Danyael wrote:tlane wrote:sailorseal wrote:I really like it but I am not quite sure what the theme is.
Maybe i am not understanding you, but i think there is a very clear theme(if you really cant tell it is GOBLINS).
I dont know how you cant see this hopefully you will once you read this post
thank you my brain exploded when i read that
oaktown wrote:Gameplay looks alright for a start... having not read through the thread I'm guessing that holding 7 "Muds" means seven territories that begin with "m" - if this is the case then Hooray! for make-your-own bonuses, but you'll have to explain it better. And be careful that the territory names aren't too similar - somebody will totally place their troops on Blrup when they meant to place them on Blruk.
sailorseal wrote:I understand the Goblins but I meant, what makes it worthwhile for Goblins?
I could make a Ghosts Map or Couch Lint?
What will attract people to this map, think about that.
people are atracted to it there has been a good amount of views maybe 50 - 60 are mine it takes awhile for a huge amount of interest due to this being my first map but i'm very patient and comments come it slowly but surely
I'll probably add a little poem to add to the theme but that isn't as important yet due to all they other things that need fixing before i add finishing touches
as well if you would have read this post about 2 or three above yours you would see that i'm working on itDanyael wrote:i am currently working on some changes
adding more territs adding hobgoblin huts
but i was wondering if maybe i should incorporate "Gwyn ap Nudd" a welsh goblin tribe leader
as well I'll probably be changing the tribe names to the main sub types. Knockers(welsh and cornish folklore) trows(scottish folklore) spriggans (english) and the phooka(irish) or maybe kobolt(german) but i think that it would be best for the first four mentioned if i do incorporate "Gwyn ap Nudd" anythoughts
The Goblin title makes me want to get my eyes checked, it is so blurry, tune it down.
i'll try to tone it down it (i tried to tune it down but the e flat didn't look as good)
I kind of like the slime affect but I would like to see it be a slime affect throughout, not just in the landscape, add it to all parts.
i was not going for a slime effect so i'm not going to add slime to everything
I believe a symbol is hiding below one of those mountains, I would reveal it
maybe you should get your eyes checked cause i drew the mountains freehand and nothing is hidden it them
TaCktiX wrote:This map is too cool. Its source material is intentionally funny, eliciting more of Tolkien's bumbling goblins from the Hobbit than the scary hordes encountered in the constant company of orcs and things far more dark. Add to that the cutesy graphics, silly territory names, and simplistic bonus titles, and that's a funny force to be reckoned with.
Definitely go ahead with the different fonts and symbols, but try to keep the number of different fonts to a minimum, else your map looks like it is divided against itself. My personal quota for any map is at most two complementary fonts, but you can get away with 3 if you do it well.
Beyond that, here are my suggestions:
- Avoid sideways text like it's the Black Plague. Most people are forced to cant their head sideways to read it, and you've got plenty of space left on the map to make it horizontal again.
- The restriction of +1 autodeploy on the chiefs when the tribe bonus is held just isn't possible right now. Conditional autodeploy has been a long-time asked for XML feature, but we're not due for an update on that in the near future. I think it's fine if the auto-deploy is there as is, as +1 isn't much unless you hold a tribe in addition to the chief, as you intend.
- Redo the bombardment explanation to be shorter and without asterisk. You don't need the asterisk, nor the second copy of the bombs.
- On the Zlup, Zlurk territories, it's sometimes too blurry to tell what exactly the text is, particularly with Zlup. I had to look at it twice not to say Zlub.
- The build-your-own bonus is cool, but in general, they seem too little for a 42-territory map. Perhaps add an "own all" higher bonus? Something to consider.
- Goblin looks very blurry. I doubt that's your intended effect, and when compared to most of the map's clarity it's a bit jarring.
- Zip, Zlurk, Zlup, and Zuk are not centered in the bonus description up top.
- The evil mine connections look very blurry as well, and it doesn't seem to fit the feel of the map.
- The mountains are blurry, but somehow I think that it's appropriate for them. Maybe a little bit more clarity, but you can get away with some more blur on them than elsewhere.
