TaCktiX wrote:Really good update, the legend is much more understandable and all the graphics are improved.
- The title looks good, but on the R, the dripping slime is a little out of proportion with the rest of the letters. Consider keeping the slime only on the top of the R, with a slight drip over the curve and stem (if that makes sense).
- The Skulls and Fangs are far too small on map to be obviously understood. Perhaps consider a different symbol (like a single Fang) to allow for the symbols to look as good as the Bloods and Muds (though the Mud needs to stick out from under the text a bit better. You can put the symbol just about anywhere, and not just underneath the letter).
- The chiefs could use some improving. They're good, but as the rest of the map is improving they look "behind." Definitely look into improving them as you've noted as a possible To Do.
- I think that there needs to be more than one tier of bonus for all the tribes. Make it more like Uniting the tribe bit by bit than a generic "aha, I now have all the power!" at a blockoff point. As it stands, it's either an easy two bonuses (Fangs, Bloods), or a really sweet bonus with a good drop (Muds, Skulls). Perhaps have a minimum territory cutoff (the 3-territory is a good one), and have built bonuses from there on up for each section. (+1 for 3, +2 for 4, +3 for 5, etc.)
- To avoid a really sweet freebie bonus drop in 1v1 games (big problem we've been running into with a lot of recent maps), I would look into either having some default neutrals, or requiring the chief to be held to gain a tribe bonus, and have them neutral.
- The description of the Chief attack routes (and adjacent territory) can be confusing. How about "the territory they are in" or something like that, as strictly speaking, the chief isn't adjacent.
- The Gates description of attack routes is misleading. I assume the two pairs can attack each other, but it looks like it's merely one-way. Also, the bonus is way too high. Sure they technically have to defend against 7 territories, but with them starting neutral they'll get conquered over in expanding empires. Building that into a nearly-freebie +5 would be something to avoid. Their mobility alone is really good, so consider dropping it to a +2 or +3.
TaCktiX wrote:- I think that there needs to be more than one tier of bonus for all the tribes. Make it more like Uniting the tribe bit by bit than a generic "aha, I now have all the power!" at a blockoff point. As it stands, it's either an easy two bonuses (Fangs, Bloods), or a really sweet bonus with a good drop (Muds, Skulls). Perhaps have a minimum territory cutoff (the 3-territory is a good one), and have built bonuses from there on up for each section. (+1 for 3, +2 for 4, +3 for 5, etc.)
MrBenn wrote:On an a side-note, as a child I used to have a recurring nightmare about being chased round a supermarket by a crocodile pushing a shopping trolley and wearing an "I ♥ Shopping" t-shirt...
Merker wrote:Some of this may allready be covered so, please do correct me;
-What is that pink blob next to Muck?
-I do realise that you are colourblind, but it may be appropiate to make the bonus information providerer things according to the colour;
Bloods ; Red
Fangs ; Brown
-It looks like the Bloods chief is carrying a sack, not next to a puddle of blood.
-The fangs look INCREDIBLY creepy.
I'll edit in more later, but I'm very busy!
squishyg wrote:The lettering on the legend is nice, but it looks crowded to me. At first glance I actually though the words were overlapping. If you give some more space above and below words like "Chiefs" "Evil" "Dark", etc., I think it'll be easier to read.
I like the bigger goblin chief image on the left. They should all be big like that. This map is super cute. We need more goblins on cc.
neanderpaul14 wrote:I love the fact that you put Muck right below Mudbutt.
pikkio wrote:really good looking map!
the new chief is fantastic and absolutely connected with the map's graphic style. go on and make all the chief like that!
Bruceswar wrote:Why is this still in Drafting? Should this not be moved by now?
squishyg wrote:The new chiefs look great. The legend is also much more readable. The lettering needs to be bigger below "Gates" and above "Chiefs". It could also stand to be just a bit bigger below "Chiefs" too, but that's me just being nitpicky.
I really like the fangs and the little mushrooms in Myz!
squishyg wrote:Lettering is very clear now and the bonuses you added make sense to me. Just change "there" to "their" and I think you're ready to take this to the next stage.
dolomite13 wrote:I have been watching the progress of this map. I have to say I love the concept quite a bit. I do have a few questions and comments.
- Do the goblin chiefs count as a territory of their tribe? For instance there are 5 bloods and a bonus of +1 for holding 3. If the chief counts that's a max of +2 for all bloods.
- The know you call out fungi in the poem specifically, however if you pit a single mushroom next to the hut it might be easier to see. The hut is quite dark.
- Units can get into the 3 or even 4 digit range in some games and they flow to the right out of the unit circles. It may be better to move some unit circles so that the armies don't overflow onto words making them hard to read. I have noticed this might happen in "shank" and maybe the "myz" units would overflow into "mek".
- A small nit pick... the mine gates seem a little hard to see on the map. If there was a light coming from inside the mine they might me more visible on the map. As it is now it is dark on dark and hard to see.
- Do the gates start neutral?
Great Job ... I am looking forward to playing this =)
whitestazn88 wrote:hey, i'm here for the pre-foundry review.
I've gotta say, i'm not totally sure about this map going forward yet. It seems like an interesting concept, but is done is such a base manner that i'm not in the least bit interested to play it.
the graphics are funny and cartoony, i like these the way they are.
work on the gameplay, especially the bonuses i think, and this might be able to move on. but as of now, you need to develop that
whitestazn88 wrote:the problem with the current bonus structure, in my opinion, is that you might as well just have a regional bonus... because you need over half of the territories in each region already for the bonus structure you have. if you wanna have the build your own bonus thing, i'd suggest adding more territs. also, you don't have to say, own "fangs, blood, mud, etc". you could just color code your legend text and it would be understandable, as the backgrounds on your territs already look good, would be easily distinguishable.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users