make The Tittle with the part above makeing in the corner. Then set the part above above the -100part.

- Set Bonuses over the bonuses. And Factions over the Factions (or Spices.)

-Make the egg an actully big egg.with the army numbers it will look better;)

-Again the Nursery and The Background of the queen is to alike. Change the Queen background to something amazing.
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:15 am

Androidz wrote:
Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Exactly what i was asking for=) Ever tought off adding 4 more ants? With other types of bonuses? Maybe then you can hold 2 if diffrent sections or something??


I'll stick with the 4 I have for now. I'm lacking in space at the moment, that's why my explanations in the legend are a bit lacking in detail. Any more species will make things way too cluttered.


True but heres an Legend Suggestion for a better Overweiv.

- Change Colour of ANT WARS tittle.

- Change Strenght. With Green Colours.

- Change Negative With Red Colours.

- Is the part saying you start with one of the eggs + not take 2 ants factions really necearry people will see that when they start playing. You Can change to conquer one of the factions to lead your ant empire to victory. Or something

- Make The Tittle with the part above makeing in the corner. Then set the part above above the -100part.

- Set Bonuses over the bonuses. And Factions over the Factions (or Spices.)

-Make the egg an actully big egg.with the army numbers it will look better;)

-Again the Nursery and The Background of the queen is to alike. Change the Queen background to something amazing.



All great suggestions, thanks Androidz. I will get to work on those tomorrow though, for I am tired. :)
ImageImage
User avatar
Major Ethitts
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Androidz on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:17 am

Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:
Ethitts wrote:
Androidz wrote:Exactly what i was asking for=) Ever tought off adding 4 more ants? With other types of bonuses? Maybe then you can hold 2 if diffrent sections or something??


I'll stick with the 4 I have for now. I'm lacking in space at the moment, that's why my explanations in the legend are a bit lacking in detail. Any more species will make things way too cluttered.


True but heres an Legend Suggestion for a better Overweiv.

- Change Colour of ANT WARS tittle.

- Change Strenght. With Green Colours.

- Change Negative With Red Colours.

- Is the part saying you start with one of the eggs + not take 2 ants factions really necearry people will see that when they start playing. You Can change to conquer one of the factions to lead your ant empire to victory. Or something

- Make The Tittle with the part above makeing in the corner. Then set the part above above the -100part.

- Set Bonuses over the bonuses. And Factions over the Factions (or Spices.)

-Make the egg an actully big egg.with the army numbers it will look better;)

-Again the Nursery and The Background of the queen is to alike. Change the Queen background to something amazing.



All great suggestions, thanks Androidz. I will get to work on those tomorrow though, for I am tired. :)


yeay finnaly some1 appricateing my suggestions:D

Hehe sleep well^^
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby ZeakCytho on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:23 am

Which queen goes to which egg?

Also, since the species selector can attack the species choice, the queen will need to be able to bombard the individual species choices to eliminate someone, no?
User avatar
Captain ZeakCytho
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:36 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby Ethitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:46 am

ZeakCytho wrote:Which queen goes to which egg?

Also, since the species selector can attack the species choice, the queen will need to be able to bombard the individual species choices to eliminate someone, no?


Once I label the territories you will see which queen belongs to which egg. The queen can also bombard the individual species surrounding it's egg. I forgot to mention that on the map. That will be added in my next update.
ImageImage
User avatar
Major Ethitts
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby bryguy on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09 pm

1) The map is a little confusing, and some of the wording could be reworded
2) I like what you did for the borders
3) I dont care for the texture of the dirt. It doesnt look like dirt
4) sorry dont have much more time to comment
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Ant Wars - New gameplay style!

Postby foregone on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:32 am

I like the concept, definitely interesting, in a good way.

Graphics wise I think you could probably play with the texture to get something more sand/dirt like.

I realise you're probably still mucking about with it, but the food chambers could look different. Right now its kinda like green airbrush.

The explanation, though complete, could be stated more concisely. I think it just may be the order or placement or somesuch but maybe put it into a more paragraphy type thing at the top which details the gameplay style and dump the bonuses and weaknesses in a legend at the bottom maybe?

Are the bonuses enough? It seems if you select army ant you have to conquer at least 5 territories for each +1 you get. Thats gonna make progress painful. Or it might just be me.

Very cool though.
Lieutenant foregone
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 1:00 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login