now i roll my white dice
Thanks you hit then nail on the head that is what i'm going for!
TaCktiX wrote:This map is too cool. Its source material is intentionally funny, eliciting more of Tolkien's bumbling goblins from the Hobbit than the scary hordes encountered in the constant company of orcs and things far more dark. Add to that the cutesy graphics, silly territory names, and simplistic bonus titles, and that's a funny force to be reckoned with.
Definitely go ahead with the different fonts and symbols, but try to keep the number of different fonts to a minimum, else your map looks like it is divided against itself. My personal quota for any map is at most two complementary fonts, but you can get away with 3 if you do it well.
here's a pic of the font i will be using
the top ones are the font that i started using on the territs i.e. scab, moog, figz, etc
the bottom two are the same font just capped and not
as much as i would love to have these on the territs its too hard to read this would be extra true on the small
but these will most likely be used for the title which i will discuss further a little lower
Beyond that, here are my suggestions:
- Avoid sideways text like it's the Black Plague. Most people are forced to cant their head sideways to read it, and you've got plenty of space left on the map to make it horizontal again.
i totally agree it sucks turning your head is tough, but now with the more refined legend for the tribes i.e. hold "skull" bonus look this will give me alot more room
- The restriction of +1 autodeploy on the chiefs when the tribe bonus is held just isn't possible right now. Conditional autodeploy has been a long-time asked for XML feature, but we're not due for an update on that in the near future. I think it's fine if the auto-deploy is there as is, as +1 isn't much unless you hold a tribe in addition to the chief, as you intend.
is there good discussion on this if so do you know exactly where. I'll do a forum search "Conditional auto-deployment" and see what i come up with but if you know the best parts to read plz let me know
- Redo the bombardment explanation to be shorter and without asterisk. You don't need the asterisk, nor the second copy of the bombs.
- On the Zlup, Zlurk territories, it's sometimes too blurry to tell what exactly the text is, particularly with Zlup. I had to look at it twice not to say Zlub.
is it more the overlay on those names or the warp
i'm just trying out different things i'll make sure all name are alot harder to misread
- The build-your-own bonus is cool, but in general, they seem too little for a 42-territory map. Perhaps add an "own all" higher bonus? Something to consider.
do you mean the bonus amount or to little amount of territs:?:
but i like the idea of complete bonuses as well but with the xml
i'll have to rethink a few thing in mind for bonuses
i'll have a new bonuses set up on the next map update
if you meant too little territs
i would have to disagree, but if adding hold all bonus would make it better then i'll add it forsure
- Goblin looks very blurry. I doubt that's your intended effect, and when compared to most of the map's clarity it's a bit jarring.
- Zip, Zlurk, Zlup, and Zuk are not centered in the bonus description up top.
- The evil mine connections look very blurry as well, and it doesn't seem to fit the feel of the map.
- The mountains are blurry, but somehow I think that it's appropriate for them. Maybe a little bit more clarity, but you can get away with some more blur on them than elsewhere.
yes the title
i have been working on what i want for the final title and so the one there is just a stand in for now but i should make a note of that on the op sorry but i'll add that now asap
to get the right effect i'm going to have to do it in a vector program and i haven't used one since corel draw 6 so i'm getting used to illustrator
i want to make it a nice title with goblins hanging off on and around it
as well i'll tone down the brightness on the one for now
i do still need to fix up the smaller mountains they are not up to par with the main ones
- The borders of the "F" and "B" continents seem much less proper than the ones elsewhere. I liked the additional color on the other continents, and maybe on these you can use a two-tone of the same general shade instead of a different color entirely.
i'm terribly sorry but this confuses me
but i'll answer it the best i can
yes the border looks funny on the F
angs and B
loods mainly the B
loods i think looks terrible the more i look at it i belive it was to do to the blending option the color layer for that tribe is set on but i think i am going to start that area's land over again and and see where i messed it up
as for the F
angs i think the different flow of the borders lines doesn't match the rest as much due to the Snaking look where the others are a simpler flow this is also true with the B
loods borders and i'll try changing them to be more like the flowing border of the M
uds and S
kulls tribal regions
shades are one of my Nemesis i have a very bad colourblindness
and one shade could be a total different color for me or exactly the same
i cant see rainbows in the sky but i can see more colours in northern lights then most do
and as a colourblind person having all the colours as they are now it makes the different tribal grounds stand out at first glance making it easy to tell them apart
this being said with my eyes i think that the colours used on the F
angs and B
loods suits it well
as a redo b
loods tribal grounds texture and colour as i mentioned i'll try and not make it as yellow but the brown i used on f
angs i want to keep i like how it looks with the other colours but the land is a little flat so i could work on that and see if it improves it at all
i hope thats what you mean
if not could you explain better or show me colour examples
i hope i defended myself well enough since i can't see my white dice
thank you very much for your criticisms and suggestions the helps me immensely
edit:: sorry for the novel