Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Snowfight

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

WHAT SHOULD THIS MAPS GAMEPLAY BE? Dogs and Snowmen remain in all versions.

Poll ended at Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: SNOWFIGHT V2

Postby bryguy on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 pm

lol random thought, but i saw someone saying something about a 'build the snowman' bonus, so it got me thinking, and made me think of the dog. Maybe a 'hit the dog' bonus?
Corporal bryguy

Postby MrBenn on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:46 pm

"Everyone can attack each other with the exception of generators"
What exactly does that mean? Can the generators attack? If so, who? Can anybody attack the generators? If so, who?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby oaktown on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:26 pm

quench it!

MrBenn wrote:"Everyone can attack each other with the exception of generators"
What exactly does that mean? Can the generators attack? If so, who? Can anybody attack the generators? If so, who?

I think what he means is this:
People kneeling are snowball makers, and may not attack; +5 for holding each maker.
People standing are throwers, and may attack anybody else.

I also assume the makers start neutral, otherwise whoever gets the first turn/drops the most makers has a huge advantage.
Captain oaktown

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm

oaktown wrote:quench it!

MrBenn wrote:"Everyone can attack each other with the exception of generators"

I think what he means is this:
People kneeling are snowball makers, and may not attack; +5 for holding each maker.
People standing are throwers, and may attack anybody else.

I also assume the makers start neutral, otherwise whoever gets the first turn/drops the most makers has a huge advantage.

no i was thinking of having it the same as ToG (starting positions reefs) - Makers are starting positions, everyone else starts neutral which makes more sense in a logical flow of the game. You have to have snowballs before you can start throwing them. :)
But i think the balance between the snowmakers and the nuetral positions could be changed up.
For instance, snowmakers might generate +5; neutrals would have to be at least 5 also, so that the first person doesn't get the immediate advantage.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: SNOWFIGHT V3(P2)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Version 3

Some changes:
1. More details in the legend
2. Dogs added as a +1 bonus
3. Legend has a face.

Private cairnswk

Re: SNOWFIGHT V3 (P2) Legend Discussions

Postby MrBenn on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:04 pm

So if you start as a snowball maker, but cannot attack...????
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby AceArtemis on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Am I missing something here, or is there only 7 snow makers?

I think the people should be grouped up in teams of 3: 1 snow maker per team and two throwers.
All the people in the group should be able to attack each other, and maybe add a small bonus, such as +1 or +2 for holding all 3 people in the group?
Lieutenant AceArtemis

Postby oaktown on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 pm

the names need some work. Can I suggest Benn, Oak, Gimil, Andy, Yeti...

Ooh, it's a winter scene - there should actually BE a yeti! :lol:

Captain oaktown

Postby cairnswk on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:30 am

oaktown wrote:the names need some work. Can I suggest Benn, Oak, Gimil, Andy, Yeti...

Ooh, it's a winter scene - there should actually BE a yeti! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Laughing my way all the way to the funny farm....no the names are fine as is.
This is not a shrine the map Foundry, but thanks for the comment. :)
Private cairnswk

Re: SNOWFIGHT V3 (P2) Legend/Bonus Discussions

Postby cairnswk on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Version 4

Please discuss this bonus formula and teams.

Private cairnswk

Re: SNOWFIGHT V4 (P3) Legend/Bonus Discussions

Postby Tisha on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:52 pm

why does legend have a face?

reminds me of little bill..
Major Tisha

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Each person on the map should be a mapmaker from CC. and they get to suggest what each person looks like. Just for a bit of fun and variety.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:21 am

wcaclimbing wrote:Each person on the map should be a mapmaker from CC. and they get to suggest what each person looks like. Just for a bit of fun and variety.

Good God man, i want to get this out by Christmas, not next Christmas ;) :lol: :lol:
Private cairnswk

Postby Tisha on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:23 am

does the team 6 snowman have a name?
Major Tisha

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:20 am

Tisha wrote:why does legend have a face?

they'll all have faces when finished...who it little bill?

Tisha wrote:does the team 6 snowman have a name?

