[Abandoned] - Zodiac Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Zodiac Map(v6.4.5 on First post and page 16)

Postby natty dread on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am

The first one is marked "free for personal use" so you can't use it here...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Zodiac Map(v6.4.5 on First post and page 16)

Postby rsacheli on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 am

i changed the font and now need to adjust the glows on them to make them more readable... update coming very soon!
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Zodiac Map(v7 on First post and page 18)

Postby rsacheli on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:24 am

Well, this map got a whole lot sexier. Maybe use a secondary font for the smaller text, it's a tad hard to read. And the Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall thing at the top-right is really squished, see if you can make it less. And maybe explore new background images, this one doesn't have really anything distinguishable. Also, change your signature font.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am

If you are no longer doing the elements and the seasons, then maybe the colours need to be unified. I mean, if Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces are all winter blue in the legend, shouldn't they be the same on the map?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:10 pm

ender516 wrote:If you are no longer doing the elements and the seasons, then maybe the colours need to be unified. I mean, if Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces are all winter blue in the legend, shouldn't they be the same on the map?

Well, the issue there is they're all adjacent bonus areas, so it'd be hard to distinguish between them.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Then change the legend to use the proper colours. The seasons are denoted by the symbols on the troop circles. Of course, those will be hidden by the numbers, which is why I originally suggested (I think) that the symbols surround the circles, so that they would be more visible.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:54 am

ender516 wrote:Then change the legend to use the proper colours. The seasons are denoted by the symbols on the troop circles. Of course, those will be hidden by the numbers, which is why I originally suggested (I think) that the symbols surround the circles, so that they would be more visible.

Which is another reason we are allowing this to go supersize a tad bit to make it clearer.

rsacheli, are you working on a slightly larger version to help with the clarity issues? If so can we please see the larger sizes?
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby rsacheli on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:27 pm

I havent started making a larger version... yet... I want to try to keep this size if I can...
I will change the glows to make it more readable...
Ill also play with expanding the season markings beyond the circles...

As for my signature font, whats wrong with that? It should be different from the main font so that its not confused with the rest of the map text?
Private rsacheli

Postby rsacheli on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Private rsacheli

Re: Zodiac Map(v7.1 on First post and page 18)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Well those few changes look better. But you are going to have to make this small bigger so that the 888's don't overlap each other in a few spots. Upsize this to 700x670 for the small and put the 888's on it so we can see them please. I don't think you will have to go any larger than this for the small, as for the large you probably won't have to go any bigger, but I'll let my other carto's give their opinion as well.
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby rsacheli on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:34 pm

when did it switch to 888? it used to be just 88 and if it went triple digits then it remained centered on the circle and that was that...
Private rsacheli

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:53 pm

rsacheli wrote:when did it switch to 888? it used to be just 88 and if it went triple digits then it remained centered on the circle and that was that...

Actually, just the fist 2 8's are centered.
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby rsacheli on Sat May 07, 2011 6:14 pm

on vacation next two weeks, no updates will be posted, but i might get a chance to work on it a bit...
Private rsacheli

Postby OliverFA on Wed May 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello! Don't know if that's been asked before. So forgive me if I am repeating the question. But I wonder why the sign shapes are not present in the map. Having such a clear and definite theme, it seems natural that the signs can be seen in the map. At least the outlines of the constellations. Also, shouldn't the stars in the map mirror the real stars in the sky?
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Lieutenant OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box