Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Postby Steiner75 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:51 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:
biscuit boy wrote:It's a typical first turn typically wins type of map. Wonder if you can make it that whoever is deployed on spots that are bombarded gets to go first or make the deployment even on who gets those spots.

If you want some fun try the settings of 3 or 4 poly 2 player game with parachute reinforcements....

You still seem to enjoy to play it no?

I must admit, I thought that first turn represents a huge advantage, but upon checking my games I was probably suffering from a confirmation bias.

Total Games completed 33 (Team games with 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4, some polymorphic)

out of these: 15 won by the team/player moving first and 18 won by the team moving second. So in conclusion no indication that it is a "first turn typically wins" map.

I really like the map as it makes for exellent gameplay with chances to turn around "lost" situations.

Great job by cairnswk!!!

Only one thing I am suggesting to change: If possible, the same team / player should not hold both Gendarmerie and Kum Kale with the initial drop. That really makes for too much of an uphill fight for the team not in posession of these two pieces of real estate.
Colonel Steiner75

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby dgz345 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:32 pm

so i really liked the map itself it looks very nice game playwise i like that everything comes from the starting positions and you want to liberate the island.

the dislike would be that there is a lot of neutrals. but thats to make the objective easier
Captain dgz345
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 am

Steiner75 wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
biscuit boy wrote:It's a typical first turn typically wins type of map. Wonder if you can make it that whoever is deployed on spots that are bombarded gets to go first or make the deployment even on who gets those spots.

If you want some fun try the settings of 3 or 4 poly 2 player game with parachute reinforcements....

I must admit, I thought that first turn represents a huge advantage, but upon checking my games I was probably suffering from a confirmation bias.

Total Games completed 33 (Team games with 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4, some polymorphic)

out of these: 15 won by the team/player moving first and 18 won by the team moving second. So in conclusion no indication that it is a "first turn typically wins" map.

I really like the map as it makes for exellent gameplay with chances to turn around "lost" situations.

Great job by cairnswk!!!

Only one thing I am suggesting to change: If possible, the same team / player should not hold both Gendarmerie and Kum Kale with the initial drop. That really makes for too much of an uphill fight for the team not in posession of these two pieces of real estate.

Good to see someone actually look at the numbers and see!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Steiner75 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Steiner75 wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Great job by cairnswk!!!

Good to see someone actually look at the numbers and see!

Well, yes, off course... remember, the plural of "anectdotes" is NOT "data" :D
Colonel Steiner75

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Frogmanx82 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Seems like it would be more fair if the territories that can bombard landing ships always start out neutral. Especially in the south were once the landing ship is lost, you can't get it back.
Major Frogmanx82

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Previous

Return to Beta Maps