[Abandoned] - Zodiac Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Zodiac Map(v4.0 on First post)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:21 am

i appreciate your comments, however, i dont know how many more territs i can take out before i completely destroy the closeness to reality... iv already removed a lot...

also, as for too many connections, the most connections any one territ has is 6... i can remove SOME more, but right now i want to get a little more input...
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:22 am

i like the new version... but i don't see a bonus for each individual constellation
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:23 am

and black hole is -10???? how does someone who gets deployed on there do any damage?

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Ethitts on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:34 am

The brightness still hurts my eyes......
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby bbqpenguin on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:57 pm

i like this version much better, i'm glad you worked on spacing out the stars a bit and using up some of that empty space. also the fewer attacking lines is a big improvement, and is much less confusing. i'd still like to see a few fewer inter-constellational connections, but i'll let someone else put in some input about that
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:10 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:i like the new version... but i don't see a bonus for each individual constellation

There isnt any... each constellation is part of 2 bonuses, to have each one have its own bonus would completely overpower anyone who owned the season or element group its in as well

whitestazn88 wrote:and black hole is -10???? how does someone who gets deployed on there do any damage?

the black hole will have 10 Neutral armies to start... no one will get deployed there...
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby bbqpenguin on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 pm

i don't really get the bonuses here.... so you're saying that in order to get a bonus you have to hold, say either all fire signs or all winter signs? i think it'd be near impossible to do either of those things

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:08 pm

all the seasonal signs are grouped next to each other...

the harder ones to hold would be the elemental signs, which are like in the chinese checkers map or 8 thoughts where you get a bonus if you hold the ones across from each other... but in this you have to hold 3 that are evenly spaced... it will be near impossible, but the seasons shouldnt be too bad...

I could add in bonuses for each constellation, marking the bonuses next to the names on the map... IDK, this idea needs more thought/input

UPDATE POSTED IN 1ST POST
I removed a few interconstellation signs and dimmed the brightness a bit, and reduces the lighter effect that i had place on the background to lighten it to help reduce contrast...
Private rsacheli

Re: Zodiac Map(v4.3 on First post)

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm

I'd still prefer to have a few less attack lines between the stars, especially the lines that cross eachother.
Too many lines of attack and you will probably end up with stalemates where you can't hold any bonuses cause you have too many borders to defend.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:05 pm

I will reduce the attack lines some more for my next update... I have also added the numbers for each territ name...

I recently lost my internet access at home, so there might be a little delay before my next update... i do still have internet access at work and school, but can not upload from work... I have been sick so I havent been in class for the last week, I hope to return to class sometime either this week or next...
Private rsacheli

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 pm

the black hole is a waste.... there are too many attack routes to every bonus that you don't even need the black hole.

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:59 pm

I need input as to if i should include a bonus for each individual constellation...
Private rsacheli

Postby MrBenn on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm unable to see your most recent image.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby bbqpenguin on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

rsacheli wrote:I need input as to if i should include a bonus for each individual constellation...

i think you should, rangin from 3 to about 8 ish...

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:03 pm

bbqpenguin wrote:
rsacheli wrote:I need input as to if i should include a bonus for each individual constellation...

i think you should, rangin from 3 to about 8 ish...

3-8???

that would make ares and libra the strongest sections to hold... idk about that... needs more input
Private rsacheli

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box