Conquer Club

+2500 Games (Colonels and above)

This is where members organize pickup games, leagues, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Major Masli

Postby TeeGee on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:38 am

Masli wrote:First time Major now , just give me a pass

sent
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Uberwald on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:09 pm

2 new classic escalating games!

Captain Uberwald

Postby Selin on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:34 pm

updated
Last edited by Selin on Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:01 pm

australia 8p seq chained esc
click to join --> 1435208

6 places available
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Drop in rank during game

Postby roadwarrior on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:02 am

see below message
Last edited by roadwarrior on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brigadier roadwarrior

Postby roadwarrior on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:37 am

TeeGee wrote:

sent

Isn't it true that khaz asked that whoever takes part in the major level games ensure that they do not drop rank during the games as a precondition to particpate ?

Quote:hey road, pw is .........(omitted for privacy)

please only join/create if you know you wont drop rank during the game

khaz
End quote

Look at http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1457864. Masli has dropped to 2243. Was he not made aware of this?

I agree with Khaz's reasoning above not to encourage new majors to join major level games indiscrimanately and drop ranks (as they tend to) because this is so unfair to the rest of us who take pains to stay at that level so we could participate in the major games.
Brigadier roadwarrior

Postby Selin on Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:58 am

roadwarrior wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

sent

Isn't it true that khaz asked that whoever takes part in the major level games ensure that they do not drop rank during the games as a precondition to particpate ?

Quote:hey road, pw is .........(omitted for privacy)

please only join/create if you know you wont drop rank during the game

khaz
End quote

Look at http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1457864. Masli has dropped to 2243. Was he not made aware of this?

I agree with Khaz's reasoning above not to encourage new majors to join major level games indiscrimanately and drop ranks (as they tend to) because this is so unfair to the rest of us who take pains to stay at that level so we could participate in the major games.

The fact that he dropped to 2243 would effect someone's won/lost points by 2 or 3 points only according to the point system of CC.

It's very difficult to judge such situations. Where is the limit? Should he join when he is 2550 or is that also not enough? Why don't we name this games not 2600+, if someone between 2500 and 2600 should be considered not safe enough to join those games? etc. etc. etc.

On the other hand there are not so many players above 2500 who want to play games other than doubles or triples.

Therefore personally I tend for a rule that a player must have 2500+ points at the point when he joins a game. Quite often we face a situation that a game stays open for a couple of days. Players should drop their games if they drop below 2500 during this waiting period.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:48 pm

updated
Last edited by Selin on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:37 pm

General Mayhem wrote:
AndrewB wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
AndrewB wrote:Grab a partner and please join

Captain+ 2008 Winter Doubles League. Starts first week of January.

Are you going to have another tourney in spring?

Planning to do every 3 month or so.

Also stand by for the triples league....

now then andy. how are you mate??

sign osu and I up with you andrew aka neo for trips tourney, ok

and general mayhem, long time no hear pal, how are you?
General Blitzaholic

Postby khazalid on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:04 pm

my specification was there to stop people joining 10 games as soon as they get to 2500 for the first time, as a matter of courtesy. obviously if someone dips a bit its ok, nobody is going to be complaining much about 2pts here or there but if you are barely at 2500 or you know you have a stack of losses coming then it would be more courteous to wait. the main draw is just the higher quality than is found in the 2000 games and in all honesty there is little difference in a player of 2400 and one of 2600, but 2500 is the cut off for the rank and these games serve as an incentive to maintain it so long as everyone follows the rules
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:24 pm

masli had an unfortunate run of losses and dropped to captain. he asked the pass when he was at 2500 then rised to almost 2700 only to play 20 or so doodle earth speed games where he lost a shitload of points. i'm sure he'll be back to 2500+ in no time.

so what if he dropped 400 points? does that make him a lesser player, do the 2 more points you lose if he beats you count that much?

come on people let's not be so bitchy.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby AAFitz on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:28 pm

its not a matter of being bitchy.... its just a matter of ease... the line has to be drawn somewhere, and 2500 is the place as 2000 is in the 2000 games

it eliminates the need for discusion... only way to do it.

I do hope i get back to this level soon, but its so much easier to play the games I play at 2300 or so...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:44 pm

AAFitz wrote:its not a matter of being bitchy.... its just a matter of ease... the line has to be drawn somewhere, and 2500 is the place as 2000 is in the 2000 games

it eliminates the need for discusion... only way to do it.

I do hope i get back to this level soon, but its so much easier to play the games I play at 2300 or so...

the post above was directed at roadwarrior who (excuse me if i'm wrong) seemed very outraged by the fact that masli dared to drop bellow 2500 and thus he made the game unfair for roadwarrior who will potentially lose 2 more points. that's why i said he was bitchy.

the main reason i participate in the cc2000 and cc2500 games is to get some tough competition.
the fact that a guy reached 2500 then dropped bellow doesn't mean he's a poor player. i'd be very happy to play a game with you fitz because i know you're a good player and i have a lot to learn, should i perhaps put you on ignore cause you're bellow 2500 now? this is silly.

aside from the tough competition cc2500 provides it also provides the safety of score. it guarantees that you don't lose 50 points but rather something like 22-24 in the worst case. masli's drop means if i play a 1v1 now i will lose 22 points instead of 20 do those 2 extra points matter so much? of course not. what's he supposed to do, deadbeat the games to not upset the majors?

yes he won't join any more games until he has 2500 but that's all.