Whoops! is there a female version of Snowie...Ice queen maybe?
Private cairnswk

Postby Tisha on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:58 am

cairnswk wrote:
Tisha wrote:why does legend have a face?

they'll all have faces when finished...who it little bill?

a kids show done by Bill Cosby

ImageImage
Major Tisha

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:19 am

Right now the gameplay mechanic of "everybody can hit everybody" is a little unbalanced and assists dice luck more than strategy (or the seminal "just build forever and then pwn" idea). Since you have 4 teams technically facing 4 teams, edit the gameplay so that you can only attack the people on the other side of the road. That way if you conquer the other side of the road, you can unleash a volley back to your original side of the road, or decide not to. Something of a Circus Maximus style of play (whether or not to advance all).

As for the dogs, they seem woefully underpowered and only justified by having a bonus attached to them. Either they'll get ignored, or one player will attack all the other dogs, pick up a good chain bonus and fort like crazy onto them. Are they part of the team bonuses?

The neutrals seem a bit high for starters, and the auto-deploy seems to have been shoved on there to justify the high neutrals. I have had HORRENDOUS luck in games 8v5 (3v2 when I finish rolling most often). The more neutrals involved, the more likely dice luck will play too much of a part. Equal-dropping the neutrals and the auto-deploy by 2 should make up for this, as chances are still very low that a player will take a thrower and then a maker (6v3, then 5v3 in best case). Then again, that allows for ease of early elimination if someone has the Dice of God. Just some food for thought, hope it turns into something of use for you.

What purpose do the snowmen serve other than being two extra territories that can be attacked and are a roadblock to a player wanting their team bonus? Presently they are worse off than the dogs, poor Frostie. (Also, the bottom right one isn't named)

The team bonuses seem woefully low compared to the killer autodeploy on each snowball maker. Since this is an everything-borders-everything map, jacking the bonus values up is more than justifiable (you did it with Sydney Metro, why not here?). They should be AT LEAST worth as much as an additional snowball maker, or else people will just pick up one thrower and try to pick off an opposing player's maker, rinse repeat. Busting through 10-15 neutrals for minimal gain while making yourself very weak against opponents is a no-go.

Graphics:
- The text on a lot of the people is hard to pick up, particularly where it clips with clothing (Buster, Smicks, Hammer, chiefly).
- Team 7 is mentioned twice in the Bonuses, and Team 8 is SoL (small typo).
- Are Billy and Buster transvestites or something? As I daresay those are girls' names. And Matt must be one heck of a tomboy (Mattie would be a good replacement).
- The Team text often clips with the background. Separating it out a bit will help with its readability.

In conclusion, This map was
Last edited by TaCktiX on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 pm

TaCktiX wrote:Right now the gameplay mechanic of "everybody can hit everybody" is a little unbalanced and assists dice luck more than strategy (or the seminal "just build forever and then pwn" idea). Since you have 4 teams technically facing 4 teams, edit the gameplay so that you can only attack the people on the other side of the road. That way if you conquer the other side of the road, you can unleash a volley back to your original side of the road, or decide not to. Something of a Circus Maximus style of play (whether or not to advance all).

Huh?! I can only see three facing five. :?
i like the concept, but with 3v5 won't that make one side unbalanced and give someone unfair unadvantage.

As for the dogs, they seem woefully underpowered and only justified by having a bonus attached to them. Either they'll get ignored, or one player will attack all the other dogs, pick up a good chain bonus and fort like crazy onto them. Are they part of the team bonuses?

Good question. No they are not part of the team bonus. fixed in the legend.

The neutrals seem a bit high for starters, and the auto-deploy seems to have been shoved on there to justify the high neutrals. I have had HORRENDOUS luck in games 8v5 (3v2 when I finish rolling most often). The more neutrals involved, the more likely dice luck will play too much of a part. Equal-dropping the neutrals and the auto-deploy by 2 should make up for this, as chances are still very low that a player will take a thrower and then a maker (6v3, then 5v3 in best case). Then again, that allows for ease of early elimination if someone has the Dice of God. Just some food for thought, hope it turns into something of use for you.

