[Abandoned] - Zodiac Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Zodiac Map(v5.0 on First post and page5)

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:32 pm

---IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE---
Last edited by rsacheli on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Zodiac Map(v5.1 on First post and page6)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:10 pm

---IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE---
Last edited by rsacheli on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:21 pm

I understood it clearly before, but I think the wording could be improved on the black hole bonus. why not just leave it at "-3 per bonus area held"? that is how most other maps do it.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:I understood it clearly before, but I think the wording could be improved on the black hole bonus. why not just leave it at "-3 per bonus area held"? that is how most other maps do it.

im taking a page out of 8 thoughts with the -amount per bonus area held, but I want a flat rate negative so that if someone holds it but doesnt have any other constellations, they will still get the negative...
Private rsacheli

Re: Zodiac Map(v5.2 on First post and page6)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 pm

Here is an alternate legend...
which do people like more??

Click image to enlarge.
Private rsacheli

Postby bbqpenguin on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:45 pm

black hole thing is a little hard to read
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:07 pm

bbqpenguin wrote:black hole thing is a little hard to read

will be fixed shortly... anything else?
Private rsacheli

Postby bbqpenguin on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:19 pm

rsacheli wrote:
bbqpenguin wrote:black hole thing is a little hard to read

will be fixed shortly... anything else?

eh, i dunno... i kind of think the black hole is a little excessivly complicated, but that might just be my stupidity and laziness showing. i think it would be easier to simply have 10 neutrals on there that respawn every turn , similar to the walls on the maze craze map or something, rather than messing with people's bonuses

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

i just overrode the previous... how is that for readable??

Anyone else have thoughts on the Black hole bonus thing????
Private rsacheli

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Make it a negative bonus per continent held, not the whole "+ # of continent held"

Simply have it read: "-5 per bonus region held"
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby bbqpenguin on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 pm

also, i like the individual bonuses thing. later i will go back and make sure the bonuses seem balanced but for now i think they're legit and good looking.

Postby rsacheli on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 am

The Neon Peon wrote:Make it a negative bonus per continent held, not the whole "+ # of continent held"

I want there to be a negative just for holding it even if no additional bonuses are held... how would you suggest I do this?
Private rsacheli

Postby bbqpenguin on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:40 pm

rsacheli wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote:Make it a negative bonus per continent held, not the whole "+ # of continent held"

I want there to be a negative just for holding it even if no additional bonuses are held... how would you suggest I do this?

well if you're set on the idea, maybe something like....

"-3 bonus, plus - 3 per bonus region held" or something.

Postby drake_259 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:40 pm

:) funny that the Aquarius is in Air when its got the most to do with Water
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Sergeant drake_259

Medals: 35
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:28 pm

drake_259 wrote::) funny that the Aquarius is in Air when its got the most to do with Water

i thought that too...........
Private rsacheli

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box