- The borders of the "F" and "B" continents seem much less proper than the ones elsewhere. I liked the additional color on the other continents, and maybe on these you can use a two-tone of the same general shade instead of a different color entirely.
Danyael wrote:i hope i defended myself well enough since i can't see my white dice
thank you very much for your criticisms and suggestions the helps me immensely
edit:: sorry for the novel
TaCktiX wrote:When will the next update on this map be? I'm eager to see this one move forward.
nagerous wrote:I still say the legend needs some work on, it was quite painful to look at straight away, perhaps a box could be drawn around it to separate it from the map and confuse people.
Also, with the chiefs, perhaps the circles could be within the territories they are linked to, because at the moment it is unclear as to the direct attack routes, especially with the one in the bottom left.
TaCktiX wrote:Really good update, the legend is much more understandable and all the graphics are improved.
- The title looks good, but on the R, the dripping slime is a little out of proportion with the rest of the letters. Consider keeping the slime only on the top of the R, with a slight drip over the curve and stem (if that makes sense).
- The Skulls and Fangs are far too small on map to be obviously understood. Perhaps consider a different symbol (like a single Fang) to allow for the symbols to look as good as the Bloods and Muds (though the Mud needs to stick out from under the text a bit better. You can put the symbol just about anywhere, and not just underneath the letter).
- The chiefs could use some improving. They're good, but as the rest of the map is improving they look "behind." Definitely look into improving them as you've noted as a possible To Do.
- I think that there needs to be more than one tier of bonus for all the tribes. Make it more like Uniting the tribe bit by bit than a generic "aha, I now have all the power!" at a blockoff point. As it stands, it's either an easy two bonuses (Fangs, Bloods), or a really sweet bonus with a good drop (Muds, Skulls). Perhaps have a minimum territory cutoff (the 3-territory is a good one), and have built bonuses from there on up for each section. (+1 for 3, +2 for 4, +3 for 5, etc.)
- To avoid a really sweet freebie bonus drop in 1v1 games (big problem we've been running into with a lot of recent maps), I would look into either having some default neutrals, or requiring the chief to be held to gain a tribe bonus, and have them neutral.
- The description of the Chief attack routes (and adjacent territory) can be confusing. How about "the territory they are in" or something like that, as strictly speaking, the chief isn't adjacent.
- The Gates description of attack routes is misleading. I assume the two pairs can attack each other, but it looks like it's merely one-way. Also, the bonus is way too high. Sure they technically have to defend against 7 territories, but with them starting neutral they'll get conquered over in expanding empires. Building that into a nearly-freebie +5 would be something to avoid. Their mobility alone is really good, so consider dropping it to a +2 or +3.
TaCktiX wrote:- I think that there needs to be more than one tier of bonus for all the tribes. Make it more like Uniting the tribe bit by bit than a generic "aha, I now have all the power!" at a blockoff point. As it stands, it's either an easy two bonuses (Fangs, Bloods), or a really sweet bonus with a good drop (Muds, Skulls). Perhaps have a minimum territory cutoff (the 3-territory is a good one), and have built bonuses from there on up for each section. (+1 for 3, +2 for 4, +3 for 5, etc.)
MrBenn wrote:On an a side-note, as a child I used to have a recurring nightmare about being chased round a supermarket by a crocodile pushing a shopping trolley and wearing an "I ♥ Shopping" t-shirt...
Merker wrote:Some of this may allready be covered so, please do correct me;
-What is that pink blob next to Muck?
-I do realise that you are colourblind, but it may be appropiate to make the bonus information providerer things according to the colour;
Bloods ; Red
Fangs ; Brown
-It looks like the Bloods chief is carrying a sack, not next to a puddle of blood.
-The fangs look INCREDIBLY creepy.
I'll edit in more later, but I'm very busy!
squishyg wrote:The lettering on the legend is nice, but it looks crowded to me. At first glance I actually though the words were overlapping. If you give some more space above and below words like "Chiefs" "Evil" "Dark", etc., I think it'll be easier to read.
I like the bigger goblin chief image on the left. They should all be big like that. This map is super cute. We need more goblins on cc.
neanderpaul14 wrote:I love the fact that you put Muck right below Mudbutt.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users