Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Pirates v Ninjas

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pirates v Ninjas - Real Version Up on pg 11! Kinda Sorta!

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 am

Not at all. It's not staying, sadly.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby PyroKid55 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:45 am

have you considered putting in more ships, or other pirate territories?
beisdes that I like how the map's going :D
Cadet PyroKid55

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:56 pm

PyroKid55 wrote:have you considered putting in more ships, or other pirate territories?
beisdes that I like how the map's going :D

There's going to be a rowboat or two going up to the boat, and that's it. That will be about 11 or 12 pirate territories. I think that should be enough.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Is there going to be an update?
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm working on it, yeah.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby andy_is_awesome on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:12 pm

I think this is going to be fun! Keep it up!

Now my two cents.

Turtles? I don't like turtles. How about aliens. Have a UFO hovering over the beach, beaming down some slimey green dudes.

I don't like the x-ray profile of the pirate ship. It take away from the fluidity of the map.
You should do the ships like the D-Day map. With rowboats and all.

Other than that everything looks great. I'm looking forward to it.

and a third cent. could you throw in some sharks. but maybe that would be too much.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Sharks is a wonderful idea. UFO idea was pretty much rejected already (though maybe I can squeeze one UFO on one territory?). Also, I need the side-view of the ship for the cannons. Plus, without it, there would be way too few pirate territories.

Anyway, here it is, Version... 1! Yes, it's an integer version!

As you can see, I changed the cliffs, added starting neutral values for the beach (and part of the cliffs), and add territory names.

Click image to enlarge.

wca had the idea of making a hill with little terraces instead of a cliff. One-way attacks down the hill, with the only way to go up being stairs. The stairs would be spread apart, to make it difficult for the zombies to "climb" the hill (assuming the settings have zombie neutrals, which would be recommended).
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Re: Pirates v Ninjas - Full Version on pg 1+13

Postby CoolC on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:24 am

Wow, this is really progressing as a serious map :)

I think the ninjas are underbalanced compared to the pirates right now, they got the big bonus for the pirate ship plus bombardment and the ninjas only have cliffs? There should be something more then cliffs. Also, i hope you will make a house (graphically) at the monastary territory.

Awesome if this become a quenched map :D
I don't need a 500px image in my signature because I don't have anything to compensate for.
Corporal CoolC

Postby Natewolfman on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:04 am

I think you should take off alot of cliff regions and make the mansion like a large house with many tert's in it.

Also with the boat, you could blow that up and make it more detailed, but if not, make some stairs or doorways on the inside so we know what can attack what (unless they all can)
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby InkL0sed on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 pm

CoolC wrote:Wow, this is really progressing as a serious map :)

Thanks a lot :)

I think the ninjas are underbalanced compared to the pirates right now, they got the big bonus for the pirate ship plus bombardment and the ninjas only have cliffs? There should be something more then cliffs. Also, i hope you will make a house (graphically) at the monastary territory.

Awesome if this become a quenched map :D

Yay, game play comments! I need more of these.

I disagree about the ninjas. They have a tactical advantage with the one-way attacks down the cliffs (which they can hold with one territory because of this). Since there are 32 cliff territories, that's +17 armies (not including territory bonus) for holding all of the cliffs. The pirate ship, on the other hand, yields +5 (or +10 with X), for far fewer territories.

Anyway, even if they are a little unbalanced, I'm not sure if it's too much of an issue. There are a lot of bonuses in the beach that are up for grabs.

Natewolfman wrote:I think you should take off alot of cliff regions and make the mansion like a large house with many tert's in it.

Also with the boat, you could blow that up and make it more detailed, but if not, make some stairs or doorways on the inside so we know what can attack what (unless they all can)

I'm working on the pirate ship inset, this is very rough graphically at the moment.

If you mean a blow up of the Zombie Mansion, I'm not sure if I'd want to do that (or even have the space). If you mean the Ninja Monastery, I'm considering that.

Do you guys think I should do hills instead, with the path up the hill being staircases, or keep things as they are now?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Natewolfman on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 pm

yes i ment the ninja's

as for the cliff... perhaps make it an actual cliff face, with rope ladders connecting certain routes, but not everything (if that makes sense) like every territory is a new tier
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby a.sub on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 am

wait if the cliff is one way how do u get to the monestary?
Cadet a.sub

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:26 am

Yeah, I don't think it's explained in the legend, but you can only attack up the cliffs along that raised pathway. But you can attack downwards from anywhere.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby CoolC on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:30 am

Heh, I didn't mean to insult you, just that the title/idea isn't very serious. But that may be a good thing, CC need more funny maps and this internet meme works perfect for a map :)

I think NateW's suggesting of removing a few cliff areas (maybe 3?) and instead creating a larger Ninja monastary was a good idea! The ninjas deserve a cool place to hang out!

question: is there a border between cliff 4 and the zombie mansion?
I don't need a 500px image in my signature because I don't have anything to compensate for.
Corporal CoolC

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:49 am

CoolC wrote:Heh, I didn't mean to insult you, just that the title/idea isn't very serious. But that may be a good thing, CC need more funny maps and this internet meme works perfect for a map :)

I think NateW's suggesting of removing a few cliff areas (maybe 3?) and instead creating a larger Ninja monastary was a good idea! The ninjas deserve a cool place to hang out!

question: is there a border between cliff 4 and the zombie mansion?

Insulted? I'm not insulted in the slightest, I'm glad you're interested ;)

I'm not rejecting the Ninja Monastery idea, just not sure about it. My only hesitation is that there are already very many more ninja territories than pirate territories, and I don't want to increase that gap even further.

And yes, Cliff 4 can attack Zombie Mansion one-way.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby a.sub on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:15 am

InkL0sed wrote:Yeah, I don't think it's explained in the legend, but you can only attack up the cliffs along that raised pathway. But you can attack downwards from anywhere.

i would make the raised platform more see-able, maybe make it paved?
Cadet a.sub

Postby Herakilla on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 pm

a.sub wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:Yeah, I don't think it's explained in the legend, but you can only attack up the cliffs along that raised pathway. But you can attack downwards from anywhere.

i would make the raised platform more see-able, maybe make it paved?

make it paved or even different names, maybe make it not be part of the bonus since imo the ninjas are way overpowered because of the one ways and only one way up, too easy to defend. this map is gonna be epic when you finish! :D
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Re: Pirates v Ninjas - pg 1+13 - A Call for help

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Alright guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with the pirate ship. I just can't seem to get it right. Is there anybody out there that can help? For that matter, I could use help in general from somebody with good graphics skills. I promise full appreciation in the credits of the map (ie, your sig will be on it too)!
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby a.sub on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:22 pm

InkL0sed wrote:Alright guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with the pirate ship. I just can't seem to get it right. Is there anybody out there that can help? For that matter, I could use help in general from somebody with good graphics skills. I promise full appreciation in the credits of the map (ie, your sig will be on it too)!

im not very good with these things but i will try for u, also would u mind if i changes the game play a bit? id rather have it so there are a fleet of maybe 2 or three ships, and they can bombard the beaches from only the cannon areas
Cadet a.sub

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:30 pm

a.sub wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:Alright guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with the pirate ship. I just can't seem to get it right. Is there anybody out there that can help? For that matter, I could use help in general from somebody with good graphics skills. I promise full appreciation in the credits of the map (ie, your sig will be on it too)!

im not very good with these things but i will try for u, also would u mind if i changes the game play a bit? id rather have it so there are a fleet of maybe 2 or three ships, and they can bombard the beaches from only the cannon areas

Actually, e_i_pi has just PM'd me offering his help, and I've accepted. Plus, the point was to have someone who is a little better than "not very good at these things" - it wouldn't be much help to me, otherwise.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby xruan on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 pm

I think you should have more rowboats connected to the beach. One row boat connected at the far left just isnt balanced enough for my liking. Also, you say the beaches can bombarded by pirate ship. Can you also advance into the territories or no?

I still like the cliffs from feudal better.
Captain xruan

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:12 pm

xruan wrote:I think you should have more rowboats connected to the beach. One row boat connected at the far left just isnt balanced enough for my liking. Also, you say the beaches can bombarded by pirate ship. Can you also advance into the territories or no?

I thought you didn't like the Feudal cliffs?

More rowboats is a plus, ok.

And bombardments mean you can't advance. That's kind of the point.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby xruan on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:46 pm

InkL0sed wrote:
xruan wrote:I think you should have more rowboats connected to the beach. One row boat connected at the far left just isnt balanced enough for my liking. Also, you say the beaches can bombarded by pirate ship. Can you also advance into the territories or no?

so you can only advance through the rowboat?

No, Ink, I always said I liked the feudal cliffs. wca said he didnt like them
Captain xruan

Postby a.sub on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 am

InkL0sed wrote:
a.sub wrote:

Actually, e_i_pi has just PM'd me offering his help, and I've accepted. Plus, the point was to have someone who is a little better than "not very good at these things" - it wouldn't be much help to me, otherwise.

haha ok that prolly makes sense good luck, and ill make sure to keep up and complain :lol:
Cadet a.sub

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 am

xruan wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:

so you can only advance through the rowboat?

No, Ink, I always said I liked the feudal cliffs. wca said he didnt like them

As things are, you can only get to and from the pirate ship from the row boat, yeah.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box