Action taken: Starting neutrals dropped to 4.
Auto-deploy on snowmakers dropped to +3

No they weren't shoved on there to justify the high neutrals. The auto-deploy was placed on makers to stop anyone have a huge bundle to take over somewhere else, and also as part of the originality of this gameplay, each maker generates most of the ammunition and has to give it to this team mates (providing his teammates still have a snowmaker)

I appreciate these comments, so i am sure they'll come in handy.

What purpose do the snowmen serve other than being two extra territories that can be attacked and are a roadblock to a player wanting their team bonus? Presently they are worse off than the dogs, poor Frostie. (Also, the bottom right one isn't named)

Frostie just became the name for the bottom-right one.
They are two terts in that group that are extras that simply have to be held to gain those team bonuses.
Perhaps they should only be attackable from within the teams only?
What do others think on this one?

The team bonuses seem woefully low compared to the killer autodeploy on each snowball maker. Since this is an everything-borders-everything map, jacking the bonus values up is more than justifiable (you did it with Sydney Metro, why not here?). They should be AT LEAST worth as much as an additional snowball maker, or else people will just pick up one thrower and try to pick off an opposing player's maker, rinse repeat. Busting through 10-15 neutrals for minimal gain while making yourself very weak against opponents is a no-go.
But if the team hold all members they get +2/3 plus the autpdeploy of +3. Surely that is bonus enough?
Graphics:
- The text on a lot of the people is hard to pick up, particularly where it clips with clothing (Buster, Smicks, Hammer, chiefly).
Fixed.
- Team 7 is mentioned twice in the Bonuses, and Team 8 is SoL (small typo).
Fixed.
- Are Billy and Buster transvestites or something?

What a strange comment!! :? Where and the hell do you get this idea from. Those names are simply a play on two names that sit well together. And yes, they are both males. Oh, perhaps i shouldn't put the in pink. How does teale do, the same colour as their team colour.
As I daresay those are girls' names.

No they aren't.
And Matt must be one heck of a tomboy (Mattie would be a good replacement).
Why do you get the impression that Matt is one heck of a tomboy. Are you reading too much into the yellow scarf? :? Matt is short for Matthew.

A very over active mind i think TaCktiX, indeed!!! :?
- The Team text often clips with the background. Separating it out a bit will help with its readability.

I'll see what i can do. :)

In conclusion,

This map was atTACKed.

Nicely done. Good points (mostly with exception of trannie comment) :)

Version 5
Private cairnswk

Re: SNOWFIGHT V5 (P3) Legend/Bonus Discussions

Postby MrBenn on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 pm

[Advanced Draft]
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:33 pm

What a strange comment!! :? Where and the hell do you get this idea from. Those names are simply a play on two names that sit well together. And yes, they are both males. Oh, perhaps i shouldn't put the in pink. How does teale do, the same colour as their team colour.

It was the pink. Good change.

Why do you get the impression that Matt is one heck of a tomboy. Are you reading too much into the yellow scarf? :? Matt is short for Matthew.

I didn't notice it was a yellow scarf, it looked like long blonde hair.

Perhaps they should only be attackable from within the teams only?

Sounds good. You'd be "building" the snowman from within your team instead of ripping it apart.

But if the team hold all members they get +2/3 plus the autpdeploy of +3. Surely that is bonus enough?

Now it is, consider it was +5 before.

i like the concept, but with 3v5 won't that make one side unbalanced and give someone unfair unadvantage.

We could always have a team moved around to the right side, shrink the tree on the far left, and have the road come at a more drastic angle toward the bottom of the map.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby mibi on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:46 pm

some people are missing hands
Captain mibi

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 pm

TaCktiX wrote:...

We could always have a team moved around to the right side, shrink the tree on the far left, and have the road come at a more drastic angle toward the bottom of the map.

Mmmm not ann option i was considering.
Will it still be unbalanced if it stays as is though ?
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

mibi wrote:some people are missing hands

Yeh thanks mibi :) i noticed.
I have finished all that drawing until we get some gameplay out of the way.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm

MrBenn wrote:[Advanced Draft]

Thanks Mr Benn. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby studlymcgee on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:49 pm

To tell the truth i dont think i would play this map...
New Recruit studlymcgee

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box