Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Gaba Tepe is probably the weakest of the starting batteries. Gendarmerie, however, can be very dominant, depending on how many players are in the game. Even if all your opponents plan to remove you from Gendarmerie, if they have to attack each other while moving forward it may happen that none of them reaches you.

Even in 1v1, while one often loses Gendarmerie, the opportunity cost that the opponent suffers in having to throw everything against it is often the deciding factor. Gendarmerie is definitely not weak as a strategic asset.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Postby Armandolas on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 am

Not sure if i tottally agree Dukasaur. It depends really much on the drop, On how many ships u get in the northm how many regions in the south of thee map, who holds L06 and turn order, etc.
I find it "easier to get gendarmerie than kum kale(due to the amount of troops in play)

What i think its really "out of play its MS1,2,3. Most of the time they become really unusefull. I Wish i could figure a way to make them more usefull.
Why not make them bombard a couple of regions?
Please add a comment on my new map:
Brigadier Armandolas

Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (29)

Re: Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Postby loutil on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Armandolas wrote:Not sure if i tottally agree Dukasaur. It depends really much on the drop, On how many ships u get in the northm how many regions in the south of thee map, who holds L06 and turn order, etc.
I find it "easier to get gendarmerie than kum kale(due to the amount of troops in play)

What i think its really "out of play its MS1,2,3. Most of the time they become really unusefull. I Wish i could figure a way to make them more usefull.
Why not make them bombard a couple of regions?

MS1,2 and 3 are not the problem. It is the auto resets in front of them that creates the issue. If MS4,5,6,7,8 and 9 were plus 1 auto deploys you could reload through them 3-4 turns after you blasted through the first time. As it is now, they are a one time use then a total waste.
As for the value of Gendamerie, I believe it is very limited no matter what the drop. I have won 18 out of 19 games on this map and Gendamerie was never in the strategy. Every team that I have played that tried to load and focus at that spot got beat.
General loutil

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Beta Maps