TaCktiX wrote:Really good update, the legend is much more understandable and all the graphics are improved.
- The title looks good, but on the R, the dripping slime is a little out of proportion with the rest of the letters. Consider keeping the slime only on the top of the R, with a slight drip over the curve and stem (if that makes sense).
- The Skulls and Fangs are far too small on map to be obviously understood. Perhaps consider a different symbol (like a single Fang) to allow for the symbols to look as good as the Bloods and Muds (though the Mud needs to stick out from under the text a bit better. You can put the symbol just about anywhere, and not just underneath the letter).
- The chiefs could use some improving. They're good, but as the rest of the map is improving they look "behind." Definitely look into improving them as you've noted as a possible To Do.
- I think that there needs to be more than one tier of bonus for all the tribes. Make it more like Uniting the tribe bit by bit than a generic "aha, I now have all the power!" at a blockoff point. As it stands, it's either an easy two bonuses (Fangs, Bloods), or a really sweet bonus with a good drop (Muds, Skulls). Perhaps have a minimum territory cutoff (the 3-territory is a good one), and have built bonuses from there on up for each section. (+1 for 3, +2 for 4, +3 for 5, etc.)
- To avoid a really sweet freebie bonus drop in 1v1 games (big problem we've been running into with a lot of recent maps), I would look into either having some default neutrals, or requiring the chief to be held to gain a tribe bonus, and have them neutral.
- The description of the Chief attack routes (and adjacent territory) can be confusing. How about "the territory they are in" or something like that, as strictly speaking, the chief isn't adjacent.
- The Gates description of attack routes is misleading. I assume the two pairs can attack each other, but it looks like it's merely one-way. Also, the bonus is way too high. Sure they technically have to defend against 7 territories, but with them starting neutral they'll get conquered over in expanding empires. Building that into a nearly-freebie +5 would be something to avoid. Their mobility alone is really good, so consider dropping it to a +2 or +3.
TaCktiX wrote:- I think that there needs to be more than one tier of bonus for all the tribes. Make it more like Uniting the tribe bit by bit than a generic "aha, I now have all the power!" at a blockoff point. As it stands, it's either an easy two bonuses (Fangs, Bloods), or a really sweet bonus with a good drop (Muds, Skulls). Perhaps have a minimum territory cutoff (the 3-territory is a good one), and have built bonuses from there on up for each section. (+1 for 3, +2 for 4, +3 for 5, etc.)
MrBenn wrote:On an a side-note, as a child I used to have a recurring nightmare about being chased round a supermarket by a crocodile pushing a shopping trolley and wearing an "I ♥ Shopping" t-shirt...
Merker wrote:Some of this may allready be covered so, please do correct me;
-What is that pink blob next to Muck?
-I do realise that you are colourblind, but it may be appropiate to make the bonus information providerer things according to the colour;
Bloods ; Red
Fangs ; Brown
-It looks like the Bloods chief is carrying a sack, not next to a puddle of blood.
-The fangs look INCREDIBLY creepy.
I'll edit in more later, but I'm very busy!
squishyg wrote:The lettering on the legend is nice, but it looks crowded to me. At first glance I actually though the words were overlapping. If you give some more space above and below words like "Chiefs" "Evil" "Dark", etc., I think it'll be easier to read.
I like the bigger goblin chief image on the left. They should all be big like that. This map is super cute. We need more goblins on cc.
neanderpaul14 wrote:I love the fact that you put Muck right below Mudbutt.
pikkio wrote:really good looking map!
the new chief is fantastic and absolutely connected with the map's graphic style. go on and make all the chief like that!
Bruceswar wrote:Why is this still in Drafting? Should this not be moved by now?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests