[Abandoned] - Isthmus of Panama

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Isthmus of Panama

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:51 pm

So, on the topic of the port symbols..... should I change them or leave them like they are now.

I would be fine either way, changed or not. ZeakCytho suggest change, other people have suggested no change. I'd appreciate another comment or two on the topic, to help me decide.

And more suggestions for bonus armies would be nice also. Just remember that in the next version San Miguel will be able to attack Jague.

I think I'll get an update for this sometime over the weekend.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby MrBenn on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:29 pm

If I had my way, I'd change the port symbols you've currently got - they don't fit well with the rest of the map.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby MrBenn on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:15 pm

This map has been moved into retirement.

It would appear that development of this map has stalled, as there have not been any updates for some time.

If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the CAs will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system ;-)

Mr B
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm taking this back out of retirement, cause it will be pretty easy to finish.
At least, I hope it will be easy to finish...

Changes:
The graphics behind the title.
New Port icons.
San Miguel can attack Jague.
Aligned the bonus box with the continent names box.
Fixed a few other small issues.

Stuff left to do:
Change bonus armies.
Write XML.
???
QUENCH!

Discussion topics:
What should each continent bonus be worth?
Are there any other problems with the graphics?

Click image to enlarge.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Isthmus of Panama --- New Update 11/8/08 (page 1 and 2)

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:10 pm

I think you should connect Pocri to Jague, and move that legend thing that would be in the way to below Veraguas.

Or maybe just add a port to Pocri.

Oh, and come to think of it, if you do that, you might want to consider moving the port on Jague to Quibdo, since Jague would start to become a major choking point, and make that continent much harder to hold.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby MrBenn on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:17 pm

[Advanced Draft]
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I was looking at the continent bonuses, and Costa Rica looks bad to me. On the one hand, it will always have three borders in a small map, but on the other hand, it's still 3 territories. It's not so unlikely that someone may get it on the drop.

I think the solution is to make it +2, and move the port on Limon to Almirante.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby Digital Jihad on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:55 pm

InkL0sed wrote:Or maybe just add a port to Pocri.

Agreed.
Corporal 1st Class Digital Jihad

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:18 pm

comments in blue
InkL0sed wrote:I think you should connect Pocri to Jague, and move that legend thing that would be in the way to below Veraguas.

Or maybe just add a port to Pocri. I think adding a port to Pocri would work best.

Oh, and come to think of it, if you do that, you might want to consider moving the port on Jague to Quibdo, since Jague would start to become a major choking point, and make that continent much harder to hold. I'll do that also.

InkL0sed wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I was looking at the continent bonuses, and Costa Rica looks bad to me. On the one hand, it will always have three borders in a small map, but on the other hand, it's still 3 territories. It's not so unlikely that someone may get it on the drop.

I think the solution is to make it +2, and move the port on Limon to Almirante. I could, but then we'd have to ports bordering each other. I'd like to leave it on Limon, so it is more difficult to hold it.

Right now, I think the bonuses will be changed to 2-3-4-3-3-2 (with a port on Pocri). Is that ok with you guys?

General Contribution (2)

Postby Digital Jihad on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:47 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:comments in blue
InkL0sed wrote:I think you should connect Pocri to Jague, and move that legend thing that would be in the way to below Veraguas.

Or maybe just add a port to Pocri. I think adding a port to Pocri would work best.

Oh, and come to think of it, if you do that, you might want to consider moving the port on Jague to Quibdo, since Jague would start to become a major choking point, and make that continent much harder to hold. I'll do that also.

InkL0sed wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I was looking at the continent bonuses, and Costa Rica looks bad to me. On the one hand, it will always have three borders in a small map, but on the other hand, it's still 3 territories. It's not so unlikely that someone may get it on the drop.

I think the solution is to make it +2, and move the port on Limon to Almirante. I could, but then we'd have to ports bordering each other. I'd like to leave it on Limon, so it is more difficult to hold it.

Right now, I think the bonuses will be changed to 2-3-4-3-3-2 (with a port on Pocri). Is that ok with you guys?

Yep that sounds the best.
Corporal 1st Class Digital Jihad

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:27 pm

Here's another update!
V.3.
Just a small update with a few changes.

Stuff done:
Changed the text for the "Ports" box.
Moved the port from Jague to Quibdo
Moved the port from Montena to Yavisa.
Added a port to Pocri.
Changed bonus numbers.

Things left to do:
Fix any more gameplay/graphics problems.
Write XML.
???
QUENCH!

Discussion questions:
What should each continent bonus be worth?
Are there any other problems with the graphics?

Click image to enlarge.

General Contribution (2)

Re: Isthmus of Panama --- New Fast Update 11/8/08 (page 1 and 2)

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:36 pm

In Live Chat, bbqpenguin suggested that it might work to take out the bridges across the canal, making it impassable. But then make it so all the ports can attack through the canal to reach all the ports. Gameplay by land would be more limited in the center, which would be balanced by ports having better attacking options, being able to attack all the other ports.

What do you guys think?
I like things as they are now, but I could work with what bbqpenguin suggested if some of you like it.

General Contribution (2)

Postby MrBenn on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:49 am

If you take out the bridges, Colon (is that seriously the region name?) will be a divided region...
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby wcaclimbing on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:45 am

MrBenn wrote:If you take out the bridges, Colon (is that seriously the region name?) will be a divided region...

yeah.... that wouldn't make much sense.
Rio Hato would have to be made purple... but that'd leave us with a huge continent in the center, much bigger than all the others.

I think we will be keeping the bridges.

Are there any other suggestions?

General Contribution (2)

Postby bbqpenguin on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:59 am

MrBenn wrote:If you take out the bridges, Colon (is that seriously the region name?) will be a divided region...

it's connected throught san miguel. if you think it would still be hard to hold, you could just bump up the bonus a point to reflect the difficulty
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box