btw i have an ongoing cc2000 game that started 2 months ago. back then all 5 people were captains, 2 remained captains i jumped to major and the other 2 dropped to 1253 and 1479. what am i supposed to do? tell them to give up to protect my score?
btw fitz, you're eliminated in that game so pray that i win otherwise you'll drop 40 points. :lol:
Major DiM

Postby khazalid on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:52 pm

dim, you miss the point of his argument which is that there has to be a cut-off point somewhere, as captain is in cc2000 games. its the only way to do it.
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:56 pm

khazalid wrote:dim, you miss the point of his argument which is that there has to be a cut-off point somewhere, as captain is in cc2000 games. its the only way to do it.

no, actually i got the point. and as i said above masli isn't joining any new games until he's back to major. saying that you should only join if you can keep the rank is sort of silly. who knows if you can keep the rank? you might get a streak of bad luck or you might lose internet for a few days and deadbeat all games. i was a captain for 4 months non stop being stable at 2300 points. all of a sudden one day i fell to 1900 and the same day i got up to 2400. shit happens dice screw you. you don't have total control.
we have a rule. don't join if you are bellow 2500. but to be so outraged by somebody that dropped bellow 2500 after he joined seems kinda silly to me.
Major DiM

Postby Uberwald on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Aaaahhh less discussion post more games! :P
Captain Uberwald

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:09 pm

Uberwald wrote:Aaaahhh less discussion post more games! :P

true:

DiM wrote:australia 8p seq chained esc
click to join --> 1435208

6 places available
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:09 pm

i would like to organize a major league tourney.
i need 16 24 32...and any multiples of 8.
there will be several divisions based on the rank at the start of the competition. all games will be 8p terminator, escalating chained without fog. for the map there are 2 options. either all games are played on the same map or each player chooses a home map.
each league will have 8 rounds and at the end the top 3 will advance to the upper league while the bottom 3 will be relegated.
premium is a must.

are you guys interested?

i want to do this for 2 reasons.
1. constant flow of high quality games
2. fun

when the season is over teams are relegated and promoted, map choices can be changed (if we go with home court) and if a guy has fallen bellow 2500 he is taken out (sorry) and either replaced with another major or it's place is filled from lower divisions. if it happens in the lowest division then that spot remains empty and 7p games will be played.
Major DiM

Postby Selin on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:02 pm

updated
Last edited by Selin on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Uberwald on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 pm

DiM wrote:i would like to organize a major league tourney.
i need 16 24 32...

i would be interested, just for the record though its only going to be escalating right?

how will you keep score? Points gained? Kills? Wins?
Captain Uberwald

Postby rabbiton on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:37 pm

DiM wrote:i would like to organize a major league tourney.
i need 16 24 32...and any multiples of 8.
there will be several divisions based on the rank at the start of the competition. all games will be 8p terminator, escalating chained without fog. for the map there are 2 options. either all games are played on the same map or each player chooses a home map.
each league will have 8 rounds and at the end the top 3 will advance to the upper league while the bottom 3 will be relegated.
premium is a must.

are you guys interested?

i want to do this for 2 reasons.
1. constant flow of high quality games
2. fun

when the season is over teams are relegated and promoted, map choices can be changed (if we go with home court) and if a guy has fallen bellow 2500 he is taken out (sorry) and either replaced with another major or it's place is filled from lower divisions. if it happens in the lowest division then that spot remains empty and 7p games will be played.

yes. however, i'm still undecided on 8p games and would prefer it to be either 5 or 6p, or to be a variety from 4-8p, not just all 8p. also, would prefer the scoring to be based on wins.
Field Marshal rabbiton

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:54 pm

i want 8p games because this way we'll have 8 games per league, one for each player. if we have 4p games or 6 then the league will need to have smaller groups.
i want terminator because this way people must be agressive to catch at least 1-2 kills and i want it escalating because the games must not last forever.

also the ranking will be calculated according to the number of kills not points or wins. if i calculate based on points then a 2500 major will have the edge over a 3000 points colonel because he gets more points per win. and if i calculate based on wins then this encourages people in a terminator game to sit back let somebody else collect kills then strike at the end and get the win.

so 8p games terminator escalating chained no fog. on classic or a map for each player.
Major DiM

Postby Uberwald on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:54 pm

rabbiton wrote:yes. however, i'm still undecided on 8p games and would prefer it to be either 5 or 6p, or to be a variety from 4-8p, not just all 8p. also, would prefer the scoring to be based on wins.

agreed, im not sure yet if i like 8 players on a classic map :) So maybe 6 players would be better or use the world 2.1 map?

How you you base scoring on wins though win terms? I could kill 6 players then loose against the last....kinda would make a term into a standard esc game?
Captain Uberwald

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Uberwald wrote:
rabbiton wrote:yes. however, i'm still undecided on 8p games and would prefer it to be either 5 or 6p, or to be a variety from 4-8p, not just all 8p. also, would prefer the scoring to be based on wins.

agreed, im not sure yet if i like 8 players on a classic map :) So maybe 6 players would be better or use the world 2.1 map?

How you you base scoring on wins though win terms? I could kill 6 players then loose against the last....kinda would make a term into a standard esc game?

i have nothing against world 2.1. as i said i'm opened to suggestions. either we pick a map and play all games on it or each player chooses a home court.

also i said in the previous post. the scoring will be based on kills not wins.
so if i kill 6 guys then you kill me and win the game i have 6 kills and you just 1.

i want this because it makes people more agressive and more willing to make a daring move for a quick kill.
Major DiM

Postby Uberwald on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Yeah read the posts too fast :)

Sounds good!
Captain Uberwald

PreviousNext

Return to Callouts