Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - CC's Treasure Island

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC's Treasure Island V3(p2) - Terr. Names?

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:55 am

these graphics are great, but I would lose the curve in the paper though.
Captain mibi

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:55 am

mibi wrote:these graphics are great, but I would lose the curve in the paper though.

thanks mibi, i was thinking the same thing about the curves, although i am still working on the graphics, they're none too hot IMHO yet. ;)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Maybe I missed something, but what makes the paths fair to get from the boats to the treasure.
Right now the Black Marque seems to have a really short path, while all the other ships have quite a bit farther to go.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:45 pm

I'm really liking the look of this map, I think you should continue it.

wcaclimbing wrote:Maybe I missed something, but what makes the paths fair to get from the boats to the treasure.
Right now the Black Marque seems to have a really short path, while all the other ships have quite a bit farther to go.

I agree. You have to make each path fair on every side. Also, I think you should add to the objective that you must hold both of the territories of one of the pirate ship in addition to the treasure, after all how can you sail away with the treasure with only half of the ship under your control? The way I see it, games on this map will be very quick and decided entirely on your rolls. By forcing a player to hold both sides of a pirate ship, the players will have to battle each other as well as fight the neutrals for the treasure. It will greatly lengthen the duration and strategy necessary for this map.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:02 pm

I would say that instead of holding the treasure for one turn, it should be three. This will improve a lot:
1. games longer
2. not decided by whoever is the luckiest and gets to the treasure first
3. will allow 2 player games, right now those will be 100% luck
4. this will force the players to concentrate on bonuses, if they just auto-attack to the x, they can hold it for one round, but 3 rounds requires some back up troops. in the three round version, taking the "x" first will not be the best thing as you will not be able to hold it
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby mibi on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:21 am

I think you need a better title. The possessive form of CC makes it sound like CC is a person, like Cici, which reminds me of some Japanese manga dwarf.

I would much prefer Cairn's Treasure Island. I can much more imagine a Cairns with an eye patch than a... Ci Ci.
Captain mibi

Postby cairnswk on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 am

mibi wrote:I think you need a better title. The possessive form of CC makes it sound like CC is a person, like Cici, which reminds me of some Japanese manga dwarf.

I would much prefer Cairn's Treasure Island. I can much more imagine a Cairns with an eye patch than a... Ci Ci.

OK...i can live with that...nice suggestion :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:16 pm

This map has been moved into temporary retirement, as It would appear that development has stalled.

If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the CAs will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system ;-)

Mr B
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to Recycling Box